Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: It's here!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:51 pm 

Thanks

I thought about PM,ing Bob,
but, he sounds like he is busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs etc,
and I hate to bother him with my dumb questions, I am hoping I can find some answers on the different forums.

I have been reading all I can find on Co2/HPA use for AR's, on several sites,
attempting to find a post, where there is a comparison using Co2 and HPA out of the same rifle,
but have found none so far etc.

My main object is too set my QB 22 cal AR,
so I can use use Co2 in the summer time for bird pesting and HPA for winter hunting use for Cottontail rabbits,
with the best ballistic possible for both fuel types, providing I can find a couple of good accurate pellets.

I just don't know if it can be done with the best results, and not start over when changing fuel types.
I would think that if the tuning/mods of the AR and FPS was then same, regardless of the fuel type,
the ballistics should remain the same. or very close.

What I don't want to happen, is set the AR up for which ever fuel type and find I am stuck there etc.

Tia,
Don

QB-79, 22 cal
Airforce Condor 22 cal - pending

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:02 pm 

That's a good plan, especially with all those 90g cartridges you have! I guess if I was you, I'd probably tune the gun with co2 to an acceptable velocity with whatever pellet you plan to use for birds, then when you switch to hpa, you could use a heavier pellet, say the 18.9 grain jsb, for the rabbits, and it'd keep your velocity about the same.
Just an idea, not sure how it'd work.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:20 pm 

That is great info, you are running HPA, right.

I have been shooting this same cyl full (88grm) of Co2 and now have close to 200 rds thru my QB,
and it is still going strong, it may be the end of summer before I use up this first cyl full. LOL,

I have 55+ cylinders of Co2 sitting here, for summer time use and will have to get some more pellets,
I am having a blast just plinking for now. :D

As soon as this cyl is used up, I have NO way to shut off the fuel, or remove the cyl etc,
shut off valve coming along with other items.

I plan on doing the mods that are in Bob post, to bring my QB up to a higher ballistic rate,
I have new seals etc coming, so I can replace them after the mods/tuning etc,
then I can get down to real testing/shooting.

At this time, I have NO way of seeing what the PSI, as there are no gages on this stock QB,
to know what the psi are, all I can tell you, it was over 90* today.

I have a line on 2 -6oz tanks, another AR shooter wants to sell,
I am waiting to see if they are HPA or Co2 tanks and what the thread spec's are,
along with the dimensions etc.

Tia,
Don

QB-79, 22 cal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:29 pm 

Wow, I never heard of 6 oz tanks, but if it is measured in oz then it's co2. Yep, I have hpa in the 90g tank/cartridges. That's a great shot count you are getting! Co2 is great for that, that is for sure. Bob had a chart on one of his posts showing the pressure of co2 at various temperatures. Not sure where I saw it, probably google would show it anyway. That's great you are enjoying the gun! I am still looking for a good place to shoot mine and to help a farmer get rid of some gophers.
Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:08 pm 

Question for you,
are both tanks being used at the same time, ie one big tank,
or are you switching back to the full one after you use one up?

Tia,
Don

QB-79, 22 cal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 pm 

I'm using both tanks at the same time. With those screw in Asa adapters I am not able to totally shut off the air, it slowly keeps seeping in even when the pin isn't pushed down on the 90g tank with adapter, so they're always on.