Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Stoeger XP-4 air pistol
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:58 pm 

Just caught that on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1w5XlzWeGI

Supposed to be available in Canada, around 100$, anybody heard of it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:35 pm 

airmec wrote:
Just caught that on YT:

Shooters Choice (The Gun Room)in Waterloo.....http://www.thegunroom.ca/index.php?rout ... ct_id=4543 :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:02 pm 

Oh yeah! Thanks for the link MyCrosman :drinkers:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 pm 

Nice looking gun and apparently well made but its no powerhouse.....not much faster than my Buckmark.. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:00 pm 

Wonder if a guy could get it up to over 450fps, but of course, still stay under 500fps?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:41 pm 

If you look closely you will see this is likely just a new 'shell' around a Beeman P17 (or P3).

Not that that's a bad thing - it looks great.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:48 am 

Heh, that IS a P17.
Isn't this the exact same BS Beeman pulled with the Daisy 93 upon buying the company? Increasing the price by nearly 3x while adding a couple of minor cosmetic changes?

No thanks. At half the price I'll stick with the P17. The extra $50 saved is a reminder I'm not a sucker for marketing ploys.

Edit: above comment wasn't directed at you, airmec - just expressing my frustration at wicked marketing that is fuelled by corporate greed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:10 pm 

I have the HW40 so no need to get Beeman P17. I do like the style of the X4 but at a $100 price point it is most likely to be a P17 in disguise.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:28 pm 

Joolz wrote:
Heh, that IS a P17.
Isn't this the exact same BS Beeman pulled with the Daisy 93 upon buying the company? Increasing the price by nearly 3x while adding a couple of minor cosmetic changes?

No thanks. At half the price I'll stick with the P17. The extra $50 saved is a reminder I'm not a sucker for marketing ploys.

Edit: above comment wasn't directed at you, airmec - just expressing my frustration at wicked marketing that is fuelled by corporate greed.

No offence at all, Joolz :) . I don't make or sell them. And I agree on the ''wicked marketing that is fuelled by corporate greed'' :wink: . I must admit they're tempting, but maybe the P17 is a better value.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:43 pm 

MyCrosman wrote:
airmec wrote:
Just caught that on YT:

Shooters Choice (The Gun Room)in Waterloo.....http://www.thegunroom.ca/index.php?rout ... ct_id=4543 :D

I sent an email inquiry early today asking if the XP-4 has the same internal composition as the P17 or the HW40.
I will post any reply but I doubt if they can or will answer this. As they seem to be the only dealer in Ontario and being primarily a powder burner source,this model may not be a big seller as is the case with the P17 from limited online dealers. I like the looks though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:31 am 

$100, I dont think so. No thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:54 pm 

I would not object to $100 if a dealer or Stoeger will verify that it is a new/better internal design or simply just a newer outer shell on a P17.
I have submitted an email to Stoeger Canada since no reply from the dealer. I asked for more data by October 20. I will advise the outcome.

I enjoy sourcing products that interest me. I would suggest that anyone curious about an airgun product ,for which they cannot find good info in order to move ahead with a purchase, should feel free to contact the manufacturer/ distributor directly for answers.
Some may not reply to a consumer query however.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:22 pm 

Well .....their has to be SOME kind of structural difference if the P 17 shoots 50 fps faster....SOMETHING is going on.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:56 pm 

ten-ring wrote:
I would not object to $100 if a dealer or Stoeger will verify that it is a new/better internal design or simply just a newer outer shell on a P17.
I have submitted an email to Stoeger Canada since no reply from the dealer. I asked for more data by October 20. I will advise the outcome.

I enjoy sourcing products that interest me. I would suggest that anyone curious about an airgun product ,for which they cannot find good info in order to move ahead with a purchase, should feel free to contact the manufacturer/ distributor directly for answers.
Some may not reply to a consumer query however.

Shooters choice replied Tuesday advising they sent my questions to Stoeger which have not replied to my queries. I am not surprised.
Manufacturers/wholesalers/ distributors/online dealers are not likely to give specific data on how or who makes their airguns.
I assume that the Stoeger execs probably decided to throw an air pistol into their line up and then had a facsimile of the P17 produced under their brand name with a nicer jacket ( in my opinion) on it.
If anyone discovers that this is truly a new improved clone of the HW40, I may be likely to shell out $100 or so.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:32 pm 

I just ordered a P17, and will order an XP-4 next week. I'm just too curious about it :mrgreen: . This way, I'll be able to compare them closely, and report back about the similarities/differences. There. I avowed it :lol: