Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:36 pm 

Woody wrote:
Don't feel you have to spend lots of $$$ on a gun to start out with. I went to a pistol match with a $60 gun and tied for 3rd place, against guys with high end guns. The Beeman P17 is a good beginner gun, mine at the time was Marksman 2004, same thing.
A good beginer gun will get you comfortable with shooting, and working on your gun. The 1377 can be improved with a slightly weaker trigger/sear spring and a bit of polishing the contact points. No shortage of info and parts for that platform.

You may get looks and sneers at first, but once guys sedan you're shooting all day for $10 it might catch on.

Good point Woody and that's where I am right now. Ordered a trigger spring and adjuster knob for my 1377. Hoping for rifle as well because freehand from 10m I can place 15 shots inside a loonie but most days inside a quarter. Bought a Beeman but changed out the scope in the first hour. You cant see where you hit target with scope it means time for a new scope. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 am 

Took my crono out for my pellet guns. Did my 1377. Got up to 12 pumps at 389.8. Tried 14 pumps and .......... oh never mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice to know a little more umph if needed when out in the bush or far targets. Only pump it at seven pumps for 413.5 normally in the house. :idea: I am sure more pumps would equal fast wear on pistol. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:33 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
At our gun club we have a pistol range. What's a good air pistol that I could take out and not look silly being with other restricted powder burners. I do have a Crosman 357 presently and a 1008 Repeatair. Do I save my money and get a match pistol for 2 or 3 hundred bucks? Something above 500 FPS? I do have a PAL but never any interest in getting a restricted because of registry. I just got off registry because of Ex Prime Minister Harper. Kinda new to airguns. Have not shot mine in over 40 years. Thanks for any advice.

$200-300 is not going to get you much of a air pistol in terms of match quality. There are not going to be many +500fps air pistols available out of the box here in Canada if any. What would be the point? Technically you wouldn't be able to shoot it at home and all the other regulations of a restricted firearm.

IMO shoot whatever you have and get over whatever anyone else thinks. I paid my gun club membership fees. If I want to shoot my slingshot at the range so be it.

Words well spoken. Do not want to go over 500fps and have to get restricted licence. Ordered a good pump pistol that my gunsmith recommended for paper this morning. Got two different kinds of matched pellets. Should have it Wednesday. Had to get locks. Same storage rules as guns. CRAZY! I have 11 Excalibur Crossbows, Compounds and spears hanging on my wall and arrows in a milk crate with broadheads on the shelf between and they are worried about my little pellet guns. :roll: LOL

WOOOOO Thanks showed my wife and now she thinks I am not that bad in my collection 8) :o

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:33 pm 

Glad I could help. :lol: :lol: :lol: Once you get so much, when something new arrives the wife just laughs. Real expensive stuff just stick it under her bed for a week, then go in and get it so she sees you pull it out and when she says "I never seen that one before" your come back is "it has been their for a long time." Technically that is not a lie. :lol: :lol: Pellet guns with get a three month rest at the end of this month for my favorite sport Bowfishing. Can't wait!!!! Why shoot targets when you can shoot moving fish. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:47 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
Glad I could help. :lol: :lol: :lol: Once you get so much, when something new arrives the wife just laughs. Real expensive stuff just stick it under her bed for a week, then go in and get it so she sees you pull it out and when she says "I never seen that one before" your come back is "it has been their for a long time." Technically that is not a lie. :lol: :lol: Pellet guns with get a three month rest at the end of this month for my favorite sport Bowfishing. Can't wait!!!! Why shoot targets when you can shoot moving fish. LOL

:lol: So much for catch and release.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:05 am 

No but you should see my wife's flower beds. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:17 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

:lol: So much for catch and release.

Who catches and releases suckers and carp?

It is illegal here to shoot game fish with a bow - coarse fish only, and I think that is further regulated to suckers and carp only.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:31 am 

You are right. Only suckers and carp in Canada. I did make it to Ocean City, Maryland last July shooting Stingray on the Atlantic Ocean. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:38 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
You are right. Only suckers and carp in Canada. I did make it to Ocean City, Maryland last July shooting Stingray on the Atlantic Ocean. :)

not sure were you guys have been fishing lol...
Ok we may not have the luxury of a lot of salt water fish
but we have the best fresh water fishing around... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:50 pm 

Ace wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

not sure were you guys have been fishing lol...
Ok we may not have the luxury of a lot of salt water fish
but we have the best fresh water fishing around... 8)

:shock: Let us know how enjoyable jail is when you go shoot the best fresh water fish with a bow and arrow. Did you even read any of the thread? :mrgreen: LOL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:40 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Did you even read any of the thread? :mrgreen: LOL

:oops: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:40 pm 

Made a target for my 22 powder burners a few years ago. Now it is for my air guns. Old real-estate sign frame from when I bought my house. Top middle target their is a tiny one in middle held there to swing with welding wire. The others are with rubber bungy cords. Use your foot and step it into the ground and start shooting.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:52 pm 

Hey wheelie
just want to say your not alone i almost got beat up for a pic of a 40lb carp I arrowed in Burnaby lake that I was showing off in a UK pub.I'm more of a trad guy :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:46 am 

love your pellet gun rack. I am over flowth on mine now with 5. LOL

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:34 pm 

Got my 2240 today. WOW what a pistol. Fits perfectly in my good holsters I already had. Squished the trigger spring a bit. Be a good pistol for my belt when working in the bush to scared of predators or rabid raccoons. Where Crosman comes up with the idea of 90 usable shots I will never know. More like 30 but I can live with that. Looking forward to working on my archery coarse on Sunday morning. Putting a hold on a HW45 in .22 for awhile. At $79. I am not concerned if it gets beat up in the bush, lose it, drop it in the river ect. I could buy seven of them for the price of one HW45. :lol: CHEERS!