Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:46 am 

Looking to upgrade my canadian version for higher fps on my benjamin steel eagle shockey, not sure what is the parts # for this so no idea what to order, let me know if anyone has an idea on what i need.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:49 am 

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... kit-p-1138

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:55 am 

leadslinger wrote:
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/product_info.php/benjamin-trail-np2shockey-steel-eagle-np2-repair-kit-p-1138

Awsome dude thx! for the quick reply, while i have you here, could you direct me to a spring kit for Benjamin Classic .22 too? :)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:57 am 

MxStyleZ wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/product_info.php/benjamin-trail-np2shockey-steel-eagle-np2-repair-kit-p-1138

Awsome dude thx! for the quick reply, while i have you here, could you direct me to a spring kit for Benjamin Classic .22 too? :)

Just the spring? or the whole maintenance kit?

Just email that business and tell them you just need a full power gas strut for the gun you need and a full power spring for XX

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:17 am 

leadslinger wrote:
MxStyleZ wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

Just the spring? or the whole maintenance kit?

Just email that business and tell them you just need a full power gas strut for the gun you need and a full power spring for XX

upgrade to full power spring piston seal everything needed

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:43 pm 

I have played around with my steel eagle and found in full power mode it has a harsh firing cycle and is very pellet picky.My piston had a bleed hole that I welded shut.With the original gas ram and piston with plugged hole I seem to be getting 600-650 fps depending on pellet.It is much smoother than full power and not so pellet picky.You could also use jb weld or similar to plug hole.This mod is free except for the price of jb weld.I also sanded my piston seal down to give around .012" space between seal face and piston face.I tried .010" and got metal to metal contact.hope this helps.good luck

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:20 pm 

Sid66 wrote:
I have played around with my steel eagle and found in full power mode it has a harsh firing cycle and is very pellet picky.My piston had a bleed hole that I welded shut.With the original gas ram and piston with plugged hole I seem to be getting 600-650 fps depending on pellet.It is much smoother than full power and not so pellet picky.You could also use jb weld or similar to plug hole.This mod is free except for the price of jb weld.I also sanded my piston seal down to give around .012" space between seal face and piston face.I tried .010" and got metal to metal contact.hope this helps.good luck

i will look if mine have a hole in it, was your canadian?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:15 pm 

MxStyleZ wrote:
Sid66 wrote:

yes got it from Canadian tire <500 fps.The hole is small,right in center of piston.A long 1/4 hex driver will take it apart if needed.I used a piece of glass with sandpaper taped to it for sanding seal,harder to sand down than you think it would be,tough material.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:49 pm 

Sid66 wrote:
MxStyleZ wrote:
Sid66 wrote:

yes got it from Canadian tire <500 fps.The hole is small,right in center of piston.A long 1/4 hex driver will take it apart if needed.I used a piece of glass with sandpaper taped to it for sanding seal,harder to sand down than you think it would be,tough material.

what kind of speed did you obtain after patching the hole with 14 ish grain pellet?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:46 pm 

Quote:
what kind of speed did you obtain after patching the hole with 14 ish grain pellet?
I am using audio recordings and cross reference with chairgun for time over distance so these numbers are only approx but 650 with 14.6 H&N Field Target Trophy.I get about 75% penetration on 1x4 pine @35 feet .

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:33 am 

Sid66 wrote:
Quote:
I am using audio recordings and cross reference with chairgun for time over distance so these numbers are only approx but 650 with 14.6 H&N Field Target Trophy.I get about 75% penetration on 1x4 pine @35 feet .

ok i took mine apart and yes indeed there is a hole in the piston im not too sure what to use though i might get it welded

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:24 pm 

MxStyleZ wrote:
Sid66 wrote:
Quote:

ok i took mine apart and yes indeed there is a hole in the piston im not too sure what to use though i might get it welded

JB weld.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:12 pm 

I welded mine but if I had to do over I would take piston apart and use jb weld from the inside making sure to force out the other side with a bolt threaded in to "press" the jb weld through.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:38 pm 

I welded mine a friend used a mig did a superb job on it increased fps dramaticly.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:02 am 

Sid66 wrote:
I welded mine but if I had to do over I would take piston apart and use jb weld from the inside making sure to force out the other side with a bolt threaded in to "press" the jb weld through.

I just filled the hole with JB weld after I roughed it up a bit, same with the face, then just used a nail head to make it flat. Its been fine for about a year. Makes my Vantage 177 shoot 750 ish FPS with 8.2 grn or 856 with 7.4s.