Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: My new Swiss Arms PT92
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:12 am 

I just added a Swiss Arms PT92 (replica of the 9mm Taurus PT92 that is based on the Beretta 92) to my collection of airguns. When I saw that Amazon was selling the SA PT92 for just over $130 Cdn with free shipping I couldn't resist! Fed Ex delivered it to my door this morning.

Construction is solid, being mostly metal except for some internal parts and the grips, which are plastic. Unlike earlier models, the safety and magazine release seem to be metal rather than plastic. As others have noted, the magazine, which contains CO2 and bbs, is a pain to load with bbs but no biggie as long as you have a sturdy thumbnail to depress the follower spring. The magazine also needs to firmly inserted to get it to lock into place, otherwise it will fall out when you rack the slide as I discovered to my chagrin. Fortunately the floor was carpeted so no damage done.

The SW PT92 feels really nice in the hand and is well balanced at a shade less than 1.1 kg. Blowback is impressive and the report seemed quite loud, especially indoors with a fresh CO2 cylinder. Accuracy at 4 m with iron sights is decent; however, the front sight would really benefit from a white dot. Oddly, the white dot is located beneath the U of the rear sight. With a 2-hand grip I managed a 5 cm group that was nicely centered but a bit low. This really improved when I added an inexpensive laser sight to the accessory rail. This gave me a tight 2 cm group centred on the bullseye. Shooting at 1 second intervals I got 54 good shots from an AGS CO2 cylinder with flawless blowback. An additional 4 shots needed to have the slide racked for each shot and completely exhausted the CO2. In my opinion, not bad use of CO2, considering the strong blowback.

Apart from the few minor gripes mentioned, I really like the SW PT92. Definitely a keeper!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:16 am 

David - we need pics!

8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:35 pm 

I have attached a couple of pics.

Attachments:
IMG_1088.JPG
IMG_1088.JPG [ 64.04 KiB | Viewed 1597 times ]
IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG [ 61.41 KiB | Viewed 1597 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:39 am 

Good choice, it is a very close replica in look and function, only con for me is that it shot's low and very slightly left. Glued on a piece of plastique on top of my rear sight and cut notch correcting the problem, Now shoot's great... love it 8) ...

6mm
Not enough and to many.