Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:09 am 

Starting this morning you'll be able to save up to 30% as the company liquidates its inventory. Sad to see yet another Canadian company shutting its doors for good. Not the biggest selection of airguns or accessories but may be worth stopping by.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/ufa-to-close- ... -1.3590746

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:42 am 

It is too bad...

No more online orders, any deals to be had are in store only.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:10 am 

I only dealt with them over a decade ago buying reloading gear and a Steven 200. But kinda upset that they closed down the store. I was hoping to get some discounted reloading gear.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:23 am 

Kinda bummed over this. They bought out the old Farmer's Supply store- a long time local Winnipeg fixture.
Won't miss them as much as S.I.R. , but they were a good counter in price to Cabela's. Last 18 months, or so, the Wpg. Wholesale store has been slow to re-stock...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:16 pm 

Went to the store in Winnipeg this morning. The majority of stuff, except for clothing, is just 10% off.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:19 am 

And since discounts don't apply to firearms, I'm not taking the 5 min drive there. Not bothering to check out their airguns either, not a great selection and as I recall, priced higher than most places (and I don't mean Crappy Tire, no one overcharges for airguns as they do)

Think come next month and they realize no inventory has moved that they may start giving out actual discounts. For now all of this smells of a marketing skim to get people in the door.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:54 am 

No deals yet. 5% to 10% is not going to clear the shelves around here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:43 am 

15% off on all in stock pellets and b.b.'s.

Actually is a deal on something like 500 count Crosman Ultra Mag 10.5 gr in .177.
All the meisters and hobby are gone from the Winnipeg store.
Scopes are 10%, and the Vortex stuff is moving fast.
Got my eye on a Bushnell AR-223 side focus...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:25 am 

Less than a month to go to final closing.
Was in the wpg store last night. Just about all the scopes are gone. Lots of empty shelf space.
Got 2 uncle mike's sidekick holsters at 11 something each~ one a size #2 for 4" revolvers, and the other is a #3 for 6" revolvers.
Also got a couple of pairs of millet rimfire rings in satin silver- medium height, for 6 something each, and for 4 something, a Weaver T/O # 10 tip off base that extends the short rails on some 3/8" dovetail guns...

It's still worth it to go in and look around.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:08 pm 

Think I've made my last purchase there.
Half price for a set of Burris signature zee high rim fire rings. 45.00 before taxes, instead of 90.00.
I have a 6-18 x 50 mm that I can now mount on a SBK breech.
These are the rings with the nylon inserts.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:33 pm 

Nice bargain! Sad to see them gone

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:03 pm 

Funny enough I had completely forgotten about this 'till Doc Sharptail revived this thread - and I'm the one that started it.

So this afternoon I paid them a visit.
All airguns are 40% off. Plenty of NTR-77 left, regular price $250 (which seems pretty high to me). Crosman Raven regular $119 and the M4-177 $129. There were others at the Calgary store on the shelves, including a few behind the powder burner counter. Couldn't find any pellets or a chrony. Guys at the powder burner counter were so busy, customers were taking numbers so I couldn't even ask them if they had any chronies left. Possibly cause all PB guns are 30%, some 40%.

Still plenty of fishing and camping stuff left but some items are ridiculously overpriced. Case in point: a small spray can of mosquito repellent for $14 (and I think 30% off). Sheez, I get the large bottles elsewhere for under 8 bux. Buyer beware.

But yeah, it is sad to see another retailer folding. This weekend wife took the kids to a closing Sears. And much like Wholesale sports, she came home empty handed.

Edit: to clarify, the airgun prices I listed above are the regular stamped on the box. Deduct 40% off that to get the real figure. Unfortunately there were none of the Umarex Pal rated guns left (which is why I went there in the first place)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:34 am 

Didn't bother with the airguns, but did hit the reloading section for discounted mold handles and a two cavity .309" 113gr Lee Mold. 8)

A great many items we looked at were indeed HEAVILY over priced.

Al

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:18 pm 

My brother overheard a disgruntled customer the other day at Wholesale Sports. Some shopper made a huge scene in the middle of the store in the gun section. Last week he bought some ammunition at some discounted price and this week its 30% off and the guy notices that they changed the price and jacked it up by 30% only to drop it back down the same for the discount so its still regular price. P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:52 pm 

Castle02 wrote:
My brother overheard a disgruntled customer the other day at Wholesale Sports. Some shopper made a huge scene in the middle of the store in the gun section. Last week he bought some ammunition at some discounted price and this week its 30% off and the guy notices that they changed the price and jacked it up by 30% only to drop it back down the same for the discount so its still regular price. P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, this happened when Le Baron had their liquidation sale as well. I'm wondering if they hired the same consultant :lol: