Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:02 pm 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SNIPER-VT-3-12X32-Compact-First-Focal-Plane-Hunting-Rifle-Scope-Glass-Etched-Reticle-Tactical-Optical/32815507261.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.5.LKKBtV&traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_null_null_null&scm=1007.13338.80878.000000000000000&pvid=98783ec8-1cba-4c7d-99fe-81c4ff5df1bd&tpp=1

I dont have them in my possession yet, but should have them by next week. Ordered 2.

I already have a few Bug Busters and wanted to try something new. These scopes all just come out of a different colored door at the back of the factory in China anyway (IMHO). It matters little what the brand name is.
I've been dealing with Ali Express for many years now and actually have direct contacts with some factory reps for my large orders, mid 5 figures (for business), so pretty much know how the game works there.
I think these are exactly the same as the UTG ones but with a different skin so to speak.

These scopes dont look like Crackerjack box junk to me and at 140 bucks U.S. each I hope not :) I know the cheap Bug busters are only $125.00 CAD, but they dont have the glass etched reticle or FFP like the good ones D&L sells for $240.00 CAD (which I've purchased). With tax and shipping it is nudging $300.00 CAD for one of those.

I still have a couple of rifles with a vicious shot cycle, when I get these scopes I'll try and kill one. If it dies then I'll use the other one on a PCP or C02.

I will update this post after testing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:57 am 

Visited the Link and states: FREE shipping to Canada!! :shock:
I've now registered to Aliexpress.com. This is way better than Amazon.ca
Thanks Peter for sharing.

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
CZ-200S lam. .177
Weihrauch HW50S Stl
Cometa Fusion .22
HatsanAT44&95 .22
FAS 6004T
Weihrauch HW44 .22
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:12 am 

Quite a fee not to say a lot of my stuff comes from aliexpress, only thing got to be patient, it take time for delivery and usualy of good to very good quality... 8)

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:17 pm 

I find them very good if you can be patient, OR MOST of them will ship DHL as well $$

You can also negotiate somewhat, and perhaps if you are brave, purchase outside of ALI,,,,although you lose the "protection" that way....however, if I had ever done that...I cannot remember a problem.....

Most of the vendors are "deathly" afraid of bad reviews (think flea bay) and will bend over backwards to rectify any issues.

Mounts, rings, scopes, red-dots, they are exactly the same as the ones you see on Amazon, some with the same name, some different.

BUT HEADS UP....some 3rd party sellers (who never see the product) use Amazon to sell, get your money, buy and drop ship from China....The beatdown has started though, so we should see an end to that soon.

In trying to be the world's largest e-tailer by offering almost anything, Amazon has attracted a dedicated group of thieves and resellers trying to slip through the holes in Amazon's bureaucracy. Amazon is now making a good-faith effort to thwart those selling unauthorized goods, just as it tried to attack deceptive product reviews.

Amazon's new approach — detailed by Internet Retailer last week — is to insist on proof of purchase from select manufacturers and distributors before allowing sellers to list those products on Amazon, as well as asking for fees as high as $1,500. Amazon subsequently clarified the rule to only apply to new merchants.

"Many merchants discovered the change late last week when they tried to upload a product listing only to find they were blocked unless they could provide invoices showing the purchase of at least 30 products over the previous 90 days," said a CNBC report.

It's important to stress that these rules are designed to thwart two very different situations, one legal (albeit barely) and the other illegal. The illegal efforts are people selling cheap imitations and labeling them with the names of big brands. The barely legal approaches are folk that purchase merchandise from eBay or even from small retailers directly and then mark up the price and sell the goods on Amazon. Indeed, some resellers have gotten quite brazen about it, with the resellers using the manufacturer's own shipping operations against them.

The new Amazon fees are fairly minor, separating those who are running serious retail businesses from garage sale resellers. The paperwork is the important new rule here. And it's a good one.

Until now, Amazon's antifraud efforts were overwhelmingly reactive. It would pursue fraudsters after receiving multiple complaints. But that proved mostly ineffective, since true fraudsters would sell and then change their business name and try selling again. No, what was needed was a proactive strategy.

The goal is not to stop all fraud but to make it cumbersome enough that fraudsters will move much of their effort to non-Amazon sites. Amazon has taken its retail leadership role seriously, with supply chain and car-dealer moves that are truly innovative.

The big problem that I see with Amazon's approach is that Amazon tends to be hard to negotiate with. Take its requirement about "showing the purchase of at least 30 products over the previous 90 days." What if the legitimate reseller had received a volume shipment four months ago, with the idea that those supplies would last it six months, and can therefore show nothing for the prior 90 days? Will Amazon's team be reasonable and look into the particulars and made a judgment call? Or will its people adhere to Amazon tradition and insist on strict literal compliance or "No selling soup for you!" (Sorry, Seinfeld fans. I paraphrased your classic line.)

My sincere hope is that this Amazon approach is copied through e-commerce. Otherwise, the bad guys won't merely shift from one to another. They may decide that this particular fraud run is no longer worth their time. One can hope.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:45 pm 

Is there anyway for the objective to be bigger. 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:06 pm 

SoldSpartan wrote:
Is there anyway for the objective to be bigger. 

Yes, you purchase a scope with a bigger objective lens.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:30 pm 

Whoever orders aliexpress will be pleasantly surprised if they choose the epacket shipping option over regular aliexpress shipping, at least in my couple dozen purchases experience. I've had to wait over three months for "free shipping" whereas paying 2 or 3 $ more gets it to you in a week or 2 depending where in Canada you live. Definitely worth it in my opinion! Just click on the shipping and you can choose to change the shipping options, usually epacket is available and if not, contacting the seller will usually work as well for a couple bucks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk