Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:41 pm 

AGS- good price @ $65.00?

http://airgunsource.com/beeman-p17/dp/105

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:47 pm 

I just ordered mine from Canada shooting supply $49.99 + $11.89 shipping + $8.04 tax total = $69.92. they are on sale now. you can follow the link below in the dealers corner section. his forum name is greatmarksmanship.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 pm 

Got mine from Canada Shooting Supply. AGS is my normal place where I buy. I should have asked if they would have matched the price if I would have thought about it. Sometimes eating hotdogs instead of steak is ok. All is good as long as you do not have to go down to chicken wieners! :lol: CHEERS!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:30 pm 

Congrats Pete & WHD...believe you will enjoy your accurate and fun P17's!! :D

This past Saturday with my #1 P17, an installed red dot-reflex scope and a home made rest, got my 1st 5-shot "Same Hole" Grouping @ 10yds (pic attached)!! :shock: Four other 5-shot groupings were at .150 to .200" C to C spreads on a 1\2" POI target. My 5-minutes of TLC (spring stretch and lubed contact points) had my trigger pull weight a smooth 12oz. with 3\16" pre-travel (maxed out)! Have a total of 750 rounds through it and with RWS Hobby 7.0g wad cutters, still shooting around 405fps of accuracy!

Today, took the next step in accurizing. Pulled the trigger and Pre-Travel screw, drilled out the trigger's PT bottom sleeve (there to limit amount of pre-travel take up) and tapped out to create maximum adjustment travel of the screw. Thus, was able to get the trigger pre-travel creep out and have a single stage trigger with only 1\32" before sear break (same 12oz weight). This P17 is strictly for my indoor target range precision accuracy use...don't recommend this level of mod for outdoor target or rodent control!

Point is, the P17 performance out-of-the-box is great, but if needed\desired, still has more potential to fine tune to your liking...It really is a "Steal of a Deal"! :!:

Ted

Attachments:
File comment: Beeman P17 #1 & R.Dot Scope - Trigger 13oz - 10yd 5 Shot Same Hole Grouping - RWS Hobby 7.0g WC - 405fps
Beeman P17 #1 & R.Dot Scope - Trigger 13oz - 10yd 5 Shot Same Hole  Grouping - RWS Hobby 7.0g WC - 405fps.JPG
Beeman P17 #1 & R.Dot Scope - Trigger 13oz - 10yd 5 Shot Same Hole Grouping - RWS Hobby 7.0g WC - 405fps.JPG [ 237.37 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]

Benjamin Trail NP .177
Umarex Trevox .177
Beeman P17 .177's (2)
Beeman P3 .177
Bear River BOA .177 (2)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:07 pm 

hey theo thanks. hope I can make my targets look like yours. I ordered mine on Saturday and got it today already. I don't usually do any mods to my guns. the p17 sounds good right outta the clamshell anyway. I probably won't be trying it until Saturday due to work. but what I couldn,t resist doing was seeing how hard it was to pump so I had to dry fire it once. next time there will be a pellet in it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 am 
Site Moderator

Here is a trigger pic without the grip panel. I keep this one saved in case I disassemble and forget how it goes together. I can't remember why I put the two arrows on the pic but possibly to show where the parts have to align and where to apply some moly paste.

Attachments:
P17c.JPG
P17c.JPG [ 115.93 KiB | Viewed 737 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:37 pm 

first time today using my new beeman p17 I like it. just opened it and tried about 50 shots out of the package. i got my tee shirt caught in it a couple times. not my fingers yet . i have a reflex sight for it the next time i shoot it. where is the best place to put it so you can cock it the easiest. back as far as it will go -- ahead as far as it will go --or in the middle. probably trial and error and find my most comfortable spot. i wish i had more than the 19 feet of shooting space with this gun. it's a little power house. thanks. pete.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 pm 

pete wrote:
first time today using my new beeman p17 I like it. just opened it and tried about 50 shots out of the package. i got my tee shirt caught in it a couple times. not my fingers yet . i have a reflex sight for it the next time i shoot it. where is the best place to put it so you can cock it the easiest. back as far as it will go -- ahead as far as it will go --or in the middle. probably trial and error and find my most comfortable spot. i wish i had more than the 19 feet of shooting space with this gun. it's a little power house. thanks. pete.

Pete,

On mine, I put the Reflex scope as far forward as I could. This gives me the needed palm area to close the over lever without too much pressure on the rear sight. Actually, I've gotten in the habit of using just finger tips on the side bevels of the over lever!

