Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: HW45 - scoped
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:46 pm 

I finally succumbed to RC's inspiration and invested in a pistol scope for my HW45. I decided to get the OEM Weihrauch scope all the way from Germany but was a bit disappointed to find the actual "M" was in fact about 8,000 km from there ("Made in China"...). Not too much of a surprise I suppose but it seems pretty good, the mounts fit the odd HW rail just fine and it didn't take much zeroing.
After a few practice groups, I tried a "proper" target, 20 shots at about 10 yards. Okay, so it started off as 10 shots but then I decided to go with the idea that if you shoot enough you will end up with a one hole group... :wink: 4 annoying flyers but otherwise, that is what I got.
Interestingly, rested on a sandbag it pulled about 3" high (I was otherwise seated low down with two handed grip, elbows resting on knees).
I feel I may lighten the trigger as I have done with rifles once I put scopes on them and looking forward to further practice at different ranges as this is obviously going to be much better than the open sights to learn the ranges properly (I hate to say, as I prefer to stick with open sights on pistols if at all possible).

Attachments:
170323 - HW45 scoped.jpg
170323 - HW45 scoped.jpg [ 243.2 KiB | Viewed 1588 times ]
170323 - HW45 scoped 10m 20 shots.jpg
170323 - HW45 scoped 10m 20 shots.jpg [ 337.04 KiB | Viewed 1588 times ]

Post subject: Re: HW45 - scoped
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 pm 

Looks good, and that's some nice shooting - congrats! RC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:13 pm 

Thanks, looks like money well spent...but it did leave me wondering if I should have picked up one of these while I was at it from the same place I got the scope:

Attachments:
hw45_holz_br_v2.jpg
hw45_holz_br_v2.jpg [ 44.14 KiB | Viewed 1558 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:42 pm 

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/ ?
That's where I found my stock and it's something else. I wasn't sure how it would be, but once I got it sighted and figured out, I cannot put it down nor take it off. It's very smooth to cock as the stock can just wedge under your shoulder for added leverage support and with the short stroke, compared to cocking a rifle, its great for plinking sessions. I can sit and shoot for hours if I had the time.
I've just found dark grips that match, but don't have a pic

Attachments:
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0575.JPG [ 119.25 KiB | Viewed 1550 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:51 pm 

Yep, that's where I got the scope.
Glad to hear it worked out, so how does it go on? Are there attachments that go under the grips? Looks like you too have the Pearce grip already under them too and not a problem?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:05 pm 

I have the opposite side photo, but cant upload atm - can post when I get near wifi

Plate runs from the wood stock to the pistol handle and mounts under the right side. In this case, over the finger grooves, under the wood grip. It comes with (2) longer screws that replace the grip screws for that side.
The screws just needed to be retightened after some use because of the Pearce grips extra play given by the rubber, but once retightened a couple times, it seems to have set itself in nicely, even since I've just put new grips on in the last couple weeks.

As I said, I do not want to take it off and I do not want to put it down.. I have been getting some satisfying groups