Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:27 pm 

Now we have the new Sigs there are quite a few to choose from:
P226, P250, P320
PX4 (had one but found it a bit sloppy)
Desert Eagle (had one but found it a bit clunky)
CZ P-09 Duty
Gamo P-25, PT-85
I also just discovered the Umarex SA10 and Beretta APX too, any I missed? (APX ,might be BB - in wrong section on Pyramyd?).
By "best" I mean offering some decent accuracy, the DE was previously well thought of but any of these new ones challenge it? I guess most of them have fixed sights, which will limit them a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:38 pm 

Gamo PT-85 Tactical - has a 12 INCH barrel which gives you increased fps and greater accuracy along with a terrific blow-back action.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Gamo_PT_8 ... /2209/4438

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:28 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
Gamo PT-85 Tactical - has a 12 INCH barrel which gives you increased fps and greater accuracy along with a terrific blow-back action.

Unfortunately, the 'increased fps' is 560. Unless there was a Canadian specific one produced - and a cursory look doesn't reveal one. Too bad - I'd likely go for one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:32 pm 

lleader wrote:
wllm995 wrote:

Unfortunately, the 'increased fps' is 560. Unless there was a Canadian specific one produced - and a cursory look doesn't reveal one. Too bad - I'd likely go for one.

Well - it is available from Canadian Sellers - so someone in the RCMP must think that it is OK...

8)

Last edited by wllm995 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:32 pm 

DDtank - I think you should get the Sig P320 - just so you can report here how well the belt feed mag works. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:35 am 

The pistol man (our late friend!) has ordered one so will hopefully tell us soon.
Looking at the SA10 last night on youtube - could be a good...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:34 pm 

DDtank wrote:
Now we have the new Sigs there are quite a few to choose from:
P226, P250, P320
PX4 (had one but found it a bit sloppy)
Desert Eagle (had one but found it a bit clunky)
CZ P-09 Duty
Gamo P-25, PT-85
I also just discovered the Umarex SA10 and Beretta APX too, any I missed? (APX ,might be BB - in wrong section on Pyramyd?).
By "best" I mean offering some decent accuracy, the DE was previously well thought of but any of these new ones challenge it? I guess most of them have fixed sights, which will limit them a bit.

The CZ line, anything .45 but specifically the tactical models with skeltonized trigger, hammer, adjustable sights, a beaver tail, etc, and anything HK all seem to fit my hand very well. Accuracy with them is good for BB and probably due to how well they fit me.

For pellet I really like my Berertta's although I find them a bit chunky, just like the real ones.

I've read reviews on the P320 but not sure I can handle the trigger pull that indexes the belt mag. Probably buy one anyway just to have one.

To be honest, other than my Zoraki HP-01, at pistol distances I almost prefer the BB guns. Not really a fan of the half-slide, and trigger pull on the pellet pistols.

Revolvers are different of course, love my SAA pellet's and would dearly like another Schofield in pellet when \ if they come out. Unsure of the dual ammo Remington as I dont have one yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:46 pm 

Magnum Research 'Desert Eagle' Like it or Not, that's the answer to Your question. LoL!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:27 pm 

ejackyou wrote:
Magnum Research 'Desert Eagle'

Nope!
It's not a blowback, it's a gas-operated. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:46 pm 

ShurikMur wrote:
ejackyou wrote:
Magnum Research 'Desert Eagle'

Nope!
It's not a blowback, it's a gas-operated. :)

Yes it is and yes it is. I don't get your point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:01 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
lleader wrote:
wllm995 wrote:

Well - it is available from Canadian Sellers - so someone in the RCMP must think that it is OK...

8)

Where, pray tell?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:14 am 

Mr. Marvin; of course!

:)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:39 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
...yes it is. I don't get your point.

There are different types of operation of self-loading guns. The DE produced by Magnum Research (not the one from Umarex or Marui) is not a blowback. It is gas-operated. That's it. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:21 pm 

Yes, the actual powder-burning Desert Eagle is gas operated. The question here is a about blowback action air pistols. The airgun replica of the Desert Eagle is blowback. Most (all?) of the current generation of blowback action air pistols that are replicas of powder-burners are replicas of pistols that use recoil operation not straight blowback for that matter.

Can't help with the accuracy thing as all I care about with a blowback replica is that it closely mimic the pistol it's modeled on in operation and feel. As long as they can get a tight enough group that they don't miss the pellet trap I'm happy. When I want accuracy (which is most of my shooting) I get out the Weihrauch or the FWB602. Both of those are a lot more accurate than I am!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:55 pm 

Speaking of air pistols they are not recoil-operated either. They have dedicated cylinder-piston assembly in the rear part of a slide and the internal action of it is never seen in firearms. The pressured gas is flowing into the barrel and then into the cylinder, OR in barrel and the cylinder simultaneously. There is no recoil involved: gas applies force between a piston and a bottom of cylinder, accelerating pistol's frame and slide in opposite directions. The "blowback" action of air pistol does not kicks it back, it just violently shakes the gun in a hand. Not to mention this adds nothing to pistol's accuracy or power :roll:

BTW, crosman 2240 is not a blowback, but have some recoil! It is very light yet absolutely real, produced by accelerating heavy pellet. "Mom, let we call him a blowbek pellet pistol?" :D