Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Sig Sauer P320
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:37 pm 

Ok, the thing came in this afternoon, along with other stuff including pellet's, BB's and CO2 and a Swiss Arm 1911 TRS... Of course I haven't shoot with it, this weekend maybe...

The P320 is made of very good quality plastic for the body and mag, slide is metal, very nice quality/finish does not feel cheap at all, great looking gun. Picatiny rail under the front.

Grip size is about the same as 9XP and M'n'P 40 (with medium back strap). Comfortable to my mid size hand.

Wheight is normale, a little bit nose heavy but should be ok once loaded with a CO2 cart and a filed up mag and some use to it. CO2 door is well maintened in place and does not move once closed.

Slide is esthetical and as the same purpose as the 9XP does, no need to rack it, it does not cock or do anything... except make the gun look cool. No slide catch or lock open. Ejection port is not cut out.

Trigger is DA only, and fairly soft pull effort, compared to a 9XP it is lighter, easy to predict you can feel the pellet belt being index on the first part, a small nothing appenning, then release, smoother then the 9XP..

Stick mag is easy to insert, feel's ok, not cheap or overly top quality. Loading should be easy, will see when I shoot it. Belt is easy to turn when placing finger's at the right place...

I give it a 4.5/5. Why not a 5/5, because it is missing SA (or semi-auto if you prefer) and slide catch.

Got question, fire away, I will answer if I have it...

SilentMan... 8)

6mm
Not enough and to many.

Post subject: Re: Sig Sauer P320
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:02 am 

Yes, I'd be interested in your impression of the trigger pull once that belt mag is fully loaded with pellets.

Thanks for the write.up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:36 am 

silentman wrote:
Ok, the thing came in this afternoon, along with other stuff including pellet's, BB's and CO2 and a Swiss Arm 1911 TRS... Of course I haven't shoot with it, this weekend maybe...

The P320 is made of very good quality plastic for the body and mag, slide is metal, very nice quality/finish does not feel cheap at all, great looking gun. Picatiny rail under the front.

Grip size is about the same as 9XP and M'n'P 40 (with medium back strap). Comfortable to my mid size hand.

Wheight is normale, a little bit nose heavy but should be ok once loaded with a CO2 cart and a filed up mag and some use to it. CO2 door is well maintened in place and does not move once closed.

Slide is esthetical and as the same purpose as the 9XP does, no need to rack it, it does not cock or do anything... except make the gun look cool. No slide catch or lock open. Ejection port is not cut out.

Trigger is DA only, and fairly soft pull effort, compared to a 9XP it is lighter, easy to predict you can feel the pellet belt being index on the first part, a small nothing appenning, then release, smoother then the 9XP..

Stick mag is easy to insert, feel's ok, not cheap or overly top quality. Loading should be easy, will see when I shoot it. Belt is easy to turn when placing finger's at the right place...

I give it a 4.5/5. Why not a 5/5, because it is missing SA (or semi-auto if you prefer) and slide catch.

Got question, fire away, I will answer if I have it...

SilentMan... 8)

Nice review. FYI SA means single action, not semi auto. The Sig 320 is a striker fired system so its neither DA or SA. DA means double action. The 250 before the 320 was a Double action only hammer fired only gun. Or DAO.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:12 pm 

Shooting the gun as been done...

A- chrony: 6 shot, 323, 328.4, 322.8, 317.3, 312.4, 304.9. Average 318.1fps. Had to shoot 9 pellet's to get 6 good reading.

B- sensation: Blowback is crisp and precise, not flimse compared to the 9XP and not as hard like the 1911. I consider it as very good.

C- Trigger: even with the belt loaded with pellet, it is easy to index. no extra effort. On some occasion if you don't let the trigger come back completely, pulling the trigger you can feel the belt being indexed and when the shot should release, nothing, cause the trigger did not came back completely. result to shoot again you have to release the trigger completely and start again, by doing so, you have skip one pellet.

D- Loading the belt is easy no problem there, just be carefull the belt is not super strong, better keep it flat in the mag. Insert the mag gently, it's made of plastic. Also when pressing the eject button it fly's of, be prepared to catch it.

E- Precision, well in my hand it's not that good, I guess my 56 year's old eyes and hand are not that good. The first 10 shot's were for the chrony, the next 10 are the yellow on the target (left and low), the last 6 are the red one's (left and low to), end of the fist mag. Reload and 30 shot (blue target and upside down to), first 15 shot, I compensated to much (left and high), the last 15 shot's are starting to get better. Ran out of paper target.

