Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:53 pm 

I ordered this pistol from http://airgun.silesia-shop.pl/en/shop/p ... 7-cal.html
The price was cheaper than you'll find on the website, as we don't have to pay the European Union tax. I got mine for 395pln shipping included, which works out to around $143 with this last week's exchange rate anyway. I paid $25 tax and fees from customs because there wasn't a receipt separating the shipping cost from the overall cost.
I really like the looks of the gun, nice checkering, and it's starting to grow on me as far as gripping it. The trigger is in desperate need of adjustment as it has a long steady pull and no 2nd stage so you never really know when it is going to shoot [emoji4].
I'm not exactly sure how fast it shoots as my chronograph is the kind you need to stick right up to and the co2 messes up the reading most of the time. Which is another thing, it seems to be wasting co2 as there is a pretty good blast coming out the barrel!
The readings I got were between 420 and 495 fps, so I'm not sure if it really has such a variation or I'm getting false readings even with the ones that do register.
To start with I thought I really had a lemon, as I was having a horrible time loading pellets with the 7 shot magazine. Kept jamming up. I put the single shot tray in and it was worse, it wasn't going in far enough and the bolt and pellet wouldn't go in at all. Ground that stop on the tray down and with everything lining up, it still was really tough loading.

Anyway without dragging it out further I found after some taking apart etc that the oring in the barrel was the main culprit. After shooting quite a few shots it has improved a lot. I discovered, at least on mine it doesn't like any kind of flatter nosed pellets but seems to now load the 15.89 jsb quite good, even with the magazine. Here is a 7 shot group with those pellets which seemed pretty good to me, considering my red dot sight has such a big crosshairs that it covers the whole target lol. ImageImage

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:03 am 

Nice. BTW what was you distance for accuracy?

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:17 am 

Ah yes, I was only 20 feet or so away so not that far. Haven't had a chance to get outside with it yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:56 am 

Thanks for review so far, we would all like to see more comments over next month or so to determine operational stability of this one.
I assume the .177 model with lighter pellets would be as accurate. Let's all hope that a Canadian Dealer will take orders for it.
I won't take my chances on a direct purchase from source. For my indoor shooting , I would install my reliable small laser.

Is a two hand hold comfortable?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:04 pm 

Good idea about the laser! I might have to look into one of those. I find it most comfortable two handed actually and shot it that way resting my hands with the gun free in my hands.
I'll post more info as I get a chance to take it apart and work on the trigger etc. I'll also try and figure out a way to chrony it accurately.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:01 pm 

Tonight I took the trigger apart and seen that if I turned the little grub screw in so it pushed against the pin it would shorten the trigger up as much as a guy wants. Now I don't have that long unpredictable trigger pull. Still a 1 stage trigger at the moment but much better! At least now I know when it's going to go off.
So for those interested, this model from Silesia in Poland has the adjustable trigger, with the grub screw included. Others have posted on the web how a person can drill and tap another hole in the trigger beside the supplied hole and add a second grub screw to get a nice two stage trigger. The trigger spring can also be changed for a lighter one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:06 am 

When I was altering my handle the action fell out and landed on the trigger. It broke and I was like what do I do now? On a whim I sent an email to Snow Peak and they helped me out for very little money. Nice pistol *and* good service, what's not to like!

http://www.china-airrifle.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:24 am 

I too have found them quick to respond. I think this a company that is serious about customer service. (this is Snowpeak in China, not the vendor in Poland) they responded to my questions quickly in good English and happy to help out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:35 am 

Thanks for the write up. I ordered two pistols from them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:18 am 

Interesting grip. I guess I would have to try it before coming to conclusions.

To the OP. How does the CP-1m compare to the 2240? That's if you had any time with the 2240.

Hmm I just noticed they have the QB57 but at ~269CDN plus shipping and import taxes would it be worth it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:41 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:

To the OP. How does the CP-1m compare to the 2240? That's if you had any time with the 2240.

Hmm I just noticed they have the QB57 but at ~269CDN plus shipping and import taxes would it be worth it?

Thats 269 Zloty which is around 100 bucks CAD the way I read it.

The real problem is they rate it at 230mps which is 750fps....which makes it a firearm. I know there are some members here that have imported firearms privately before, but I'm not sure I'd want the headache....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:59 am 

ITGUY wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:

The real problem is they rate it at 230mps which is 750fps....which makes it a firearm. I know there are some members here that have imported firearms privately before, but I'm not sure I'd want the headache....

$100 CDN? That's worth inquiring if they will offer/produce/special order a sub 500 5.7 fpe version with documentation for us Canadian folks trying to import.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:28 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
ITGUY wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:

$100 CDN? That's worth inquiring if they will offer/produce/special order a sub 500 5.7 fpe version with documentation for us Canadian folks trying to import.

I think they are just a storefront. To convince a Chinese factory would be...difficult.

I have 2 57's and a parts gun and i can assure you they are nowhere close to that velocity. They penetrate my duct seal to the same depth as all my other sub 500fps guns (same pellet and distance) but I believe the markings on the box are what counts, or manufacturers claims.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:04 pm 

I've seen the QB57 rated as 600 fps in .177 here in the US- I'm wondering if the 750 fps is actually on the box or in their ads?

I've gone into my CP1 and found it to be an easy pistol to work on. Like wesb2007 said above, I set the trigger adjustment screw to bear against the retainer pin instead of the sear, although some folks have gotten good results doing it the other way. I replaced the spring with a lighter one and after polishing everything, it's at 15 ounces and the break is clean- although it is single stage. I also found the TP was misaligned so I corrected that. A little more info on the trigger and correcting the TP misalignment is HERE. Some info on 2-stage trigger mods and reshaping the stock is HERE.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:35 pm 

cobalt327 wrote:
I've seen the QB57 rated as 600 fps in .177 here in the US- I'm wondering if the 750 fps is actually on the box or in their ads?

I've gone into my CP1 and found it to be an easy pistol to work on. Like wesb2007 said above, I set the trigger adjustment screw to bear against the retainer pin instead of the sear, although some folks have gotten good results doing it the other way. I replaced the spring with a lighter one and after polishing everything, it's at 15 ounces and the break is clean- although it is single stage. I also found the TP was misaligned so I corrected that. A little more info on the trigger and correcting the TP misalignment is HERE. Some info on 2-stage trigger mods and reshaping the stock is HERE.

Hi Mark
In Canada we have some restrictive gun laws...in general, if it is over 500fps in pellet, it is considered a real firearm and we use something called a PAL to buy them. It is a government issued license more or less. Now there is also an energy (ft lb or joules) involved as well, but just about any pellet rifle over 500fps falls in to the firearm category.

Bringing them in to Canada can be problematic. We also prohibit "silencers" and even if a gun has a muzzle brake, etc, if it "looks" like a silencer.........it aint getting in probably.

Also, it would be good to avoid any discussion at all about silencers on this board, just a heads up.

Air pistols over 500 fps that also meet the energy requirement fall in to the same category as a real pistol and are restricted. This is a higher level category and an RPAL is needed to buy those...they have transport rules, and you can only use them at a range, etc etc.