Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Rio Rand Optics?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:54 am 

Some of my airguns simply do not need expensive optics. So, given that I realize fully that I am fishing in the mud, does anyone have any experience with this brand? If you can comment from experience, please do, with a link to the model with which you have experience.

Many thanks.

Post subject: Re: Rio Rand Optics?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 am 

Dots or scopes (or both)?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:19 pm 

Ria Rand is a generic "Chinese" distributor...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:14 pm 

i bought a red dot for my MP5, so far so good I keep it.
And I bought a 3-9x40 something scope. Because there is no focus adjustment, I finally returned it.

It's cheap priced, quality and material is good. But I didn't try the high-end or expensive optics, so maybe my experience is just for reference.

I have a Nikon binoculars, it's a little bit expensive, but super good at all fields. But a Nikon scope is way more expensive than the gun I want to put on... so I don't think it's worth the money to spend...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:50 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Some of my airguns simply do not need expensive optics. So, given that I realize fully that I am fishing in the mud, does anyone have any experience with this brand? If you can comment from experience, please do, with a link to the model with which you have experience.

Many thanks.

Hi Ed,

I have 3 RioRand Red\Green Dot Reflex scopes on my .177 pistols and so far, have great performance out of each. Solid build, electronics work as described and the low light reflex setting is perfect for my indoor 10m range, allowing me to obtain good accuracy and consistency in achieving tight .250" groups!

The two models I have are THIS unit on a Benji Trail NP and Umarex Trevox break-barrels, and THIS unit on a Beeman P17 pneumatic over-lever!

Price is right and controls and functions respond well! To install these, I'm using a Sniper 3\8" dovetail to 22mm Picatinny adapter...See Here !

Hope this helps,

Ted

Attachments:
Benjamin Trail NP-Umarex Trevox-Beeman P17 .177 with  RioRand R.Dot Reflex Scopes.JPG
Benjamin Trail NP-Umarex Trevox-Beeman P17 .177 with RioRand R.Dot Reflex Scopes.JPG [ 745.29 KiB | Viewed 1130 times ]

Benjamin Trail NP .177
Umarex Trevox .177
Beeman P17 .177's (2)
Beeman P3 .177
Bear River BOA .177 (2)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:42 pm 

I've got a red dot and a 6-24x50 ao Rio Rand. Both seem to be working well. Pretty clear picture with the scope though I'm sure it's not as nice as an expensive one. Zooms well all the way to 24 for me.
Here is mine:
RioRand 6-24X50mm AOE Optics Hunting Rifle Scope Red/Green Illuminated Mil-dot With Mounts https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01D1754AO/ref ... Tzb5KS5KYE

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:46 pm 

(personally I'd prefer a 3-9x40 or 2.5-10x40, something smaller and lighter)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:33 am 

DDtank wrote:
Dots or scopes (or both)?

Scopes in particular. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:35 am 

Theo98 wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

Many thanks.

Hi Ed,

I have 3 RioRand Red\Green Dot Reflex scopes on my .177 pistols and so far, have great performance out of each. Solid build, electronics work as described and the low light reflex setting is perfect for my indoor 10m range, allowing me to obtain good accuracy and consistency in achieving tight .250" groups!

The two models I have are THIS unit on a Benji Trail NP and Umarex Trevox break-barrels, and THIS unit on a Beeman P17 pneumatic over-lever!

Price is right and controls and functions respond well! To install these, I'm using a Sniper 3\8" dovetail to 22mm Picatinny adapter...See Here !

Hope this helps,

Ted

Great, Ted. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:36 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
I've got a red dot and a 6-24x50 ao Rio Rand. Both seem to be working well. Pretty clear picture with the scope though I'm sure it's not as nice as an expensive one. Zooms well all the way to 24 for me.
Here is mine:
RioRand 6-24X50mm AOE Optics Hunting Rifle Scope Red/Green Illuminated Mil-dot With Mounts https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01D1754AO/ref ... Tzb5KS5KYE

Thanks very much. I'll check it out.