Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:05 pm 

Hello All,

I'm Dave from British Columbia, a Yankee who married Canadian some 30yrs ago. I've owned Crosman air guns and firearms in the US but surrendered them all when I found love north of 49°.

I'm interested in building up a 2240/2250 after seeing all the new things like HPA, bulk CO2 and CUSTOM PARTS! The interest started after wandering into C-Tire when the Crosman 1077 was on sale for $89! Standing there, I googled for reviews, found mods which let me to this forum and I learned enough in 15min to know modding an AG is risky and decided to leave the 1077 in the case, go home and read this forum more. The 20xx pictures piqued my interest and now I'm here.

This is, however, not my first rodeo when it comes to risky hobbies, forums, gurus and the sound of money rapidly escaping my wallet. I spent four years with the incredibly fine folks at the "Teb Weber tube amp forum" (same board software LOL) where we homebrew high voltage tube guitar amps. Four amps and about $1200 later... I achieved "Chief Solder Sniffer" status on the board and was helping new folks out with the basics.

I'll take the same approach here. Start simple, add mods, see where it takes me. I know I got at least one 2250 carbine in me. And yes, I know I could get a PAL and a fancy PCP rifle for about the same amount of money I'll end up spending but that's kinda not the point, Amen brother.

After reading some posts I felt immediately at home here. I can tell ya'all are a great bunch of folks. I also really need the advice. No high voltage dangers here but, CFC laws, high psi and FOWM (fear of wasting money) are some of the risks I'm hoping to mitigate with your help.

I also seem to be joining the shooting community at a time when BC gun laws are responding to a rash of bad apples in the forests. I do not want to be part of a problem. Planning on taking the CFSC course and PAL tests; that may be necessary to join a gun club. I'll visit Richmond R&G Club and Port Coquitlam H&F Club soon to get a feel of their take on the 'recreational' air gunner. Please let me know if anyone knows someone there to talk with. Having a contact name is super helpful when meeting club folk.

Thanks in advance,

Pushtone

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:11 pm 

Welcome! Sounds like you will fit in real well here! I'm just a few months on here myself, been catching the addiction. Lots of fun!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:56 am 

Welcome aboard. Always nice to so more westerners as trading costs (ie Canada Post) are less than from away. It is a big country.
cheers from Yukon

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:13 am 

Hi, Dave - another Yank in BC here!

Been here for over 40 years now - BC is the best... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:18 pm 

Hello and welcome to the madness Dave!! Do not hesitate to ask questions on this forum as someone will chime in to assist you with their knowledge and experience.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:57 am 

welcome :D

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:43 am 

Greetings!

More Pistols!