Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:27 pm 
Site Moderator

It looks like Umarex has introduced a new multi-pump air pistol called the Strike Point. The rating for .22cal is 520fps so possibly there will be a detuned version for Canada with the silencer chambers removed (drilled out). Let's hope!

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_S ... istol/4503

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:01 pm 

Good find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqp_TCh90oQ

Looks like they're going after some of Crosman market on their 1377

$10 cheaper too. :mrgreen:

I'd say we should see it up here for around $75.00 cdn... (Opps edit) Looks like OShoot has them on already for $92. LOL

Crosman 1377C / PC77...............Umarex Strike Point
Caliber 0.177" (4.5mm)..................0.177" (4.5mm), 0.22" (5.5mm)
Max V. 600 ft/sec. ........................650 ft/sec, 520 ft/sec
$59.99........................................$49.99
Warranty- 1-year............................90-day
Weight- 2.0 lbs ..............................2.6 lbs
Barrel L.- 10.25"..............................9.00"
Overall L.-13.63"...........................14.00"
Barrel-Rifled................................Rifled
Front S.- Blade & Ramp...................Fiber Optic
Rear S. -Adjustable........................Adjustable
Trigger Pull- 5.50 lbs.......................5.50 lbs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:30 pm 

Yeah, oshoot is selling this gun. ..but for the muzzle velocity of 520 fps.... how dare they sell this RPAL rated air pistol to the public ??

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:41 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Yeah, oshoot is selling this gun. ..but for the muzzle velocity of 520 fps.... how dare they sell this RPAL rated air pistol to the public ??

Sent from my LG mobile

Because they sell guns to other countries, that have no limits.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:44 pm 

That looks suspiciously like a stock plastic 13-XX breech under the polymer frame top...
:P

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:55 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
That looks suspiciously like a stock plastic 13-XX breech under the polymer frame top...
:P

-D.S.

I thought that as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:08 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:

Sent from my LG mobile

Because they sell guns to other countries, that have no limits.
But how about we buy it and use it in CA? Really no problem ?

Sent from my LG mobile

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:30 am 
Site Moderator

Oshoot doesn't stock the items in their online catalogue. I'm guessing that you can't get the RPAL pistols.

"We are a catalog only company. We do not stock any of these items. We are not knowledgeable about these products and cannot recommend any item to you. What we have represents the pyramidair.com catalog from the USA."

http://www.oshoot.ca/gshop/en/content/4-about-us

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:06 am 

TCooper wrote:
Oshoot doesn't stock the items in their online catalogue. I'm guessing that you can't get the RPAL pistols.

"We are a catalog only company. We do not stock any of these items. We are not knowledgeable about these products and cannot recommend any item to you. What we have represents the pyramidair.com catalog from the USA."

So maybe the system automatically import the database from US -PA, and show it out ?

However I can add the 650FPS .177 to the cart, I didn't finish the check out process as I think even they can sell to me, I am not dare to own it ~ [emoji29]

Sent from my LG mobile

~Target~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:48 am 
Site Moderator

YepYep wrote:
TCooper wrote:

So maybe the system automatically import the database from US -PA, and show it out ?

However I can add the 650FPS .177 to the cart, I didn't finish the check out process as I think even they can sell to me, I am not dare to own it ~ [emoji29]

Sent from my LG mobile

Go to Pyramyd Air web site. Click on Crosman 1322 (460fps) and you will see a little Canada flag and the words "Ships to Canada". Click on 1377 (600fps) or either of the Umarex Strike Point pistols and you won't see the flag or words to indicate that they will ship the item here.

I doubt that OShoot can get the full power Strike Point. If they did, then they would have to be authorized to sell restricted firearms. You would need a RPAL to purchase one. Canada Customs would surely interfere with the shipping across the border.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 am 

TCooper wrote:
YepYep wrote:
TCooper wrote:

Sent from my LG mobile

Go to Pyramyd Air web site. Click on Crosman 1322 (460fps) and you will see a little Canada flag and the words "Ships to Canada". Click on 1377 (600fps) or either of the Umarex Strike Point pistols and you won't see the flag or words to indicate that they will ship the item here.

I doubt that OShoot can get the full power Strike Point. If they did, then they would have to be authorized to sell restricted firearms. You would need a RPAL to purchase one. Canada Customs would surely interfere with the shipping across the border.

If you look at Oshoot here you will see.

Now over 5000 items for you to look at. We do not stock these items, we bring in a shipment every week from the USA from pyramidair.com. Our orders are placed on Monday mornings and we send out to you the following Monday.

Because there are so many its hard to filter. Since we have everything pyramidair.com has. The easiest is to just look on their site with their filters decide what you want, and using their part#'s search them on our site. We use thier part #'s also. I hope this helps.

If you order a firearm over 500FPS you need a PAL. If you don't have a PAL don't order anything above 500FPS or a restocking fee will apply. After you order we will send you an email asking you to send us a picture of your PAL.

So you might be able to place a order, but that as far as it will go being that he knows what we are allowed. Hes not going to risk losing his business because you want to be a law breaker.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:50 am 
Site Moderator

I must not be understanding something about Oshoot. If someone in Canada wanted a Crosman 1322, Beeman P17 and 10 tins of pellets why wouldn't they just order directly from Pyramyd Air? Is there a cost savings or benefit by going with Oshoot? The P17 is $30USd from Pyramyd Air but $69Cdn from Oshoot. I haven't checked other examples.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:59 am 

TCooper wrote:
I must not be understanding something about Oshoot. If someone in Canada wanted a Crosman 1322, Beeman P17 and 10 tins of pellets why wouldn't they just order directly from Pyramyd Air? Is there a cost savings or benefit by going with Oshoot? The P17 is $30USd from Pyramyd Air but $69Cdn from Oshoot. I haven't checked other examples.

And about 20 USD to ship from the states.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:11 pm 

TCooper wrote:

I believe that Pyramid ships via UPS only to Canada - which can result in extra brokerage fees (shipping from the U.S.) compared to Canada Post/UPS from Oshoot here in Canada...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:46 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
which can result in extra brokerage fees

Oh Man !!! We could start a whole new thread on that one !!! Image

I was only trying to pointed out that Oshoot was showing a price already for the Umx Strike Point. Which I figured should be around $75 Cdn fund.

I would rather support a True Canadian store rather than dealing with any Brokerage company.