Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Slavia 624 Tuneup
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:28 am 

I just finished putting a tin of 500 through my refreshed Slavia 624 to be sure of the results.......
Started out with a bent spring....dry piston seal and breech seal and some scuffing in the tube.....
Compression tube cleaned, polished and moly with a drill to (hopefully) seal any micro scratches
I couldnt see. Breech seal replaced with o ring and piston seal cleaned up and soaked in silicone oil over night....
Spring straightened by hand.....
Before refresh..7.4 gr...320 fps....25 x 3 groups(I like to be sure of the fps) :D
After refresh.....7.4 gr...415 fps....25 x 3 groups
Not too shabby for a 45+ year old gun with the original piston seal and spring......cool...
These guns are great indoor shooters....

Post subject: Re: Slavia 624 Tuneup
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:47 am 

Seems like your efforts paid off. I have a Slavia 634 which is a fine rifle with impressive accuracy. RC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:40 pm 

is this a 22 cal? Just wondering if it is based on a 618 or 620 model? it looks like the smaller 618.

Slavias were always fun indoors. back in the 70's I whiled away entire winters in the basement.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:31 pm 

tango wrote:
is this a 22 cal? Just wondering if it is based on a 618 or 620 model? it looks like the smaller 618.

Slavias were always fun indoors. back in the 70's I whiled away entire winters in the basement.

Much more like a 618, same main tube size but longer barrel and stock. And although I'm 99% sure, just seeing the pellets weight MyCrosman used is a good clue it's a .177 ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:10 pm 

RC1947 wrote:
Seems like your efforts paid off. I have a Slavia 634 which is a fine rifle with impressive accuracy. RC

I hadn't shot it for decades as I had just re-entered the world of airguns 6 years ago and finally decided to run the Slavia over the chrony...I expected it would need a tear down anyway.....after sitting idle for so long......Very accurate....at least with indoor ranges ....40 feet or so....amazing how fast I can go through a tin of pellets with this gun. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:13 pm 

tango wrote:

Oh yeah...Indoors Jan/Feb. for sure with my Slavia...... :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:17 pm 

This is great to see MC . :supz:
It was about 50yr ago when I was given my first pelletgun and it was the good ol Slavia 624.
Thousands of rounds and tons of fun . Then I stepped up with a 620 and took my first rabbit with it.
Seeing your 624 refurb brings back some good 'ol memories .