Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:07 pm 

Got this a week or 10 days ago but really just had time to play with it recently.

First of all, the 700fps rating on the box is MAXIMUM and NOT APPLICABLE if your country has restrictions. Like us.

My Duct Seal Putty chrony says right around the same as every other <500fps springer I own.

It is a break-barrel springer in .177 caliber, single shot.

Fit and finish are very good for the $139.00 price. Quite happy with it. The pistol grip is that soft feeling, but really hard rubber, the extended stock and adjustable cheekpiece are hard polymer.
The stock is removable, however the pistol looks ridiculous with a giant opening in the aft end, not to mention unless you are a Sasquatch, shooting this one handed is impossible due to the weight and recoil.

Has an adjustable trigger but I have not adjusted it. Feels just fine on this one. Very slight creep..stops, breaks. Certainly no more than 4lbs on mine, maybe less.

Bluing is good, nice and uniform.

No owners manual printed on the barrel (thank you lord). Manual in the box.

Sights are fiber optic, green in back and red out front. but I'll forgive that due to the adjustability, including the front.

Cocking effort is medium high to high. 58lbs. They include a "cocking aid" that screws on to the end of the barrel. It looks nice and helps quite a bit, however the machining is such that the base bottoms out before the threads are really tight. It has come loose twice.

Red Loctite fixed that permanently. I see no reason to ever remove it and I dont sell my stuff, so who cares if its on forever?

NOTE: IMAGINE THAT STOCK WAS NOT ATTATCHED..GIANT HOLE IN THE ARSE END..LOOKS LIKE THE PISTOL HAS A RECTUM BEHIND IT (OTHER THAN THE ONE SHOOTING IT I MEAN)

The adjustable stock has 1/8" side to side play in the stock end. The end that goes in to the pistol is very tight.Spring loaded internal clamps. Anyway, the play bugged me, so again I fixed it permanently with epoxy. I see no need to make a short length of pull (at maximum extension) even shorter, so its staying where I want it from now on.

I have to razor blade the excess off later.

Cheek piece is adjustable and thats nice for the price :)

Front Sight

Trigger and Safety

Rear Sight

Barrel Block Etching

OK so shooting it...its only a pistol so I dont really want to use the word "violent", but it sort of is. Not in a magnum springer rifle way, but very sharp, direct recoil. Not a slow push like a .45 ..more like the fast crack of a 9mm. Far far less recoil than either one of course, just trying to explain it.

I have only shot 20 shots at around 20 feet with cheapo Daisy pointed. My last 5 went in to a quarter sized hole with open sights after I got finished playing with them.

No dieseling I could detect, no "bang", smoke, smell, etc...but i did put chamber lube in a week ago, 10 drops, and let it sit a week.

Have not pulled action out yet. It certainly does not sound dry, it cocks nicely with no crunching, but could probably stand to be properly lubed.

I'm not going to scope this. Broken down it will fit in a laptop bag and is under 5lbs. Really neat little "truck\trunk" gun. Cheap, Well made and seems accurate. Something to have handy if you are in an appropriate spot and have some time to kill.

Just bought a red dot from a member for this. I think it will be perfect for this carbine.

Glad i bought it.

EDIT: It is borderline for shooting indoors. In its current configuration of 490fps it isn't "overly" loud, but its close. I can promise you if this thing were doing 700fps you would not be shooting it indoors without earmuffs.

Now, I have no idea whether this thing is classed as a pistol or rifle. I'm sure if pistol you cannot take it over 500fps because a .177 pellet would surpass the ft lb limit, thus making it restricted. If its a rifle, then a PAL works fine but you have to store it like a real firearm, transport, blah blah.

I'd just accept it for what it is and leave it alone.

EDIT 2: The cocking stroke is a bit funny, forgot to mention it earlier. It cocks about 70%, then almost comes to a stop, then I guess due to compression the last 30% is pretty tough. I would definatly call it 2 stage cocking.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:10 pm 

Your Arse on the end of it comment had me cackling, lol!
Nice gun, thanks for sharing! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:34 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Your Arse on the end of it comment had me cackling, lol!
Nice gun, thanks for sharing! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Once I had that thought come to mind, I simply cannot get rid of it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:32 pm 

Excellent, thanks for posting that. I also appreciate the good, British spelling and use of the word "arse".
I have a Hatsan 25 and find that even with a riser rail, I am unable to get a scope on it as the rear sight is so high. While you say you will put a dot sight on it, do you think it would be easy to put a compact scope on it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 pm 

If its over 26 1/4 inches, should be able to make it a non-restricted rifle if you wanted to up the power.