Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hello from Osoyoos, B.C.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:25 pm 

Hello, I live in Osoyoos B.C., one of the hottest and most beautiful places in Canada with beautiful springs, long hot summers, colorful falls and short mild winters. Being a tourist town, I've been told the population here quadruples in the summer.

Ever since I was a child I've always loved guns - toy guns, air guns, and real guns. My first air rifle was a worn out Daisy Model 25 pump BB, the next was my dad's loaned Slavia break barrel .177 pellet rifle, the next was a Benjamin Classic .22 with CenterPoint scope which my son now has. The latest is a Hatsan BT65 SB .25 cal PCP with Bushnell Trophy XLT Scope and FX 4 stage pump. Extremely accurate and powerful. I only weigh 120 pounds so the 4 stage pump is a must for me. Would be nice if we had bottle charging facilities around here, as that would be a nice route to go.

What I love about air rifles is they are easier to maintain than firearms, ammo is far cheaper, and they are generally quieter so one doesn't have to join a gun club to use their range - they can shoot in the back yard. With PCP making such inroads in the shooting world, it's my hope they become legal across Canada for hunting bigger game like deer.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:20 pm 

PCP Hunter wrote:
Hello, I live in Osoyoos B.C., one of the hottest and most beautiful places in Canada

Hi and welcome.
Beautiful indeed. Too bad we couldn't see its beauty first hand - last year I spent a week trying to book a spot in that campsite in the middle of the lake. By the time registration opened (3 months in advance) and I pressed the 'book' button, a dozen others had already done the same. And as an avid eBay bidder winner, I thought I had it timed right. After a week I had to give up trying as our window was closing. That would have been a memorable trip and worth the 10 hour drive each way, but will have to wait for another day. Any idea if there's a boat launch near the campsite?

Suppose another benefit of living in Osoyos is being able to shoot in your backyard. Many places don't allow for this, unfortunately so enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:49 pm 

Haynes Point is a beautiful spot, and yes there is a boat launch near the entrance. Just to clarify, we live outside the town limits in a rural setting so we can shoot on our property, but inside the town limits, I don't think so.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:54 pm 

Welcome to the forum PCP Hunter!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:25 pm 

Joolz wrote:
PCP Hunter wrote:
Hello, I live in Osoyoos B.C., one of the hottest and most beautiful places in Canada

Hi and welcome.
Beautiful indeed. Too bad we couldn't see its beauty first hand - last year I spent a week trying to book a spot in that campsite in the middle of the lake. By the time registration opened (3 months in advance) and I pressed the 'book' button, a dozen others had already done the same. And as an avid eBay bidder winner, I thought I had it timed right. After a week I had to give up trying as our window was closing. That would have been a memorable trip and worth the 10 hour drive each way, but will have to wait for another day. Any idea if there's a boat launch near the campsite?

Suppose another benefit of living in Osoyos is being able to shoot in your backyard. Many places don't allow for this, unfortunately so enjoy!

My wife and I drove through there last summer with our 26' (actually 27.3ft) trailer. There were a number of campsites still open, at $140.00 per night. We carried on to Grande Forks & camped at the city camp site on the Kettle River for a week, think it was like $24.00 per night. Was presented with and then caught a nice little rainbow on my late father -n-law's bamboo fly rod. Probably the only fish it ever caught - lol. Nice place - REALLY nice place.