F- loading CO2 is easy and the door rest closed and will not come open by itself.

G- Penetration is about the same as my 1911 (any of them)

H- You will get 1 1/2 mag of good shot the rest of the second mag you will feel it go down. I was not able to finish the 3rd on one CO2 cart. Even had a pellet stuck half way out of the mag, Had to use a rod to push it back in the mag to remove it from the gun.

I- Also had to test my old 357, forgot it home :evil: and my CO2 valve on the mag for the G17 blewup :evil:

My note 4/5, did I love shooting it, yes. I will have to master this baby now.

SilentMan...

Attachments:
File comment: Shot's 10 to 20, firts mag (CO2 cart)
Carton_1.jpg
Carton_1.jpg [ 525.99 KiB | Viewed 2473 times ]
File comment: Shot's 20 to 26, firts mag (CO2 cart)
Carton_2.jpg
Carton_2.jpg [ 527.14 KiB | Viewed 2473 times ]
File comment: Second load (and second CO2 cart) 30 shot's
Carton_3.jpg
Carton_3.jpg [ 546.56 KiB | Viewed 2473 times ]

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:07 pm 

Forgot to say, I did use Excite Hammer 7.87gr domed pellet's...

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:49 pm 

Thanks for the information!
I ordered my P320 from Pyramidair like you told me. Supposed to arrive tomorrow, but UPS tracking tell me 'Hold in warehouse' in Mtl for now... :-(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:05 pm 

The Sig 320 is not a pricey gun; I just don't understand how, after so many lucrative sales years, how they can still produce guns that don't give people what they want. Reviews on this pistol are mixed at best, and how could they produce a replica without a cutout port (or proper slide performance, for that matter).

I lust after the real steel handgun (a pricey gun), but I would pass on this mediocre replica even if I were still in the buy-everything-that-shoots mode. JMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:23 pm 

Maybe the vast majority of people who have bought and owned these guns, Do like what they get!
Us more hard core members of clubs, forums etc., probably represent 1% of the overall purchasers
of these guns, the ones who companies like Sig Sauer, don't price they're products out of the market trying
to please! Not to mention that most of those who spend their valuable time complaining, never handle, let
alone shoot the guns they complain about!
Manufacturers have to bring their product to the market for a specific price point which is not arbitrary,
but well researched by their R&D/marketing departments.
I'm betting that the P320 is a fun and realistic Replica, I haven't received mine yet, but it's on order!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:26 am 

Good comment ejackyou.
Being a serious target shooter, I am only interested in air guns of very good target accuracy for shooting alone at home.
So I tend to dismiss models like this one and many others produced for the masses for fun plinking, blowback realism even though they have their own merits for reliable fun shooting. Over time, I have narrowed down the choices for serious shooting .

If I had chances to plink cans and other targets outdoors, I would go for the fun pistols ,most of which have been produced for that purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm 

Quote:
Good comment ejackyou

Oh, he's just bashing me again, just more subtley than before. I agree with you completely.

This particular gun, and many like it, are neither good shooters (have a look at the targets posted earlier) nor good replicas (as per my comments above).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:42 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
The Sig 320 is not a pricey gun; I just don't understand how, after so many lucrative sales years, how they can still produce guns that don't give people what they want. Reviews on this pistol are mixed at best, and how could they produce a replica without a cutout port (or proper slide performance, for that matter).

I lust after the real steel handgun (a pricey gun), but I would pass on this mediocre replica even if I were still in the buy-everything-that-shoots mode. JMO.

So will You buy the Umarex SA10 then?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:22 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Quote:
Good comment ejackyou

Oh, he's just bashing me again, just more subtley than before. I agree with you completely.

This particular gun, and many like it, are neither good shooters (have a look at the targets posted earlier) nor good replicas (as per my comments above).

Not that i am a big fan of his, but Mike Kaye at Replica Airguns also got very poor accuracy in a recent review of this pistol.

The only selling point i see here is the belt mag. I buy "many" things just because I like them, or want them, but I'm going to pass on this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm 

This is my first pellet and I kind of don't like the rotary mag at each end of most pistol's, so I chose this particular model mainly because of the belt and it's look. I knew it would not be accurate even for a pellet and it prouve to be. It's not a match gun :x , it's a plinker gun... :?

I finaly got to test my old 357 8) and it is by far more accurate and longer range then any thing else I own, that I knew before trying it. 8)

6mm
Not enough and to many.