Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:11 am 

Do any owners of this have opinions for target shooting accuracy at 16 feet ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:58 pm 

I bought this and put 300 shots thru in past 3 days. You can get more technical info from the reviews on the internet, the following are my impressions so far. All shots sitting at 16 1/2 feet with two hand hold in single action.
Decent weight and balance, good polymer build, comfortable grip for small - medium hands.
Took longer to open the blister pack than to sight- in with the laser I installed.

Bought from AirgunSource along with Umarex Hornady Black Diamond bbs. These gave BB. Pelletier best groups in his PyramydAir blog. I will also give this brand a slight edge for grouping over the Umarex and Daisy Zinc bbs which I have always used ( I plan to to test the Hornady in my other bb guns)
Some review comments indicated that certain other brands did not fit well falling out of the 10 shot disc. I had no problems fitting these 3 brands.I used an allen key to tighten the CO2 Cartridge instead of fiddling with the enclosed key which is same process on the DW715 and others coming out recently.
So far , I am very pleased with this low cost pistol and will determine, in time, if the Hornady bb is still the best for it and if performance continues to be excellent.

Pic to follow -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:22 pm 

Pic:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:51 pm 

I could have added that I was disappointed with the first several targets until I developed the best hold technique for the Brodax. I did start out in a rested position which I don't want to use after sighting in . For me , this one is best with arms fully out and finger pad on trigger. I have found that every airgun requires some variation in grip/stance, etc.
Groups for all three brands is now 1 inch to 1 1/8 inch at 16 1/2 feet.
The Umarex and Daisy groups were slightly left of center so I may stay with the Hornady rather than adjust my laser for each brand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:19 pm 

Got mine 3 week's ago but could not shoot it before last week-end. Couple month's ago my neighbour gave me his old Crossman 357 8) , I did restored the mechanic and now shoot's great, it felt lonely :( and I wanted something different/unusual. Colt SAA could of been a contender, but the Brodax won because of it's different look.

My first impression is, good looking, the clip does'nt show that much almost integreted 8) , easy to change. That's an all plastic gun :? , but does not feel like it and gives it a nice/perfect weight. Except the seem line all around it is very well made. The grip door to load the CO2 is a horrible :hsmash pain to remove but it will not fly off while shooting. You will get around 80/100 shot per CO2 (my 357 gives 120/140 shot). Not loud at all, could shoot it inside no problem...

At 30 feet (+/- 1) I was able to keep it whitin 2'' :mrgreen: . The trigger in SA is wonderfull :supz: , smooth and short :D but in DA, well you will have to get use to it... The grip is good ounce you found your hold/grip. Safety is well placed and is very easy to operate, the trigger and hammer has no sideplay. Inner barrel is at 5.75''.

Am I happy with it, yes. Will I recommend it, yes... 8)

I will try it at longer distance just to see (45/60 feet)...

Silentman...

Attachments:
File comment: Brodax + bi-pod + red dot (who need's zeroing)
IMG_7809.jpg
IMG_7809.jpg [ 380.99 KiB | Viewed 1709 times ]

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:33 pm 

silentman I was just shooting it today. At 17 feet just as accurate as my pellet pistols. 70 accurate shots.I use small laser indoors.

Can you give me size on the bipod and where to buy. No smallish one like this on Ebay that I can see- mostly 6-9 inch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:27 pm 

ten-ring wrote:
silentman I was just shooting it today. At 17 feet just as accurate as my pellet pistols. 70 accurate shots.I use small laser indoors.

Can you give me size on the bipod and where to buy. No smallish one like this on Ebay that I can see- mostly 6-9 inch

Found my bi-pod at Airgunsource.ca couple year's ago at the same time I bought the Steel Force. Leg's at 4'' long, 5 1/2'' overall hight. Depending of what (wich gun) I'm using it for, I extend the bolt on top to get 7'' high.

Looked on their web site and could not find it. Only thing I could found was this

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/ ... dwDw2jWzb0

different brand, same look, but it's longer :( ... Mine is UTG. like this one...

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/utg-heavy-du ... dwFoGjWzb0

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:45 pm 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/6-9-Inch-Adjusta ... ipod-SM-/1

there are a few large 6-9 inch ones on ebay like this for about $17.00 or Amazon.ca for double that amount. would these work?
also a weaver rail adaptor for about $7.00