Glad you like the P17...is is an accurate and fun .177 pistol! :D

Ted

Attachments:
Beeman P17 .177 & R.Dot Reflex Scope.JPG
Beeman P17 .177 & R.Dot Reflex Scope.JPG [ 228.99 KiB | Viewed 685 times ]

Benjamin Trail NP .177
Umarex Trevox .177
Beeman P17 .177's (2)
Beeman P3 .177
Bear River BOA .177 (2)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:32 pm 
Site Moderator

Just like Theo, I use my finger tips on the side bevels when closing the frame.

You can put the red dot sight where it gives you the best balance. Some shooters like a forward balance point and others a more neutral balance. I usually have the dot sight further back on the rail.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:50 am 

thanks guys. I'll try it out again today and figure out a comfortable spot for it. if I do use it a lot this winter is there anything I should do to it like put a drop of pellgun oil or anything on or in it some where once in a while.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:31 am 

Question: how does the many variants of the pumper 2240 compare to the P17? Aren't both supposed to be accurate? Doesn't the 1377 and so on have better sights, compared to the ugly fibre optics blobs that adorn many of the B17s and therefore does this make for a better gun? Or does the fact these are multi-pumps just tire people out?

I've been on the lookout for a good deal on a 2240 pumper (preferably a 4.5mm) but not sure it'd be money well invested as I fear it won't be touched. The P17 is something I'm always happy to grab and fire a few shots. Do those that also own a Crosman pumper feel the same way?

For the record I have a 2240 that never gets used. Something about messing around with CO2 and having the pressure to shoot 80 pellets instead of just a few shots greatly takes away from the desire to get it out of the safe. I appreciate simplicity.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:59 am 

Joolz wrote:
Question: how does the many variants of the pumper 2240 compare to the P17? Aren't both supposed to be accurate? Doesn't the 1377 and so on have better sights, compared to the ugly fibre optics blobs that adorn many of the B17s and therefore does this make for a better gun? Or does the fact these are multi-pumps just tire people out?

I've been on the lookout for a good deal on a 2240 pumper (preferably a 4.5mm) but not sure it'd be money well invested as I fear it won't be touched. The P17 is something I'm always happy to grab and fire a few shots. Do those that also own a Crosman pumper feel the same way?

For the record I have a 2240 that never gets used. Something about messing around with CO2 and having the pressure to shoot 80 pellets instead of just a few shots greatly takes away from the desire to get it out of the safe. I appreciate simplicity.

All very different animals. I use the 2240 for walking through my 3d archery coarse. P17 and a Bakial Spring gun for indoor range. 1377 pretty much goes unused because I can only pump it up for so long. 1377 I can not in my old age see the stock sights. I changed over the 2240 to fibre optic sights. Again you can add on $60 to the price of that gun. I do like the fibre optics on the P17. Draw back on the 2240 is the loudness when shot. Gives off a pretty big crack. I have a 357 and two Vigilante's that go virtually unused. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:01 pm 

They sure look different, with the 1377 (and all of its .177 variants whatever they're called) being so much longer. Just wondering if the sense of satisfaction of this Crosman matches that of the P17. As in, each time I pick up the P17 and fire a few shots, I get a smile to my face. Wonder if those that own both the P17 and the .177 pumper variant of the 2240 feel the same way about both.

To me it seems like a toss up whether to invest in one or not. I mean, the P17 has it all, other than crappy FO sights. The 1377 would only need 2 or 3 pumps max to match the speed of the P17, and these are far easier to pump (especially if you don't have a red dot mounted to the P17) as well as to load the pellet. So to me, the effort in pumping would be a non issue. Both seem to fit in your hands nicely as both sport decent ergonomics (speaking of the 2240, as I have no experience handling a pumper variant). The downside of the 1377 is that you couldn't put a red dot on it unless spending the money on a steel breech, so that's another factor to consider.

But what really matters at the end is accuracy. Can one put pellets into a single hole effortlessly, as is the case with the P17 while shooting a 1377?

Would hate to buy yet another gun to see it gather dust. But at the same time would hate to miss out on what could be another great shooter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 am 

My 1322 has been very accurate as well as my dad's and the two 14.5 barrels I bought. I've heard 1377 are just as accurate or even better. 30 yard shooting is well within range for the pumpers shooting well, I haven't really shot much beyond that with the 10" barrel but the 14.5 does great at 40 yards

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 am 

if you guys like the single stoke pneumatic's you should really try the Daisy power-line 717 or 747
the 717 is cheaper in price but there pretty much the same gun... :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next