Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:40 pm 

... Have just made third-party photo hosting a paid feature and have broken all Free Account links to photos on this forum! Without warning! Express your outrage; I have!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:35 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Saw a similar post on CGN. The consensus seems to be delete account, start a new one a Imgur. I haven't done so yet, but that's the plan.
I'm no tech genius, but without any traffic, I don't see how they can stay in business. I think I saw that they want close to $400/yr to allow 3rd party sharing, good luck with that.

I agree that it sucks for forums and such, looking at an old thread and seeing the photos are gone is frustrating. Lots of knowledge and information will be missing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:28 pm 

I'm not sure I understand whats going on with PB?

are they hosting all are old photos to other hosting places?

I have many photos on PB from car builds and race car build and restoration
that I have on PB because it was the best out there for many years.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:34 am 

Checking this out. Can you see this picture:
If you can, it's still working for me. I have a free account several years old.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:08 am 

This one is free and pro gun http://imgdump4.novarata.net/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:44 am 

Yes i see what they have done at lest i have backups of all my photos so i am just going to delete the acct

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:26 pm 

I had a look on my old forums and everything is still posting.

but I had my wedding pics hosted on PB and I think that is gone.
and I have no back up.

I downloaded the pics of some of my project. thanks for the heads up maybe I was in time to save a few car projects.

wow I was able to save most of my photos thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:36 am 

Dont delete the old photobucket account. Leave the photos up to make the money grabbers use server space to store your dead account. $400 usd, what a joke. They will be bankrupt soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:14 am 

I'm out raged, not really.

Imgur is good

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:44 pm 

Yes, if they continue with such a ridiculous idea ($399 US per year for 3rd party hosting), my account there will sit in limbo, in order to punish them by taking up their disc space.... I won't add to it, but all the pics, charts and graphs I have already posted in threads on various Forums will go blank.... I will also stop paying the $30 a year I do currently because I was over their free storage limit.... something I was doing so that I could continue sharing my knowledge and projects....

I have all the graphs and charts on my own computer, but it would take, literally, hundreds of hours to move them to a new service and change the links.... so that is NOT going to happen.... I feel sorry for the impact that will have on my threads, but I simply don't have the time to move them.... In addition, some Forums block any editing after 1/2 hour, so I couldn't change the links, even if I wanted to....

Bob

Life is too short to be wasted worrying about the opinions of others.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:59 pm 

They already went to war with anyone who uses ad-blocker or ad-blocker plus, now this. Classic example of how to very quickly make yourself irrelevant.

Dont like me using ad-blocker? Then stop spamming every page I visit with garbage, malware infested, 3'rd party ad-servers. Need revenue? Present a business model that appeals to me, maybe I'll bite.

I think even when they backtrack, the damage is done. The Internet is very unforgiving place and who would trust them now.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:44 pm 

Done no more account :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:30 pm 

And yet, mine still seems to be working normally.....or am I the only one that can see my pictures??

Al

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:23 am 

I can see your pic just fine, Al.... Mine is OK so far as well.... I hope it stays that way....

Bob

Life is too short to be wasted worrying about the opinions of others.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:32 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
And yet, mine still seems to be working normally.....or am I the only one that can see my pictures??Al

I can see yours fine. I think mine are still working also. I posted a picture near the beginning of this thread and asked if any one could see it but I didn't get any responses.