Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:00 pm 

airmec wrote:
I just ordered a P17, and will order an XP-4 next week. I'm just too curious about it :mrgreen: . This way, I'll be able to compare them closely, and report back about the similarities/differences. There. I avowed it :lol:

Yeah! Let's all EMT airmec 10 cents each for taking the plunge for us :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:15 pm 

ten-ring wrote:
airmec wrote:
I just ordered a P17, and will order an XP-4 next week. I'm just too curious about it :mrgreen: . This way, I'll be able to compare them closely, and report back about the similarities/differences. There. I avowed it :lol:

Yeah! Let's all EMT airmec 10 cents each for taking the plunge for us :D

Well, someone had to do it! And don't get me wrong, this is purely a scientific endeavour, absolutely not motivated by my air gun addic... err... passion hehe :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:36 pm 

Update:

I emailed Shooters Choice to order the XP4. The sales person replied that the web page is not up to date with their inventories, and that they don't have the pistol in stock. However he went to the extent of verifying with their distributor if the XP4 could be available, but no, and no timeline on arrival. I know it's already sold in Europe, but haven't found any place in America yet. If anyone is aware that the XP4 become available on our continent, please post here in this thread, it would be appreciated!

At least, the P17 is on my way 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:21 pm 

Another update:

I emailed Stoeger Canada yesterday, and the reply came today. Here it is:

''Thank you for your interest in Stoeger.

We should be receiving the XP4s before the holiday season. You are able to contact one of our dealers and place a backorder against it. This way when we do receive them, it will shipped out directly to the dealer for that order.

Your best bet is to special order it from a smaller dealer as the larger chain stores do not usually special order products.

Hope this helps.

Kira Bernardo
Parts and Service''

Still encouraging as an answer :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:55 pm 

Thanks airmec. As I posted earlier, Stoeger never gave me any specs on this one .We will watch for your review of this $100 clone eventually and hope it turns out to be a star performer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:24 pm 

airmec wrote:

Canadian Tire shows it at $139 but no stock in the GTA. Could be they expect it soon and put it up prematurely.
It should be returnable within 90 days but still high price ( as usual with CT)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:43 am 

ten-ring wrote:
airmec wrote:

Canadian Tire shows it at $139 but no stock in the GTA. Could be they expect it soon and put it up prematurely.
It should be returnable within 90 days but still high price ( as usual with CT)

Looks like they pulled their ad overnight for the 'not in stock' XP4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:34 am 

Well I won't despair, it's available in Europe, it should make its way to Canada sooner or later. Here's a review on a french forum:

http://www.forum-airguns.com/t79283-sto ... que-le-p17

There's no ''Made in China'' printing on the pistol, can we hope? :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:41 am 

airmec wrote:
Well I won't despair, it's available in Europe, it should make its way to Canada sooner or later. Here's a review on a french forum:

http://www.forum-airguns.com/t79283-sto ... que-le-p17

There's no ''Made in China'' printing on the pistol, can we hope? :)

If not China then it's Vietnam. I'm not certain what comes next. I'm not concerned whatsoever where it's manufactured. I care about the accuracy and shooting experience.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:03 pm 

I sent an inquiry to the Gun Room (Waterloo) They replied that when Stoeger distributes the XP4 it will not be stocked with them only individual order basis ( their site says normally stocked which is not the case). I tried to email Stoeger but my inquiry in their contact section could not be sent nor can I reach anyone there by phone.Seems to me they don't want consumers to be calling.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:32 pm 

Well I emailed TheGunRoom last week and never got a reply :? . However I found a place in Quebec that is supposed to have some in stock, I'll have to search that. Sure hope to be able to get one this year!!!

https://latulippe.com/fr/produit/525178 ... e-xp4-177/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:39 pm 

Their description indicates that a permit is required??? I will wait until Ontario sources are stocking it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:21 pm 

ten-ring wrote:
Their description indicates that a permit is required??? I will wait until Ontario sources are stocking it.

Yes it does, but it's the same 410 fps pistol that's available elsewhere, I'm sure it's a mistake. I'll try to phone them this week to confirm 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:02 pm 

I emailed Stoeger today asking when this will be available. They replied many in stock and to contact local Stoeger dealer to order.
For those outside of Toronto - the Gun Room in Waterloo is a choice. In Toronto, Al Flaherty store is an option.I had also contacted Canadian Tire who responded that they may or may not stock in future-no special orders possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 pm 

lleader wrote:
If you look closely you will see this is likely just a new 'shell' around a Beeman P17 (or P3).

Not that that's a bad thing - it looks great.

Good eye. X2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next