Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:38 pm 

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Legends_A ... hered/4370

The only difference from the ones available in Europe is that this one has a front sight and medallions on the grips. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:38 pm 

Oh that is nice, thanks for finding a home for about 250 bucks I didn't have anything better to with... :)

Seriously though thank you for the post, I really enjoyed looking at that and although I refuse to order from Pyramid, hopefully David at oshoot can get me one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:58 pm 

Purdy lookin' pistol...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:57 pm 

Coincidentally on another thread, I was just mentioning it would be great if Umarex came out with the Sheriff's or Civilian model for the SAA and low and behold, you post one from Umarex. You just got me excited as that weathered version is the one I yearn for. Thanks for the info! Looks like another SAA will be added to the collection in the near future.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 pm 

What's with the 3 metal straps near the muzzle???

Don't tell me they just cut a 5.5" down and affixed the front sight with those straps? I do not know or care if it's historically accurate, looks like a real kludge...on the other hand that would have been a close range point and shoot pistol...maybe it's removable.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:14 pm 

ITGUY wrote:

Don't tell me they just cut a 5.5" down and affixed the front sight with those straps? I do not know or care if it's historically accurate, looks like a real kludge...on the other hand that would have been a close range point and shoot pistol...maybe it's removable.

Interesting! I think those straps are used to hold the removable plastic front sights in place. I would have preferred the original fixed front sight.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:24 am 

ITGUY wrote:

If I was a betting man, I'd say those 'straps' are spring steel and the sight just snaps on using them. Leave the sight off if you're 'pocketing' the pistol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:15 am 

Hey guys, without the front sight, that short-barreled version is a replica of the gun Stallone uses in The Expendables movie franchise - even the hammer style is the same.

I guess they decided to add a front sight, without altering the design and tried to pass it off as a short-barreled Colt SA. I hope they produce a short-barreled version that's more period appropriate - a bit more accurate looking to an original - no barrel "straps" and no funky competition-looking "fanning hammer." Here's a still of Stallone's gun:

https://www.google.ca/search?safe=off&b ... pB0ksEEWzM:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:25 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:23 am 

Pretty darn close I'd say!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:36 pm 

I'm not sure why Umarex made an exact replica of Stallone's Expendables gun for the European market but didn't market it as such? I guess they couldn't get the branding rights? In Europe, it's called the "Custom Shop Edition."

Here's a German review of the European version with stills from The Expendables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR6_SuVxyNM

K.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:02 pm 

Thanks for the posts keith_b!! After reviewing a few videos, looks like I'll wait for a short barreled version with a fixed front sight as my eyesight is not the greatest and I rely heavily on having a front blade to get any kind of accuracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MgiTZfp7Hc

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:53 pm 

I'm sure the North American version's front sight is fixed and they just filled in those grooves/stripes on top of the barrel so that they didn't have to produce a completely different short-barrelled version.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:49 pm 

That pic of the Ace is directly from PA website.

The front sight kludge turns me off, but so many times guns don't sell worth a damn and they stop production, guess I'll order one just in case.