Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:19 pm 

5 minutes to fill air tank

you just screwing with me yes :ANAL: :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:25 pm 

abslayer wrote:
5 minutes to fill air tank

you just screwing with me yes :ANAL: :wink:

No, I just can't read properly. Can you tell I failed high school English 3 times? At least I can still do math.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:33 pm 

abslayer wrote:
20 K 12 minute drive Where you get 240K

" However I have a friend that works in a shop that can fill my tank to 4100 psi only 20k away in about 5 minutes max "

seriously? - you typed it - It is all about the grammar, or lack there-of.

I was wondering if 5 minutes included both the drive and the 4,100 psi fill.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 pm 

I was driving just over an hour (one way) to the closest paintball place but the air was free. It's a real downer when you get home and find your tank leaked all the way. However,my guns like lots of air and I could empty my 90 cu. tank in a day and wind up pumping and I find it too hard to pump over 2000 psi. My Hatsan is 3000 and I can't pump it up. This is why I decided to invest in a good compressor. Only after Looking at all the cheaper ones and not really liking what I was seeing did I make the decision to go all hog and get the best I could afford. I've used it weekly and can't believe how quiet and efficient it is. So far I'm very happy with it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:51 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

How is your Omega so far? Been a few good months now.. Did you get a chance to use it more than a few times since? Any problems with it?
I'm getting a Yong Heng 30 mPa compressor. Got it for $400 shipped to my door (took 6 days to ship from Shanghai). So if it fails, it won't be too much of a loss and I'll need to look for other options.

Air Arms HFT 500
FX Streamline laminate .22
Benjamin Discovery .22 (tuned)
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Crosman 22xx carbine (tuned)
Princess Auto Super Springer Deluxe ($34.99)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:34 pm 

I do not blame you at all for getting the compressor. Under different circumstances, like having $3,500.00 spare change,

I'd have one too. Last winter a friend of mine and I shot some air rifle indoors at the range. I tried pumping up his Texan,

made 1/2 dozen strokes on the pump, stepped away, walked over to my own table and went back to shooting my Condor and Brocock

& filling them with HP air from my tanks.

I currently rent 4,50-0psi nitrogen tank and use that to fill my Scuba and Scott Air Pack tanks. I'm happy, for now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:45 am 

Cz sniper,
I now have 15 hours on it and it's been great so far. Use it weekly to top up two 90 ci tanks and two Hatsan tubes. Takes less than 20 minutes to top up a tank from 2000 psi to 4200 psi. I never go over 4200 because sitting in a hot car can and does make the pressure rise several hundred psi. After having it I'd never go back to pumping by hand. That hand pump will end up on here sooner or later for sale.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:00 pm 

Right now, your car can sit in the sun here all day and not get over 60F.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:50 pm 

I wish we had that kind of weather.
It's cold and rainy here this week. Plus 7c today.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:00 am 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hey Cougar,

It’s been a year or so since you purchased your Omega (Turbo?) Compressor - how has it been in terms of reliability and long term performance? How many hours run time so far? Has the compressor required anything major in terms of service? Wish I could get my hands on one, but they rarely come up for sale as a used item. Like all things, this unit strikes me as being very high quality and unlike everything else, ultra quiet operation - that’s a huge plus for me! I guess that classic adage “you get what you pay for” certainly applies in this case. Big bucks but worth it, especially for those of us who haven’t a local dive shop for HPA fillls. Hope you can post an update at some point and share with us again.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:43 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:
Hey Cougar,

It’s been a year or so since you purchased your Omega (Turbo?) Compressor - how has it been in terms of reliability and long term performance? How many hours run time so far? Has the compressor required anything major in terms of service? Wish I could get my hands on one, but they rarely come up for sale as a used item. Like all things, this unit strikes me as being very high quality and unlike everything else, ultra quiet operation - that’s a huge plus for me! I guess that classic adage “you get what you pay for” certainly applies in this case. Big bucks but worth it, especially for those of us who haven’t a local dive shop for HPA fillls. Hope you can post an update at some point and share with us again.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

So far I've just under 17 hours on my compressor and couldn't be happier with it. That might not seem like a lot but I topped off a 90 ci bottle this morning from 2100 to 4500 in about 12 minutes. I do use it weekly. I did have one issue with the check valves but a quick call and I was given step by step instructions on how to clean the cylinder heads and install new check valves that came with the unit. The cause was too much grease I'm sure but now I know what to watch for. About a 20 minute service. They even sent me a new set of check valves because he said it shouldn't of happened. It's no louder than a washing machine, if you go into the next room you can't even hear it run.

When I bought this unit I did a lot of research and wasn't about to go the Chinese route because i just couldn't find much for good reviews on them at the time and figured if I had a problem I could kiss my money goodbye. Wasn't about to do that so I kept my money in Canada and dealt with airgunsource. After sales service is great there.

So far I'm one happy airgunner. My Hatsan bt65 is hungry and we have to feed the beast.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:03 pm 

Been doing my research on compressors too. The conclusion of this blogis that the big price difference between this Omega and Chinese compressors comes down to convenience.

The Omega has little in the way of user limitations. It seems to do work as most people expect a compressor to; it can fill large tanks, unsupervised.

The Chinese compressors need to be used wisely because you can't fill a 80cu scuba tank straight off without burning up the compressor. I think the writer of this article has it right. If, and only if, you are willing to babysit your compressor and never walk away from it when it's running then the Chinese products will work for you. The writer also says he would never use the Chinese comp to fill a large tank. Rather, he would have the 80-120cu tank filled at a scuba shop and use the chinese compressor to top it off before the psi gets to low. He also write the best use for these chinese comps are for filling the gun's cylinder directly. It can fill the typical gun (200cc) in 90 seconds and with that kind of a duty cycle it should last a long time.

So if you have 4500, 3400 & 3000psi tanks set up in a cascading fill station - you pretty much need the high run cycle of the Omega. If you can fill your gun directly, or Air Venturi 13cuin tanks or come up with a complex system of topping off large scuba/scba tanks on a regular basis then you can 'get away with' a lesser compressor. Convenience does have value and to me, thats what the Omega represents. However, I work on a shoestring budget for my hobbies and I really appreciate there is a less expensive option even though it means a more difficult to use product.

Set n Forget vs Constant management

http://gunroom.com.au/pcp-compressors/

Some day I'll be a wealthy airgunner and I'll have a gun butler to maintain my arsenal. Until then, brother can ya spare a dime...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:18 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyWmMy-fHo8

you need one good filter to protect your PCP hunting gun. Absorb the moisture from the compressor