Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hello from Quinte West
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:18 am 

Hi, I am a new member here and have been into air guns for many years, probably about 30+ years now. I have about 15 or so air guns currently and like most people can never seem to have enough. :) I'll list some of my collection below but just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking forward to chatting with members and getting some great information on the sport. I'm in the Belleville/Trenton area of Ontario otherwise known as Quinte West. I have a preference for 22 cal pellet rifles but I do have some 177 rifles and a few BB rifles as well. When I was younger I had a good friend who lived on the Tyendinaga Mohawk reserve and we used to spend a great deal of time out there shooting all our air guns. Those were the days. :)

The for sale section certainly caught my eye, deff a few items I'd like to add to the collection. :)

I currently have the following in my collection:
Drozd BlackBird MP661K - extended barrel, 6/9/1200 mod
Crossman RM 422
Beeman 1040
Benjamin Sheridan Trail NP 22
Crossman 1077
QB-78
Griffon JH-809
QB-58
Crossman 2240 - Converted to Rifle
Beretta CX-4 Storm
H&K MP5
Umarex Steel Storm
Few pistols like Pro 77, Crossman 357 (with 4 and 8 inch barrels, 20 years old works like a charm), Walther PPK/S, Crosman 1008, couple others. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:55 am 

Welcome to the CAF!

:)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:57 pm 

Welcome to the forum netrecon! You have built up quite a collection there. I can see it growing above 20 in the future. Happy Plinking!!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:57 pm 

Thanks megiddo65, Yes, there are a few other items I'd like to add to the collection, I happened across the forum here and the wealth of information being shared is excellent.
And the for sale section is great, nice to see the airgun community is very active and alive in this day and age.
If my collection grows much more I'm going to run out of locker space to secure them :) But with such an assortment in the collection now its hard to consider parting with something to get something else but I might have to make that sacrifice someday. :)

Collectors Quote:
O bliss of the collector, bliss of the man of leisure! Of no one has less been expected and no one has had a greater sense of well-being than... a collector. Ownership is the most intimate relationship one can have to objects. Not that they come alive in him; it is he who comes alive in them.”
― Walter Benjamin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:24 pm 

So true is the Walter Benjamin quote! The hobby has given me a time where I can relax and think of nothing but the target. I've narrowed my guns to a few for plinking(multi pump pneumatics and CO2 pistols) and a few for target shooting(Springers). The urge is always there to pick up something new; especially when I see it reviewed on this very forum. The Umarex MP40 looks quite enticing as I'd like to open up full auto on a pop can.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:46 am 

Greetings!
Good collection, but sadly lacking in Pistols?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:42 pm 

I spent a lot of time on the Mohawk reserve too. Used to motocross on the track beside the speedway.
Welcome to the forum