Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: diy spinner target.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:54 pm 

I just finished making a couple spinner targets. I;ve done pictures on here before but I haven't got the patience today to go back and forth and make them smaller. what I did was use these bearings. I cleaned the grease out of them first with wd40 so they spin better. put a clamp over it and attached the round steel targets that I make out of electrical plate covers onto the clamp. and put it on a threaded rod. the smaller I made the targets the less they weighed so they spun better. anyway ; they spin pretty good. I don,t know how long before they start rusting and sieze up. but for now they work.

Attachments:
56982_6590479o.jpg
56982_6590479o.jpg [ 8.61 KiB | Viewed 1974 times ]

Post subject: Re: diy spinner target.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:20 pm 

pete wrote:
I just finished making a couple spinner targets. I;ve done pictures on here before but I haven't got the patience today to go back and forth and make them smaller. what I did was use these bearings. I cleaned the grease out of them first with wd40 so they spin better. put a clamp over it and attached the round steel targets that I make out of electrical plate covers onto the clamp. and put it on a threaded rod. the smaller I made the targets the less they weighed so they spun better. anyway ; they spin pretty good. I don,t know how long before they start rusting and sieze up. but for now they work.
heres a few blurry pics.

Attachments:
Photo0232.jpg
Photo0232.jpg [ 37.67 KiB | Viewed 1928 times ]
Photo0228.jpg
Photo0228.jpg [ 40.44 KiB | Viewed 1928 times ]
Photo0230.jpg
Photo0230.jpg [ 86.98 KiB | Viewed 1928 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:50 pm 

pete wrote:
I just finished making a couple spinner targets. I;ve done pictures on here before but I haven't got the patience today to go back and forth and make them smaller. what I did was use these bearings. I cleaned the grease out of them first with wd40 so they spin better. put a clamp over it and attached Rachat prĂȘtthe round steel targets that I make out of electrical plate covers onto the clamp. and put it on a threaded rod. the smaller I made the targets the less they weighed so they spun better. anyway ; they spin pretty good. I don,t know how long before they start rusting and sieze up. but for now they work.

j'aimerai bien essayer ceci

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:58 pm 

that looks like a French compliment storam which I don't speak ; but I know merci means thanks. these were just a trial spinner. I can only get them to spin about a dozen times when I hit them. I;ve been trying to think of a way to make something that will spin around like crazy when hit. any body have any ideas. I;ve got some smaller-- roller blade bearings coming. maybe with those and a smaller sized target that will make a difference.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:27 pm 
Supporting Members

I made a similar spinner a few years ago using skateboard bearings and brass pipe clamps....they are threaded so you can screw in a bolt and shoot the head of the bolt to make it spin.

http://www.brass-parts-india.com/Pipe-F ... lamps.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:40 pm 

Very nice!

But far too complicated for old me... :)

Here's my DIY spinner target...

I've got it nailed to the side of a tree just next to my squirrel bait, uh, FEEDER. :)

Air Arms S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:40 pm 

nice mtl. simple but effective. I wan;t something that will spin like crazy. I found these ones that state they spin real fast. but so far I think they can only be found on some u.k. websites but they said no shipping to Canada.

Attachments:
REFLEX%20TRI%20SPINNER.jpg
REFLEX%20TRI%20SPINNER.jpg [ 132.82 KiB | Viewed 1641 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:56 am 

heres a bit of my indoor range. wen;t from a nice yard to this. I have about 18 feet from garage door to the targets. not much room so I made this challenging little target up today (bottom pic shows it best.). a little piece of tin with the holes in it and I can line 3 cans up behind the holes. in order to hit the can I must shoot the pellet or bb through one of the holes. haven't tried it yet. but should be able to do it with my daisy 953 with centerpoint scope no problem. ha. and those five lollipop looking things are poker chips wrapped inside a pipe cleaner.

Attachments:
Photo0235.jpg
Photo0235.jpg [ 170.19 KiB | Viewed 1623 times ]
Photo0240.jpg
Photo0240.jpg [ 149.35 KiB | Viewed 1623 times ]
Photo0237.jpg
Photo0237.jpg [ 75.57 KiB | Viewed 1623 times ]