Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 pm 

Excellent bullet, Al, you will like it....

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:39 am 

Went back to the Wpg store just before 5 this afternoon. Got another set of the signature insert High 1" rimfire rings, this time at 70% off.
21.99 before taxes. These sets actually come with a recoil pin. I think they were designed with air-gunners in mind :mrgreen:

Looks like they've been digging through storage. Finally found a set of the signature inserts in the off-set version for 8.99. The boxes are very dusty. I've been after these quite a while now.

They dug out some air guns from some where- a single .22 phantom with an original price of 149.99, and seven or eight Raven youth rifles at original 119.99 Might be a deal at 30-40% off. (can't remember the discount for a/g's) Too bad I ain't really into springers.

Scopes are all gone. I think there's a week left, and that'll be it. Store is lookin awfully bare....

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
They dug out some air guns from some where- a single .22 phantom with an original price of 149.99, and seven or eight Raven youth rifles at original 119.99 Might be a deal at 30-40% off. (can't remember the discount for a/g's)

It's 40% off but even then they aren't moving. Shelf here has tons of Ravens left. Are they even worth the discounted price of $72? Figured the Ruger Explorer for $60 at Princess Auto to be a safe bet for a nice little springer that I can confirm shoots very nicely.

Maybe these will experience a higher discounted price as the last day approaches. Will try to pay them a visit after Christmas (or just before whenever the last day is - anyone knows?). Calgary store, which happens to be huge, still has a lot of stuff on the shelves still. Then again it's no surprise when they have a small spray of mosquito repellent for $14!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:08 am 

Now 80% off for scope mounts and rings. Finally got a set of Burris bases for the 52~ turn in style for the front, and windage adjustable rear, and the posi align insert signature rings in high configuration to go with them. I may be able to get the 6-24X 42mm a/o mil-dot Banner aboard finally!

They finally caved on the pricing for the spare 586-686 mags. Box of 3 German made cylinder mags for 27.50, down from 54.99. Got one set. Nice to now have 5 mags for one revolver :mrgreen:

No guns left at all. One lone baby desert eagle b/b pistol left in the display case.

Can't see them being open that much longer- not with the store being that empty.

I really hope someone steps up to fill this void. There's gotta be another choice in this town besides Cabela's....

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:50 am 

Nice deals! Yeah competition is always good.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:54 pm 

Picked up a nice camo hunting coat today, 60% off. That coat, a rain hat for my wife + a couple shell holders came to just over $200.00.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:57 pm 

Another visit today turned up a lone set of 30mm tube to 3/8" .22 dovetail Leupold split rings. $5.21 otd for a set that originally retailed for 60 bucks. They're aluminum, but what the heck~ I've got 2 red dots that will fit them...

I think they're still digging up stuff from the back, but barely anything left....

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:09 pm 

Anyone knows when the last day the store will be open is?
Tried to go this afternoon but too busy. Hope to try Saturday afternoon, hope it won't be too late.
Want to try and land some fishing gear, if the price is right. And wth, maybe another airgun too (just don't tell the wife I said that)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:41 am 

I believe today was the last day. I went to the one in Langley on boxing day, the store was pretty bare. No guns of any kind.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:38 pm 

Second last day, picked up 2,700 percussion caps at 705 off. Good thing I didn't wait for the last day for 80%, as they were ALL gone yesterday when I went in.

Picked up some cleaning jags and nylon brushes in .50, 28 bore and 20 bore, couple $$ each. There have been 0 rifles, shotguns nor scopes for 2 weeks, locally. All done now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:13 pm 

Fraid I missed out on the last day.
Phone's been disconnected. Website shows this:

Attachments:
Wholesale is officially no more.jpg
Wholesale is officially no more.jpg [ 16.23 KiB | Viewed 1161 times ]