Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:30 pm 

Ace wrote:
Joolz wrote:
Woody wrote:
I was just trying to help, sorry for that.

Hmm, posting a pic of a punch hardly meets that definition. Getting agitated cause no one else seems to agree with that idea makes it even less so.

Woody wrote:
I'm not retired, nor was I being a prick.

Really? Your contribution to this thread would suggest otherwise.

Joolz i think your barking up the wrong tree...show a little respect budz...if im not mistaken woody was like the 8th member to join the forum...he's been here a very long time... :wink:
and there was nothing wrong with his advise on the 630 it doesn't need a spring compressor there isn't much load on the spring on the 630's...

Being 8th member has nothing to do with respect. Could be #1 and still. I too took woody tone as kinda snotty, and do it my way or the highway. Normally when people say well Ive been doing it this way for 20 years. It doesn't mean their way is right. I taken nut off struts w/o a spring compressor. I still have my eyes and fingers. Doesn't mean its right way or only way of doing something. Normally the older people are more in their way. That's my observation of living in the country.

If Joolz wants to use a spring compressor, that his choice.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:26 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

OH man! Enough!
I was just trying to let Joolz, and others that are on the fence about working on their guns, that not having a spring compressor is not the end of the world. When I started out I put off projects for the same reason. I finally got the courage to try it, figured out a way that has worked and have been doing it that way ever since.

Too busy with life to buld a compressor? No worries, there are safe options. That's all I was saying. I never said my way or the highway. I did reply in defence to Chevota when vestlenning challenged him doing it by hand. It is possible, and is done often.

If you guys think I'm a prick for what I said, that's cool. As I told Joolz in a PM, it's unfortunate because I have CZ full power springs, seals and many other OEM parts for the Slavia guns in stock. I was selling them on another site so as not to step on any dealers toes here. Now I will be a prick, and not sell them.

This Prick is done, and out of this thread.

PS> Leadslinger, speaking of respect, how many times did you get banned or kicked off the forum before you learned a bit of respect?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:48 pm 

Woody wrote:
Too busy with life to buld a compressor? No worries, there are safe options. That's all I was saying. I never said my way or the highway. I did reply in defence to Chevota when vestlenning challenged him doing it by hand. It is possible, and is done often.

Challenged Chevota?

Continue "using the force" and let others use tools if they want to, OK?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:03 pm 

I recall vividly when, some 25 years ago, I tried doing maintenance in the forks of my very first motorcycle. Back then there was no youtube or internet forums to refer to for guidance. Diligently went about performing the task when one small mistake turned this into a not-so-pretty picture. And I mean that literally: old, contamined oil all over my face, eyes, hair, mouth, upper body did not make for a pretty picture.

Since that comical albeit unpleasant experience I've decided to take necessary steps to prevent any mishaps while working with pressurized mechanical parts. Including asking many questions ahead of time, reason why we are here. To those that have done that/been there and can do it with one hand tied behind their backs with their eyes closed without a spring compressor, all the power to them. As several have stated some guns may not even require a compressor. And that's something I hope to achieve in time, depending on my comfort level. But as a starting point I think it's prudent to take every precaucion necessary.

Where I appreciate the suggestions listed here, I think Woody went above and beyond what was asked by turning things into a personal attack. Be him the very first member to ever sign up to this forum or the queen of England, I take it for what it is, an unecessary personal attack.
Think my response to his attack to be appropriate. If a moderator finds that either of us are out of line, please feel free to lock or delete this thread. I have gotten the information I sought, thanks to those that took their time to express their opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:27 pm 

Actually Joolz from my reading stand point. Woody had the intentions of giving that incentive push to just do it. You won't know till you try. That's my take upon the situation.

Whitewolf