Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:30 am 

i'm very glad to be a member of Canadian Airgun Forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:12 am 

Welcome.
Don't recall seeing any other members from Bangladesh here. So cool that this forum reaches far and beyond our borders.
Please do let us know more about what it is like owning and shooting airguns in your country. Are there comical/sad/ridiculous stipulations on airguns such as calling and treating a hand held airgun a restricted firearm if it shoots above a certain speed? Or do you guys rely on common sense instead? What are the models available there or must you import them?
And of course, which guns do you own?
That would make for a more compelling intro. Not a requirement of course, just a way to enlighten the rest of us that are curious about how different areas treat airguns. Either way hope you make the best of your time here.
Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:31 pm 

Greetings!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:29 pm 

Welcome we look forward to hearing about airgunning from far far away.
Glad you found us.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:56 pm 

Welcome srkhanjewel! Good to see a new member from South Asia.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:45 am 

Joolz wrote:
Welcome.
Don't recall seeing any other members from Bangladesh here. So cool that this forum reaches far and beyond our borders.
Please do let us know more about what it is like owning and shooting airguns in your country. Are there comical/sad/ridiculous stipulations on airguns such as calling and treating a hand held airgun a restricted firearm if it shoots above a certain speed? Or do you guys rely on common sense instead? What are the models available there or must you import them?
And of course, which guns do you own?
That would make for a more compelling intro. Not a requirement of course, just a way to enlighten the rest of us that are curious about how different areas treat airguns. Either way hope you make the best of your time here.
Cheers

thank you for your valuable greetings and interest about my country airgun.

air-gun use in my county is very small amount. air gun not restricted but hunting is restricted. no speed limit or caliber !
how ever if police found you with carrying a airgun they will; harass you unlimited !
All model available from Germany most. along with few pcp's. Diana is very famous here.
Airgun price is higher than firearms here! coz no license required for airgun. a diana magnum Airgun is $1500 HERE!!!

I OWN A RWS DIANA 350 MAGNUM CLASSIC .22CAL WITH HAWKE AIRMAX SCOPE. AND BKL MOUNT.
and a homemade Discovery pcp (clone, incomplete)

Attachments:
350 MAG1.jpg
350 MAG1.jpg [ 569.59 KiB | Viewed 1147 times ]
350MAG2.jpg
350MAG2.jpg [ 690.91 KiB | Viewed 1147 times ]
IMG_20170613_002111.jpg
IMG_20170613_002111.jpg [ 722.18 KiB | Viewed 1147 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:27 am 

You have good taste in airguns. That Diana looks so good. But ouch, $1500 for one is about 3x what they're listed at. Then again if market is limited and importing regulations may make it tough to get these in, I can see why the price would be so high. Don't want to know how much a PCP would go for. But surprised that most of the airguns there are from Germany and not China. Would imagine that Chinese airguns would be commonplace seeing how distances aren't that great and well, they're a lot cheaper.
Seeing how the market for airguns is limited and costly, I'm curious about availability of pellets. Do you have plenty to choose from? Can you give us an idea of the cost of a tin?

I'm sure if you need help finishing your PCP project that users here will be happy to help. I can already see you and Bob Sterne having at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 pm 

Joolz wrote:
You have good taste in airguns. That Diana looks so good. But ouch, $1500 for one is about 3x what they're listed at. Then again if market is limited and importing regulations may make it tough to get these in, I can see why the price would be so high. Don't want to know how much a PCP would go for. But surprised that most of the airguns there are from Germany and not China. Would imagine that Chinese airguns would be commonplace seeing how distances aren't that great and well, they're a lot cheaper.
Seeing how the market for airguns is limited and costly, I'm curious about availability of pellets. Do you have plenty to choose from? Can you give us an idea of the cost of a tin?

I'm sure if you need help finishing your PCP project that users here will be happy to help. I can already see you and Bob Sterne having at it.

thank you once again for your interest sir.

