Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:50 am 

Well, figured since it's my fortieth birthday today, should do something fun, so got up early and walked out of town to the garbage/tree dump and did some target shooting.
Brought my Qb78 pcp and my Cp-1m, both 22 Caliber.
Good news is my qb78 shoots exactly where I aim it at 35 yards, bad news is the same! I aim rather poorly, need some more practice! [emoji1] [emoji4]
Here is a few pictures. The best group after I sighted it in is the QB at 33 yards (was as far as I could get back [emoji4])
I really did make the spread myself, as I said every pellet went where I happened to be aiming when I pulled the trigger! Need to do some more trigger work, that's my excuse!
The others are my cp-1m at 33 yards resting and 20 yards free hand. The 33 is resting my hand on a log, but seems I was running out of co2 by then because it kept dropping as I shot. That's my other excuse anyway! ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:35 am 

That's actually pretty good shooting for a .22 rifle at 33 paces. Nice pellets to be using as well :mrgreen:
The 78 series triggers are workable to a good extent- polishing and spring selection...
Friday can't get here soon enough.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:39 pm 

Thanks Ross, it was a great morning to be out! Those pellets seemed to work best on both guns at short range and I was happy how they did in the QB today, I knew exactly where they were going to end up when the gun went off. [emoji4]
I had adjusted the trigger earlier but it still has too much play and needs a lighter spring.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:39 pm 

Hope you get some great weather Friday!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:27 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:23 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

Thanks! Was an all around great day. Lots of hard work in between moving the last of our things to our new residence, but topped off the day with some great steak and shrimp at Montana's [emoji4]. Kids eat free night helped out a bit!