Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 am 

Another interesting thing I discovered about this gun that other people have mentioned with other guns, concerning harmonics effecting accuracy. If I put the barrel band at the end of the tube the gun shot terrible groups, but if I moved it 2/3 of the way back then it shot one hole groups with the jsb 10 and 8 gr pellets. Quite a change!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:26 am 

The one decent 24" Crosman .177 bbl I have (older 1760 version) actually prefers being free floated- even in just the SBK steel breech. It did very well in the 2 screw riser 1701 breech.

As far as harmonics go, to alter for accuracy with this bbl, I had to hang a 16 oz weight on the muzzle end before I saw any marked improvement. Weights any lesser showed zero improvement. That's saying a lot for a low cost bbl.

-D.S.

Guess I've got that old travellin bone,
and I feel I've got to move..."
-John Fogerty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:33 am 

Wow that's a lot of weight hey! Surprising and cool that you had the smarts to try it out. I've got this one packed up now so no more testing on my part, I'll let the new owner do his magic on it. Seems to be shooting nicely with the barrel band where it is now anyway.
Thanks for your comments!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:55 am 

Lol! Just realized my above post wording could have been better! I meant to say it's surprising so much weight on the muzzle would make an accuracy difference, and not that it was surprising you were smart enough to figure that out, Doc!
My apologies for any misunderstanding!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:35 pm 

Posting before coffee again :rolleyes: :wink:

-D.S.

Guess I've got that old travellin bone,
and I feel I've got to move..."
-John Fogerty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:39 pm 

Lol! Yep!