Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:10 am 

I used gun grease on spring because that's what I had in house for my powder burners I have not shot in six or seven years. . Forty year old pellet gun and if it blows it will give me a reason to tear it apart again for more schooling for me. :lol: JG Airguns seem to sell everything including old leather seals. Ordered some 357 pistol parts last night to rebuild a 3rd Crosman 357 stub nose I have from years ago. Still have the box for it. :lol: CHEERS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
I used gun grease on spring because that's what I had in house for my powder burners I have not shot in six or seven years. . Forty year old pellet gun and if it blows it will give me a reason to tear it apart again for more schooling for me. :lol: JG Airguns seem to sell everything including old leather seals. Ordered some 357 pistol parts last night to rebuild a 3rd Crosman 357 stub nose I have from years ago. Still have the box for it. :lol: CHEERS!

gun grease is probably whats making it diesel.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:23 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

gun grease is probably whats making it diesel.

Yes I will clean it out when my new proper stuff arrives. Got new barrel seal in today. Ordered a couple in case they fit some other guns in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:38 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Then why does crosman recommend their silicone chamber oil for their break barrel guns?
Sounds like you use the wrong oil for what was recommended for that gun.

As far as i know there are a lot of speculations around silicone. First, there are some types of grease based on silicone but not a pure silicon. They contains many different things - f.e. original lube for a Hill pump and some greases for airsoft with a teflon particles in them.
Second - manufacturer not always says true. So nobody knows it is cheap gun oil for 50 cents sold as a super-duper magic unicorn milk for $15 :) For that very reason many branded oils have some funny colors (blue, red, green...) - simple because of a paint in it to make it look special.
...And manufacturer don't care about durability of a gun after the warranty expires. He wants to sell more new guns or at least spares.

IMHO of course. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:17 pm 

Sharpening knives has been a hobby of mine for 30 years.

Companies are not always the most honest entity on the planet when it comes to promoting their oils.

Those little bottles of red " honing" oil or " knife sharpening" oil for example.....They are simply mineral oil with red dye. You can go to any drugstore and buy a pint for under 10 bucks.

I STRONGLY suspect Pellgun oil is the same thing....At 7 bucks a 1/4 ounce lol.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:20 pm 

ITGUY wrote:

Companies are not always the most honest entity on the planet when it comes to promoting their oils.

Those little bottles of red " honing" oil or " knife sharpening" oil for example.....They are simply mineral oil with red dye. You can go to any drugstore and buy a pint for under 10 bucks.

Pell oil and chamber oil are different oils. Clearly you haven't heard of "Uncle Def tool oil" ?

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=51383.0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:51 am 

leadslinger wrote:
ITGUY wrote:

Pell oil and chamber oil are different oils. Clearly you haven't heard of "Uncle Def tool oil" ?

You are confused. If your are going to continue to dog me around this board, please learn reading comprehension 101.

I never said Pellgun oil and Chamber oil are the same thing. Anywhere.

TOOL OIL is something else entirely...there is honing oil for hones, especially machine hones, very thick and viscous...of course the topic was KNIFE SHARPENING, honing stones, etc etc...but noooo...you have to go drag up some unrelated crap as usual to show everyone how smart YOU are right dude? ;)

You seem to be a very insecure person who just cannot feel good about themselves, so you try and drag others down with your constant argumentative attitude.

Have a nice life.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:07 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
ITGUY wrote:

You are confused. If your are going to continue to dog me around this board, please learn reading comprehension 101.

TOOL OIL is something else entirely...there is honing oil for hones, especially machine hones, very thick and viscous...of course the topic was KNIFE SHARPENING, honing stones, etc etc...but noooo...you have to go drag up some unrelated crap as usual to show everyone how smart YOU are right dude? ;)

You seem to be a very insecure person who just cannot feel good about themselves, so you try and drag others down with your constant argumentative attitude.

Have a nice life.

Wow kind of over the top .......

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:13 pm 

The dreaded silicone oil

viewtopic.php?t=18246&highlight=silicone

viewtopic.php?t=18860&highlight=silicone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:35 pm 

All is great! Now I have not a clue what to use anymore. :lol: No wonder I gave up on pellet guns for 40 years. :lol: :lol: :lol: I will worry about it in two weeks when I get my money from selling my rental house and plan on a very nice target match rifle. :wink: till then I will keep on dieseling with my old Marla. :mrgreen: Bowfishing opens Monday. Can't wait! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:27 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
ITGUY wrote:

Have a nice life.

Don't like me, you can be an adult and ignore me. The link was about, simple take a regular oil and label it as a special oil. Sorta like what pelloil is. Had to do with what you said. But you took it to 11. I pissed in my toilet not your corn flakes. Who's the one with the constant argumentative attitude? Me or the person flipping out? I'm just explaining myself right now.

I do got a great life, I bought a house in the country with a 100M range, I'm debt free minus my mortgage. Oh and I'm half your age.

Sounds like you need a hug and a pat on the back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:43 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:46 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:

Can't wait to fish, river just in my back yard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:51 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

Can't wait to fish, river just in my back yard.

Me either. Bowfishing opens Monday. My favorite sport. Why shoot targets when you can hit moving objects. Need fertilizer in my garden. Sounds like you have a very nice property. CHEERS!

Last edited by wheeliehd on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:55 pm 

Well you both had a go now so time to move on lets stay on topic ............. 8)