Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:54 pm 

Afternoon gents, I have a umarex steel force which is a really fun gun I must say. I began having an issue approx 2,000 rounds
into ownership which is the trigger. What is happening is the trigger slowly developed a requirement that the trigger be pulled
harder before it would shoot. Its now at the point where the travel is not enough and you have to squeeze it 2 or 3 times before it
will fire .

It seems to me that the mechanism that releases the hammer has slightly bent and now doesnt pull on the release far enough.
I was thinking of a shim, but am not sure where to put it. There is a lot of moving parts and cant seem to figure out where
said shim should go.. There was some pics in the forum I saw a while back, but the photobucket links are now dead. Anybody
know where to shim the trigger?

Next, I picked up a nice tight smooth bore barrel which is more than twice the length of the original. I want to pick up some fps but
keep the gun within legal limits. Im going with a longer barrel so that I dont change the pressures in the blowback, nor waste
CO2 with modding the valve....

How many FPS can I go and remain under the FPE limit? I think I read somewhere it is just over 500fps with a .177 bb...

Thanks for any advice, got this thing open and its plethora of springs are just waiting to jump out at me!!
I have already disassembled it and just need to get this trigger shim figured out.

PS Had to remove that gear while I was at it!!! Cant wait to try this in true select fire!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:42 pm 

damn this forum has slowed down! Used to get advice before spending hours to figure something out.. not one
reply, im shocked :butthead:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:22 pm 

JWFX wrote:
damn this forum has slowed down! Used to get advice before spending hours to figure something out.. not one
reply, im shocked :butthead:

maybe it's your avatar. :P

I don't know.
600 fps.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:33 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
maybe it's your avatar. :P

:lol: :lol: Looks I think the same~ as I read the post regarding this avatar(s) sometime ago~

Actually IMO, the Steel Force is not well designed, so around this gun, you just got problems, issues here or there or here-and-there...

I got this gun too, maybe just have 2 days of fun in shooting some hundred BBs, I got another problem but related to the trigger too, I can now shoot burst mode only, whatever I turned the switch, each time I press the trigger, it's in burst mode. Besides this, tricky BB loading, sometimes no power at all due to the fake mag loosed by itself while shooting...etc etc... I put it back into the box already... As most of this problems I can found from the reviews after I searched the internet and none of them are easy fixed and looks not really help to contact UX regarding these problems neither...

I just don't want to waste time and money to upgrade / mod a un-reliable and non-long-lasting thing.

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:57 pm 

Let Paddy chime in on this if he's reading. He knows these guns well!

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Dan Wesson 715 Nickel 6" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:00 pm 

The trigger problem comes from a bent piece that the trigger press on it to shoot, you will have to dig to find it cause I can't find it back, poor desing I guess. At least that's what I read on the net...

So far, about 1500 BB's and no issues ''yet'' with the fun gun... :twisted:

6mm
Not enough and to many.