Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:29 pm 

Considering an HW45 in .22. Wondering if the newer versions have the two power levels like the Beeman P1? If I don't have to spend an extra $150 for the P1 then obviously I'd rather not.. seems only differences are the tru glow sights vs iron and possibly the two power levels.
Any info appreciated, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:45 pm 

Yes, two power levels.
I believe your observation is true, the sights being the only difference - and cost

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:23 pm 

Isn't the 2 power level thing only for the .177 caliber?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:01 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
Isn't the 2 power level thing only for the .177 caliber?

That's what I was wondering. The P1 in .22 advertises the 2 power levels, but reviews I've seen on the hw45 in .22 don't talk about the two levels, and it's not advertised.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:08 pm 

I have the .22 since a couple of years. It has the 2 power levels (unfortunately) and fibre optic sights (unfortunately).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:12 pm 

DDtank wrote:
I have the .22 since a couple of years. It has the 2 power levels (unfortunately) and fibre optic sights (unfortunately).

I'm not thrilled with the fiber optic sights, but I was thinking the two levels was a plus, whether or not it's used much? Can I ask why you're not a fan?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:07 am 

There is definitely two power levels on the current 22s. I now have a few... :roll:
Thing is, you need to sight for either high power or low power. There is a difference in the poi as the gun doesn't recoil as much when using the low power setting. On low power, I have noticed the recoil is very tame and thus a smaller grouping. It's just a habit tho to cock it all the way. And once all the way, there is no going back. You could go from half to full.
I have read that shooting continually on low power will drop the velocity and it will need a dry fire or two to reseat the piston seal.
As for the glow sights, they really don't bother me, it's not necessarily a target pistol.
And aside from cost, I do like the Weihrauch name more than the Beeman name too... to each their own.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:57 am 

Thank you.