Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:50 am 

I only received this yesterday, so no shooting yet.

It is made by or distributed by Air Venturi. Comes in a nice colorful box with manual.

Wood is nice and also thicker than the Red Ryder furniture. Black metal finish is OK.

Front blade, rear notch adjustable for elevation only.

Loads by twisting end of barrel an rotating, which opens up the loading port.

Lever is plastic as is trigger etc.

Just a few pics for now.

89 bucks at Cabela's

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:00 pm 

That is a nice rifle

let us know how it shoots

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:45 pm 

Scotian wrote:
That is a nice rifle

let us know how it shoots

To explain a bit...although I'm sure folks think so, I'm not losing my marbles and regressing to my childhood :) :) I got laid up in December with some health issues and couldn't really walk, nor drive (until last week)....so I only have a few rifles and pistols i can shoot indoors safely, obviously none of my hi powered ones, PCP ones and so on. I got bored with the 5 or 6 that fit the bill and bought a Daisy Avanti 499 BB rifle. Quiet, low power, but still fun. I was so impressed I bought another one.

Then I wondered how the "lesser" BB guns would stand up so i bought the whole range, including the Marlin Cowboy...except for a few of the REALLY small ones like the Red Ryder "Buck" that is just too short with a very short LOP for me to shoot at all.

NOTE: After the 499 (dime group at 9 yards) everything is a disappointment, but that was expected ;)

NOTE: The one to buy is the Model 25 pump. Rear peep or semi-buckhorn (flip up) adjustable for windage, cool 50BB loading tube, pretty accurate.

Sorry, rambling....OK, so only 100 BB's through the LiL Duke so far. Not enough for any serious groups. lets give it another week.

NOTE: ALL the BB rifles (i guess 7 or 8 by now) I have shoot best with the Daisy precision ground Avanti BB's. All of them. I get them through a Canadian Pyramid distributor. Packs of 1050.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 pm 

it's Good that you are back up and on the go...

it seems as you have been keeping busy playing lol

you usually dont see or hear tell of alot of people plinking with the lower end bb rifles
but i can vouch and say its frigging fun

My little guy loves to shoot marshmellow men with his daisy bb gun

i kinda think i have shot it more then him hahahah

thanks for sharing the progress with it so far

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:49 pm 

I think the BB rifles don't get much attention, but they sure are fun. Thanks for the reviews.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:36 am 

Looks cool. I have some expensive rifles and a cheap $49. pellet rifle from KW Surplus sister store. The cheapie is one of my best shooters. Go figure! LOL

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:06 am 

good one. nuttin wrong with owning one of these guns. I bought a daisy red ryder to leave out in the garage for testing out on the targets I make. because it holds a lot of bbs. and if it works on the targets then I bring the good guns out from in the house.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:31 am 

Just picked up a Daisy mod 25 based on the suggestions here. Fun! Not terrible accurate, maybe groups of about 4 inches at 15 feet. But it's mouse fart quiet and for what it is, a good buy.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:16 pm 

fishguy wrote:
Just picked up a Daisy mod 25 based on the suggestions here. Fun! Not terrible accurate, maybe groups of about 4 inches at 15 feet. But it's mouse fart quiet and for what it is, a good buy.

I think I have a picture of a target up somewhere here, but mine will do less than half that at 8 yards. Granted, I'm on a couch using my knee as a rest and that is probably the difference. I also am using those Avanti BB's and they make a difference. Maybe I just got lucky with mine :)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:59 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
fishguy wrote:

I think I have a picture of a target up somewhere here, but mine will do less than half that at 8 yards. Granted, I'm on a couch using my knee as a rest and that is probably the difference. I also am using those Avanti BB's and they make a difference. Maybe I just got lucky with mine :)

Interesting.. I'd be curious to see if there's any difference if I switched to the match grade bb's. I'm using the daisy premium zinc bb's, a step above the bargain ones but maybe not quite enough to shrink my groups that little extra bit.
It looks like those math grade bb's are not all that easy to come by?