German 1tin pellet (500pcs) price is near about $50 and with a pcp price you can buy a TOYOTA used CAR ( $3000)!!!

and of-course i need help to complete my clone discovery! here is some pic... cant figure it out for trigger housing and breech loading...!

Attachments:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 86.52 KiB | Viewed 1124 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 84.31 KiB | Viewed 1124 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 67.22 KiB | Viewed 1124 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:50 pm 

Hello:) this forum must have been quite a search for you so hearty welcome.
Hope to hear about your adventures!
Also, thank you for Runa Laila !!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:53 am 

srkhanjewel wrote:
German 1tin pellet (500pcs) price is near about $50 and with a pcp price you can buy a TOYOTA used CAR ( $3000)!!!

Ouch. $50 for a tin of pellets is utterly insane. Would that be US or Canadian dollars? Not that it matters, at that price I'd be better off buying .22 bullets.

Yes, it is interesting finding out how airguns work in different countries. Where I envy the fact that there are no restrictions there (other than being harassed by cops if they catch you with one) the prices you listed make this a very expensive hobby. Makes us in Canada less bitter about some of the restrictions we face.
Are there restrictions in importing pellets? I get all my German pellets from a user/distributor here at the forum, she sells H&N by the sleeve (as in, 10 tins at a time). Her prices are excellent and although shipping may still cost a bit, it may end up being a lot cheaper in the end. That is, assuming these don't get confiscated when they arrive at your customs.

As for your project I suggest you start a new thread in the Mods and Repair section. It will get a lot more exposure and I'm sure you'll get some help from so many of the experts here.
Wonder if you plan to get your son a gun soon? A Crosman 760 would be a great fit for him (looks like he's around 8?)
Anyway, thanks for sharing some details about airguning in Bangladesh. I'm sure it has peaked the interest of many here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:10 am 

Quote:

Would that be US or Canadian dollars? Not that it matters, at that price I'd be better off buying .22 bullets.

Pellet confiscated when they arrive at your customs.

Wonder if you plan to get your son a gun soon? A Crosman 760 would be a great fit for him (looks like he's around 8?)

Per tin USD 50 ($).

pellet will seized by custom. i already lost 2 tin.

A Crosman 760 price will be 1500 USD. so not possible for me.

i will follow this project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaMh8nXSPBc for my son ( hes is 7 now) after finished current project.

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:15 pm 

You my friend, take the cake for the most devotion to airgunning that I have ever heard of. With these prices, for you to continue enjoying this sport shows a love for the sport beyond what many can comprehend. To put this into perspective, the medium salary there is roughly $30/month (minimum wage I suppose). It would take 2 months of hard work for the average employee to buy a tin of pellets! I don't dare do the math on buying a gun!!

As outrageus as these numbers are, what I find most insulting is that the price to buy a pissy little Crosman 760 to be the same as a Diana 350. That is insane. I bought 760 kit for my kid, also 7 years old (box with scope, target, some pellets, etc) locally for around $30 USD. Pyramyd lists the Diana 350 for around $440 USD. Can you see how this is messed up on your end? And it sucks even more that customs will seize the pellets you try to import. Someone there sure is making a killing in the airgun business.

Despite the hardship you face I wish you the best of luck in enjoying this sport, as costly as it may be. Hope you get that PCP project of yours going. If it will spare you $3000 USD, then it's time well invested.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:09 am 

Quote:
To put this into perspective, the medium salary there is roughly $30/month (minimum wage I suppose). It would take 2 months of hard work for the average employee to buy a tin of pellets! I don't dare do the math on buying a gun!!

just for information: in our country minimum average mid Level salary per month USD $200.

but here is less impotency for hobby sports. people don't want to spent $100 for hobby's

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:12 pm 

My apologies for my lack of understanding. It is great to see that the gap isn't as bad as I first thought, thanks for the correction.
Nonetheless if we in Canada had to pay US$1,500 for a Crosman 760 Pumpmaster, I can assure you that they wouldn't be flying off the shelves.