Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:22 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
The only issue I have with the b2 type pellet guns is no safety. Please be careful.

Thanks for the excellent advice! I have seen the online reviews of those B2 pellet rifles and am aware of the no safety issue! I am always very safety conscious but one can never be too careful.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:13 am 

T. Clark wrote:

This is the same gun on which the title of this thread is based on. Except it's now nearly double the $28 price tag. Unless you wait for it go on sale again, which they often do. Got mine for $29.

Edit: removed previous comment. Clearly you are on a budget and is trying to find the best bang for your buck. But fret not, $50 does get you started nicely, we're lucky to have so many budget guns available for close to nothing (many countries don't have this privilege). Have you tried looking at kijiji? May find a good deal on a used one.

Last edited by Joolz on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:30 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Also I have been shooting for 50 years so what you call accurate I may not. I settle for nothing less that the same hole every time. CHEERS!

You posted this on the previous page: ' Mine is pretty much a piece of art. Mine sprays around in a two inch circle at 30 feet and drives me nuts'

If this is your definition of accuracy, I can assure you your M4-177 is beyond problematic and don't think replacing the barrel would do you any good. I'd be investing that money towards a Diana if I were you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:44 pm 

Good advice. I will keep that in mind. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:47 pm 

How is Princess Auto for having the things they advertise in stock at their stores? Should I call the store in advance?
It seems nowadays everything is ordered online.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:04 pm 

For stuff like pellets definitely call. I have never seen jsb's in PA, for either store in Ottawa.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:59 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
For stuff like pellets definitely call. I have never seen jsb's in PA, for either store in Ottawa.

I was thinking in terms of the rifles they have for sale on their website. I have never been to one of their stores since we only used to have one for the longest time and it's in a part of town I never have a reason to go to. They just opened a second store recently in an even worse part of town... :lol: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:28 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
Good advice. I will keep that in mind. :)

Sorry if my reply seemed condescending. But wanted to point out to those reading this thread that the issues you have with your M4-177 isn't the norm for this gun. The fact that you're the only person that seems to have issue with accuracy points to an unique situation. Well, that and the fact the stock is easy to break. A member here sold me his with the broken stock for close to nothing (making it our 2nd M4) and even with the broken stock, the accuracy is as decent as that of the first one, with the full stock. Rifle is nothing but fun, with a distinct design and the great repeating feature. In my case I hold it dear as it's the rifle that got the wife into shooting. So I owe a lot to it, as I had a friend instead of a foe in this fun little shooter. Well at least for the short while till I started buying guns non stop to the point there's no going back now - having made a foe in the process. Thus joining the rest of you guys...

My other beef is with the ever increasing price. Last I checked it was being sold for $140. Is it worth that much? Put it this way, if I hadn't come across mine for sale at $60, you wouldn't be reading this post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:51 pm 

T. Clark wrote:
They just opened a second store recently in an even worse part of town... :lol: :shock:

Easy now. I happen to like that part of town.

Not sure about the pellet gun stock at pa. Only thing I noticed was they had the browning leverage in stock which kinda surprised me. Almost bought it but I have enough budget shooters already.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:24 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
T. Clark wrote:
They just opened a second store recently in an even worse part of town... :lol: :shock:

Easy now. I happen to like that part of town.

Not sure about the pellet gun stock at pa. Only thing I noticed was they had the browning leverage in stock which kinda surprised me. Almost bought it but I have enough budget shooters already.

Well...if you live out that way or happen to be going to a hockey game... it's a nice part of town. :wink: When I was a kid that was wilderness. :shock:

I'll give them a call before venturing out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:52 pm 

PA has a B1 177 rifle for 39.99

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8711335e

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:35 pm 

Still one $28 one left. Is this different than the $39 break barrel? I notice both have been described as b1 on here. If I could stand paying the same for shipping as the gun I'd get it!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk