Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:20 pm 

Canadian Tire has ordered the stores to return all in stock SKS rifles. Maybe Dan will know something???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:40 pm 

Sounds to me like this would be prime time to contact North Sylvia and Bell Outdoors for a deal on one. That is, assuming they don't insist on only dealing with retailers. I've seen SKS going for as low as $199 from the likes of Cabelas. Given the unexpected change in plans from Can Tire I have to wonder if these distributors would be willing to dump them for a dirt low price. If so, I'm in.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:05 pm 

CT always folds.

They covered over Savage Arms logo because it offended someone. They said SKS could go full auto. So they pulled them. Now pulling them, so probably some political BS.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:50 pm 

LOL - oh no!!! SAVAGE Arms. What a bunch of savages, they are.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:49 pm 

More important Home Depot is just sold out of PVC pipe and shovels.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:21 pm 

Pioneer2 wrote:
More important Home Depot is just sold out of PVC pipe and shovels.

Home Hardware still has some in stock. Boating accidents seem to be on the rise too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:40 pm 

Not sure what the date on that letter is but my local CT had over a dozen sks's on display yesterday when I stopped in for DEF fluid.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:44 pm 

Its dated to go into effect today. Might just be corporate stores, though I would think the franchise stores would not be able to get more if corporate stops selling them ?.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:56 pm 

Will have a look next time I'm into town. Can't resist a stroll through the gun section while I'm there. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:05 pm 

There is a good thread going on on this issue at CGN here: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/s ... Tire-Soon-!

Millions of explanations!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:02 am 

For the uniformed Canadian Tire sold the crude BBQ paint special refurbs.Half the "included kit" is missing.They dumped their guns to Cabela's.Look around for a non-reburbed gun but expect to pay around $300 nowadays.By the case turned out to be a sound investment.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:25 am 

Pioneer2 wrote:
For the uniformed Canadian Tire sold the crude BBQ paint special refurbs.Half the "included kit" is missing.They dumped their guns to Cabela's.Look around for a non-reburbed gun but expect to pay around $300 nowadays.By the case turned out to be a sound investment.

Well the distributor is North Sylvia. CT wouldn't be able to dump them. It would be pull from CT, then re distribute to Cabelas.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:13 pm 

Doesn't get much greasier than North Sylvia............Cabelas ended up with the guns is what I heard on CGN.Badly pitted re-finished parts guns.I picked up a 57 that showed no caveman handling with a blued bayonet nicely done from another source. Minty with full kit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:17 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
CT always folds.

They covered over Savage Arms logo because it offended someone. They said SKS could go full auto. So they pulled them. Now pulling them, so probably some political BS.

Some idiot turned his[ firing pin frozen ]SKS into the RCMP after firing copious amts' of corrosive ammo and not cleaning it .......guess what it slam fired full auto.This is why SKS's are now in the Gov't crosshairs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:35 pm 

I used to own two SKS's. One Yugo and one Norinco, but sold them off. The Yugo was ok, but the Norinco would slam fire as many as four or five rounds at a time....it was very well cleaned too. Even though, down here anyways, we can still (yet) own AR's, AK's and the like, I sold my last AK off. I bought one of the Ruger American bolt guns in 7.62x39mm....have a lot of that caliber. The Norinco SKS, that had the slam fire problem, I sold to my FFL dealer and let him know about the slam firing problem first. He pulled the bolt and used a set of calipers on the firing pin hole, found it was way oversized. Needless to say, I took a loss on getting rid of that one.

I thought SKS's were a banned rifle in Canada? :?: