Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hello from Ottawa!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:47 pm 

Hello from Ottawa!
My name is Albert and I am a Supply teacher by trade. I purchased a Slavia Air Rifle from a grocery store when I was a teeny bopper. I used my gun for target practice in my basement, for about 6 months, then put it away in my furnace room. I am now 59 and I have no use for it anymore. I found this forum and have posted an ad for it. I understand (from this forum) it is one of the original units produced by the company and I do concur that I was impressed by it's accuracy. Sorry to say that my interest in guns in general, stems from the earlier days of my youth. I picked up this gun to check it's functionality about once every ten years. It still works! Checked it last week while cleaning out my basement. As you know, this is not an item that you can just drop off at Value Village or dismantle and leave in a recyle bin either. If it is a collector's item and it's worth a king's ransom I'd love to hear about it (who wouldn't) but honestly, I am more obsessed with making sure the thing goes to someone who knows how to use, take care of and BE SAFE with it.... over 18, of course!
I guess the rules were more lax around 1968 but bear in mind, we also lived in different times... I started high school in 1972 (I was 14 then) and I am pretty sure I purchased the unit before I started high school. Don't know when the grocery stores stopped giving away free merchandise in exchange for Gold Bond Stamp Books (books with stickers they gave you to put in them every time you bought groceries) but it gives you a pretty good idea of when this gun was made, purchased and what people thought of, giving/selling them to minors at the time. I hope I have inserted this posting into the correct forum as response-format was the only way I could post to the Introduction Forum, that I could see...
Albert.

Post subject: Re: Hello from Ottawa!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 pm 

Hello and welcome on the forum Albert! Plenty of knowledge and entertainment here - have a good stay :)

P.S. : Log in and check your PM box dear sir.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:50 pm 

Greetings!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:06 am 

Welcome to the forum Albert. I hope you will be able to find a new home for your Slavia. If you are looking to sell it, the forum has a "For Sale" section where you can post an ad, picture, and any details concerning the rifle.

Megiddo65