Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:52 pm 

Was sitting fiddling with with my TX200 yesterday and after having spent a week or so of playing around with it, I’ve really come to enjoy shooting it. So much so I think it’s my current favorite. This got me to thinking, as up until that point it had never been my favorite for several reasons. I’ve always had a favorite gun or two that I enjoy more than others for various reasons, whether the feel, accuracy, or just pure enjoyment. But that actually seems to change over time depending on what I’m in the mood for. I always thought I’ve have the one or two guns that could never be topped, yet I always seem to find one that does, even if only for a short period of time. Am I the only one?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:29 pm 

In my situation, I have a favorite gun for various shooting activities. if I need accuracy up to 50 yards, I'll go with my TX200. For target shooting up to 15 yards, my multi pumpers do the job. General plinking and the shooting of large targets and cans, I go with my KWC BB pistols. Shooting spinners, spoons, plates, chalk, and other fun dollar store items, my pellet pistols & revolvers are sufficient enough.
On a side note, I find the movies that display a certain gun (eg. Peacemaker, AR-15/M-4) will influence me to pick up the airgun that depicts that weapon portrayed in the movie. For example, if I watch a Western movie, my Umarex SAA comes out. Even if I don't shoot the gun, I'll fiddle with the action just to hear the audible clicks or spin the gun.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:31 pm 

megiddo65 wrote:
. For example, if I watch a Western movie, my Umarex SAA comes out. Even if I don't shoot the gun, I'll fiddle with the action just to hear the audible clicks or spin the gun.

Good to know I'm not the only one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 pm 

For some years I've only had 2 air rifles, a .177 AA Prosport and a .177 S200.
Recently I decided that I would concentrate on just 1 rifle so the S200 got sold on. The Prosport rules!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:20 pm 

Mine always change from day to day/ week to week. Somedays I shoot different rifles better and others ones better other days. When I was into archery I would take the bow I was shooting the best. Was not always the same bow. Seven compounds and 11 crossbows. If I was not shooting compounds good that week before I would take a crossbow and enter the crossbow side of the shoot. Some rifles want a light steady trigger pull and hold sensitive and other pellet gun do not care. Some have to rest on my hand and others can be directly on a bag. Have to remember what pellets go with what gun. May even run out of pellets or not have enough for the day shoot. A lot to remember sometimes after working all day and a couple drinks. :drinkers: :lol: CHEERS!

timmytree - I would get extremely bored shooting only one gun everyday. As I do shoot everyday of the week. Sometime 2, 3 or more times in a day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:10 am 

It'd be a surprise if it didn't change constantly. After all airguns are toys for adults. Just look at kids with their toys that change almost daily. I observe this all the time with my kids and their video games - around 200 of them. They have their picks of faves that always make the rounds, but will occasionally resort to an old one that they haven't played in a while. That day(s) you can't talk them out of it. Then it's on to a diff one. Few days later another. Then another.

This is likely the reason why most of us big boys have airguns by the bunch, so the inner child in us can choose whichever model puts the biggest smile on our faces. Who said adulthood has to be boring?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am 

As the market grows so does the product available. I've seen a trend for better equipment for a lower price point. How could your favorite not change? Plenty of oldie but goodies but most certainly the best is yet to come.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:12 pm 

The favourite changes all the time. I switch between my two FW's & the Brocock Concept .22, almost every time I shoot them.

I am thinking that if I had a .22 HW97Blue Laminate, that IT might be my favourite.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:47 pm 

8) I like shooting with my rifle (Crosman 1077) more than my pistols.
Takes me back to my youthdom...