Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:05 am 

My first order is still in transit, my second order has an issue as they got the .177 model in, but no checkering on the grips. I told them it was fine and they offered to toss in a couple of tubs of pellets. I dont really care but said sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:12 am 

Nice! That order has been in transit awhile. Stuck in customs?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:29 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Nice! That order has been in transit awhile. Stuck in customs?

They shipped around end of June or early July, so could be.

In the past though, customs has been fairly prompt in getting in touch. It could be the "no invoice" on outside of box although I did mention it...they emailed me back saying they would put copy inside box but I told them that isn't good enough.

We'll just have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:34 pm 

OK, hopefully it'll arrive soon then. I've never had customs contact me before, that's great they will do that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:10 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
My first order is still in transit, my second order has an issue as they got the .177 model in, but no checkering on the grips. I told them it was fine and they offered to toss in a couple of tubs of pellets. I dont really care but said sure.
It looks like current production CP1 pistols are being shipped with smooth grips and the CP1M has the checkered. At least that's how they're shown on the SPA site. I do like how the checkered grip looks, but being smooth might make modifying them easier.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:35 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
OK, hopefully it'll arrive soon then. I've never had customs contact me before, that's great they will do that.

In that particular case the items were relatively high dollar and it WAS confusing as they were purchased abroad, brought in to Canada, then sent to the U.S. for work, then further shipped to another facility in the U.S., then from there, shipped back to me.

Not something I would go through again without using our customs broker instead of being lazy and letting FedEx handle things.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:49 pm 

I looked on the silesia site and they now have some cp-1m 177 with smooth grip for 40pln less than the checkered price, as well as smooth grip single shot for quite a bit cheaper. Looking again, now the checkered 177 cp1 m are also on sale for 359 polish money. Must have got more in.
Did you guys see the new co2 pistol/carbine spa is coming out with? Looks great! It's the CP2.
Here is a UK vendor: www.solware.co.uk/victory-cp2-camo-co2-air-pistol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:52 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:

In that particular case the items were relatively high dollar and it WAS confusing as they were purchased abroad, brought in to Canada, then sent to the U.S. for work, then further shipped to another facility in the U.S., then from there, shipped back to me.

Not something I would go through again without using our customs broker instead of being lazy and letting FedEx handle things.

Ok! Well I hope this goes well for you with no trouble. Did they happen to give you a tracking number? I saw mine stuck in customs for quite awhile but after contacting customs by email with my receipt and specs of the gun they released it the next morning.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm 

I don't know if you can see on this photo but the 0.22 specs say 400fps with the pistol barrel and 500fps with the carbine barrel, so this should be legal in Canada. I'm liking the looks of this gun! Lol, sorry for getting off topic. Maybe these grips and stocks will be made available for the cp1 if the rest of the gun is the same. Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:05 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
ITGUY wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:

Ok! Well I hope this goes well for you with no trouble. Did they happen to give you a tracking number? I saw mine stuck in customs for quite awhile but after contacting customs by email with my receipt and specs of the gun they released it the next morning.

Thanks. I'm not going to lose sleep over it to be honest.

Oh, to the other poster up there....I got the email yesterday, they said no .177 with checkering...well, to be honest they said "rifling" which threw me for a loop, but I figured it out LoL.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:20 pm 

Lol! Yeah I had a suspicion they also didn't catch half my enquiries either, they never responded to most questions I had, but I am thinking maybe I wasn't making myself understood. [WHITE SMILING FACE]️

Mrodair emailed me back and said they are getting the CP2 grips and stock in and should be able to ship them to Canada no problem. They said they'll be out on the website in a couple weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:23 pm 

I really like the way the pistol looks the way it is but with my messed up elbow I find it easier to have a carbine stock for freehand shooting. I can only extend my right elbow about half way (30 degrees from straight, give or take a bit)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 pm 

Well, I'm pretty happy with my shot count on this gun. Was practicing 5m free hand shooting for fun and got over 50 shots without any drop on target. I figure that is great, getting around 450 to 460 fps.
Been fiddling around trying to convert it to bulk fill co2. Used a drill and a Dremel to make a slot for an oring, but chewed the oring up trying to get the valve in through the back end. Will have to get some more orings to have another try. Did some more S
Polishing up the insides so hopefully next time I won't have the same results. Put the co2 piercer back in and a co2 cartridge and all is good again for now, only with the foster fitting coming out the side of the end cap I've got to take the barrel off to change a cartridge, so not too handy!
I found a bunch of Polish and Russian sites where they are converting these guns to hpa using the stock tube. Seems crazy to me, but they water pressure tested them to 225 bar with no problems. Anyway I am not going to risk that, but figured if it can handle those pressures, should be able to handle 800psi on co2. Should just have left the poor thing alone, but I just like fiddling and tinkering so that's the way it goes [emoji4]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 pm 

Here is one of my 5m sheets shooting 3 shots a target, with crosman hollow points, free hand. Lots of room for improvement, haven't ever been much good at free hand pistol shooting but this gun is really fun! Looking forward to seeing how much I can improve! [emoji2] Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:01 pm 

Exciting! Finally got my CP1 setup for bulk fill! I think I might put a quick change 12g cartridge /88g adapter along the side of the tube, then I can bulk fill both the cartridge and the tube, and hopefully be able to use just a cartridge whenever I want as well, though I am not sure how many shots I'd get, having that one cartridge fill the whole tube, not just the valve.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next