Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:28 pm 

I just had an impulse purchase of a Marlin 60 in stainless... an impulse that has been working its way out since I saw it last year in the shop.... I need to lengthen the LOP as I do with many of my 22s, smooth out the trigger, and change out the front site (came with a strange orange but not FO blade) but OH MY it pops!!! I love the big heavy barrel and with tube feed I can never loose the magaclipazine... really have to work hard to lose the follower rod....

I read it is the best selling 22 over time and I can see why. I ma not a stainless buy by nature but this all just seemed to work.

I would like to change the trigger guard to a metal one as this one is plastic fro some reason...(ok economics but..)

Now I can stop buying 22s as I have a bolt, semi, and lever. really now I can stop.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:27 pm 

Just the one bolt action .22LR, Murray? That's just a drop in the bucket. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:02 pm 

Some Marlins (like my .17HMR) only need to replace the trigger return spring with a shortened spring from a ball-point pen which was the proper size.

That reduced my trigger to a crisp 2 pounds, same as my gopher shooting buddy's .17V Marlin.

Maybe the triggers are similar?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:38 am 

A company called Mcarbo makes trigger springs for a marlin.

I'm waiting for my Ruger 22/45 to sell to pick up either a Marlin 22XTVR or a 795.

I used to have a Marlin 70HC and loved it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:20 am 

I have guy tuning the trigger...what I am looking for now is the trigger guard in metal.

lots of US sources but I doubt the gun parts would make it across the boarder...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:22 am 

Plinkercases wrote:
I have guy tuning the trigger...what I am looking for now is the trigger guard in metal.

lots of US sources but I doubt the gun parts would make it across the boarder...

Numrich in NY would, but there is a min 40$ USD shipping charge. Maybe Brownells if they have them. Also have you tried Western Gun Parts in BC, they deal with parts for older rifles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:12 pm 

Brownells has some nice front sights but the trigger guards are also plastic. They will ship to Canada but if I can find both items on out side of the boarder it would be better.there is a company in US that makes metal guard assemblies but wont ship to Canada. too bad.

I will check out the guys in BC thanks,