Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 2260 HPA Bottled.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:07 pm 

Ive been building this 2260 HPA for awhile now. Its going to have a 14.5" barrel with a GMAC multi shot breech.

I pinned the valve using Disco screws. I installed a disco stem, threaded the valve cap 1/8 NPT and installed a over 2000 PSI rated stainless line. Drilled a hole in the end cap.

Now I'm waiting on another fitting. Either too short or too long. I got a female to female 1/8 3000 PSI fitting coming.

Guardian 13ci 3000 PSI tank, I'm waiting on a 1200 PSI reg for it.

This will be what it would look like minus a bottle hanging off.

Still haven't figured out how Iam going to mount the Tank. Down the road I might put on a M4 stock, Figure a way to mount a Prod barrel band and make a shroud for it.

I'm hoping to get the fittings in next week. So I can at least pressure test it.

Post subject: Re: 2260 HPA Bottled.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:58 pm 

Nice! Should be a great light gun and fun to shoot with the repeater breech. Are you going for high power or lots of shots?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:19 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Nice! Should be a great light gun and fun to shoot with the repeater breech. Are you going for high power or lots of shots?

Im not sure. I don't think I'll get high numbers with the short barrel. Mid 600 FPS is my guess with the 1200 PSI Reg.

Guess this gun is more of a plinker then a hunting gun. I might bump it up to a 1500 PSI reg.

So to answer your Q. I guess in between.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 am 

Yeah! That'd be my goal too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:17 am 

I would suggest you stay below 1400 psi, or you may have problems blowing the 1.8K burst disc in the downstream side of the regulator.... I assume the reg. has two?.... You are very limited in plenum volume between the regulator and the valve, all you have is the volume of HPA inside all your plumbing for the shot to use.... I would suggest you concentrate on low power and great shot count....

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:25 pm 

I take it that unless you somehow put an extension in the valve to move it ahead enough to cover the stamp in the tube, it's not safe to use at 1200psi with the end cap tapped instead of the valve and steel line. Otherwise that would be a nice option hey.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:33 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
I take it that unless you somehow put an extension in the valve to move it ahead enough to cover the stamp in the tube, it's not safe to use at 1200psi with the end cap tapped instead of the valve and steel line. Otherwise that would be a nice option hey.

If you look its threaded into a disco valve cap. Which threads into my 2240 valve. I did it this way to get around the stamping problem of the maintube. The stanless steel line rated for over 2000 psi and the end cap at the end just drilled out to let the ss line go thru.

Its a method bob did minus I used a SS line rather then a hose. Less chances of o ring leak.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:23 pm 

Right, that's what I thought. Good job! Sorry for my ignorance, do you have to get the line made to size or is there some way to cut it and attach it to a fitting yourself? I have some macroline and fittings here I was planning on doing the same thing with, but I've never dealt with steel hose before. Looks like it has more volume and sturdier of course, though that doesn't matter too much in the tube, but less chance of bursting is always a plus hey!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:05 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Right, that's what I thought. Good job! Sorry for my ignorance, do you have to get the line made to size or is there some way to cut it and attach it to a fitting yourself? I have some macroline and fittings here I was planning on doing the same thing with, but I've never dealt with steel hose before. Looks like it has more volume and sturdier of course, though that doesn't matter too much in the tube, but less chance of bursting is always a plus hey!

I originally had it setup like a Disco and kept it around 1000 PSi. But I kept on nicking o rings installing. So wanted to go a less leak method. I measured how long I needed and I just went online and found 12" steel tube rated for high PSI. I thought about using braided line and just a foster fitting for a remote. But I ended up wanting to run a tank.

Also I used a disco valve cap because then I wouldnt have to make a new spring seat. You could use braided steel hose depending on the length you need and just make a custom split end cap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:56 pm 

Thanks, I apologize, I thought that was a braided steel hose. Well, the pipe is a good idea, easy to cut to length and then thread the ends. Will give a lot more plenum than my macroline anyway!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:24 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Thanks, I apologize, I thought that was a braided steel hose. Well, the pipe is a good idea, easy to cut to length and then thread the ends. Will give a lot more plenum than my macroline anyway!

No problem. I did originally use braided steel line but couldnt figure a end cap. I bounced around many ways. I was originally just going to remote feed it and just was going to have a foster fitting off the end. Then changed it to a bottle.

I got 2 x 5.5" sections of braided steel line with 1/8 NPT on the ends. You can have, just pay shipping.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:11 am 

Are you planning to run it as a pressurized tube or did you do so in the past? Just a bit odd to pin the valve when feeding it directly as in the picture.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:58 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
Are you planning to run it as a pressurized tube or did you do so in the past? Just a bit odd to pin the valve when feeding it directly as in the picture.

Al

I rather be safe then sorry. Also If I plan to run higher PSI, Its already pinned.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:35 pm 

I got a 90 fitting in and it assembled but its leaking from the valve stem. I wonder if the Disco valve spring is different then the 2240 spring? Or not enough pressure to seal the valve?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:24 pm 

I saw here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/665650/t ... iew+Thread that some peoples ''bake'' their valve to help the stem conform to the seat to seal better. HTH