Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:32 am 

...Metal-mag Predators.

Batteries are down on the camera- just about time for a new set of re-chargeables.

These pellets are a dead ringer for the Polymag Predator with the exception of the metal expanding tip.
Paid through the nose for them, even on sale at Princess Auto~ $17.99 for a 100 count tin. Curiosity got the better of me though. If they shoot as well as the Polymags, I'll probably be ordering them in on-line in the JSB version- much cheaper that way....

Hope to get out Friday to run a few through the pcp'd A/R 20-78...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:23 am 

Kinda like Daisy and Crossman Wadcutters. Both pellets look the very same. Very same POI. Very same weight. Some say Daisy looks a little dirtier but who cares about that. Why spend double the money just for practise at 30 feet. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:17 am 

JSB pellets are made in the Czech Republic. The JSB-branded Predator Polymag pellets are not made by JSB; rather they are made in cooperation with an American partner who has the patent rights on the design. The JSB-branded Polymag pellets have a polymer tip. The Crosman pellets may be the same, but they don't indicate on the packaging that the tip is polymer. In any case, the American partner seems to be Predator Pellets, which offers an all-metal pellet like the Crosman. Perhaps Predator Pellets are made in Hungary.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:41 pm 

Penage Guy wrote:
JSB pellets are made in the Czech Republic. The JSB-branded Predator Polymag pellets are not made by JSB; rather they are made in cooperation with an American partner who has the patent rights on the design. The JSB-branded Polymag pellets have a polymer tip. The Crosman pellets may be the same, but they don't indicate on the packaging that the tip is polymer. In any case, the American partner seems to be Predator Pellets, which offers an all-metal pellet like the Crosman. Perhaps Predator Pellets are made in Hungary.

Here are some ''cousins'', the Predator .177 Metalmag pellets. On the back of the package, they say ''Made in Czech Republic'' and ''Assembled in Hungary''. I find they look a lot like the new Crosman pellets, there may be a connection somewhere...

Attachments:
IMG_5142.JPG
IMG_5142.JPG [ 216.1 KiB | Viewed 821 times ]
IMG_5143.JPG
IMG_5143.JPG [ 164.54 KiB | Viewed 821 times ]
IMG_5144.JPG
IMG_5144.JPG [ 207.22 KiB | Viewed 821 times ]