Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Buying from eBay?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:44 am 

Another dumb newbie question but...has anyone here ever bought air guns from eBay?
Is there an issue importing air guns through customs from the USA or other countries? I have an active eBay account and have purchased a few items successfully there and was just curious.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Buying from eBay?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:38 pm 

It is very rare that any Ebay U.S. Sellers will ship actual air guns up to Canada.

Other countries may ship parts; but again it is very rare for anyone outside Canada on Ebay to ship an actual air gun here.

If you want to buy an air gun from the U.S.; there are sites based in the U.S. where some Sellers sometimes will ship up to Canada.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574

http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/classifieds.php

:)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:45 pm 

Funny thing about E-bay. A close friend of mine bought a lot of scopes - likely 8 or 9 altogether off E-Bay in the States, maybe about 12 years ago now.

Even then, it was illegal for a guy in the States to sell and ship a rifle to a Canadian. Go figure.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:45 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
It is very rare that any Ebay U.S. Sellers will ship actual air guns up to Canada.

Other countries may ship parts; but again it is very rare for anyone outside Canada on Ebay to ship an actual air gun here.

If you want to buy an air gun from the U.S.; there are sites based in the U.S. where some Sellers sometimes will ship up to Canada.

Pyramid Air does as well, does it not?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 pm 

Daryl wrote:
wllm995 wrote:

Pyramid Air does as well, does it not?

and so does airgun depot. As long as it's sub 500 FPS. I emailed baker airguns, and he said he doesn't ship international anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:54 pm 

I just had a M3 Red/Green Dot Sight returned (from China). Reason was ...item detained and marked "weapon accessory".
I reordered from another vendor (from China) and now is on it's way.
You just never know. Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:47 am 

Daryl wrote:
Funny thing about E-bay. A close friend of mine bought a lot of scopes - likely 8 or 9 altogether off E-Bay in the States, maybe about 12 years ago now.

Even then, it was illegal for a guy in the States to sell and ship a rifle to a Canadian. Go figure.

Not true at all. Scopes require an export license, but sporting arms can be shipped to Canada. Airguns are not firearms at all under US law and can be freely exported.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 am 

Thanks for all the helpful replies! From many of them it would seem to be a do it at "your own risk" type of idea. I guess it would be better to shop online from Canadian sellers if I have to. Also with our crappy exchange rate right now It's probably just as well to shop Canadian. I have nothing really against buying used but for me an air gun is an item I'd rather buy brand new right now until I have a little more experience using and maintaining them.

Now all that being said has anyone ever shop at Replica Air Guns? I have seen his videos and he seems to give honest reviews. I really like the looks and reviews of this Umarex Makarov BB pistol. :) https://www.replicaairguns.ca/umarex-makarov-bb-pistol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:05 am 

T. Clark wrote:
Thanks for all the helpful replies! From many of them it would seem to be a do it at "your own risk" type of idea. I guess it would be better to shop online from Canadian sellers if I have to. Also with our crappy exchange rate right now It's probably just as well to shop Canadian. I have nothing really against buying used but for me an air gun is an item I'd rather buy brand new right now until I have a little more experience using and maintaining them.

Now all that being said has anyone ever shop at Replica Air Guns? I have seen his videos and he seems to give honest reviews. I really like the looks and reviews of this Umarex Makarov BB pistol. :) https://www.replicaairguns.ca/umarex-makarov-bb-pistol

Get the blowback version. Its much better.
All of the Canadian airgun retailers are good to go.

Importing from the USA is not that big a deal, but unless its a used vintage gun its usually not worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:33 am 

T. Clark wrote:

Bought many Umarex airguns from him. Very reliable and fast shipment. He doesn't seem to like Crosman though, he doesn't stock any.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
Daryl wrote:

Not true at all. Scopes require an export license, but sporting arms can be shipped to Canada. Airguns are not firearms at all under US law and can be freely exported.

But most don't ship over 500 FPS because the extra amount of paperwork required.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:06 pm 

I meant scope not rifle. Scope's not salable to Canadian Citizens as I understand the situation - unless that has changed recently.

Other gun parts need US export licenses.

P.E.T. and Clinton came to an agreement and Clinton made an Executive order on scopes. At that time, Trudeau and Rock were frightened

that scopes on any rifle turned it into a sniper rifle. Midway ignored the order and was fined, and not will not sell anything to a Canadian,

at least last time I tried to order some 'Kroil' from them. They would not sell it to me as they said 'we do not sell to Canadians any more".

I bought the Kroil Oil from Buffalo Arms instead, along with some bullet moulds and onion skin for paper patching bullets.

Brass from Buffalo Arms had to be sent to a private US citizen then HE sent that to me, as Buffalo Arms could not.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 pm 

Daryl wrote:
I meant scope not rifle. Scope's not salable to Canadian Citizens as I understand the situation - unless that has changed recently.

Other gun parts need US export licenses.

P.E.T. and Clinton came to an agreement and Clinton made an Executive order on scopes. At that time, Trudeau and Rock were frightened

that scopes on any rifle turned it into a sniper rifle. Midway ignored the order and was fined, and not will not sell anything to a Canadian,

at least last time I tried to order some 'Kroil' from them. They would not sell it to me as they said 'we do not sell to Canadians any more".

I bought the Kroil Oil from Buffalo Arms instead, along with some bullet moulds and onion skin for paper patching bullets.

Brass from Buffalo Arms had to be sent to a private US citizen then HE sent that to me, as Buffalo Arms could not.

Scopes require an export permit issued by the state department if they are to be exported from the USA to any other country.
This is a USA export law and has nothing to do with Canada. We can import them no paperwork required.
Most gun parts with a wholesale value of 500.00 or less can be exported to Canada from the USA via regular mail with no paperwork.
Airguns require no paperwork on the US side as they are not firearms under US law.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:35 pm 

T. Clark wrote:

Replica Airguns and AGS (Airgunsource.ca) are the two biggest online seller for Canadians. Both great, lots of choices, fast shippings. I bought air guns and stuffs from both of them.

And each time don't be afraid of 'wasting' time, check all the web sites for the stuff you want, compare the total final price and shipping method, pick the best one you want to go with...

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm 

YepYep wrote:
T. Clark wrote:

Replica Airguns and AGS (Airgunsource.ca) are the two biggest online seller for Canadians. Both great, lots of choices, fast shippings. I bought air guns and stuffs from both of them.

And each time don't be afraid of 'wasting' time, check all the web sites for the stuff you want, compare the total final price and shipping method, pick the best one you want to go with...

Sent from my LG mobile

All the companies use CP to ship and all ship expedited, so shipping time just depends on how far away you are from them.

I wouldn't really say Replica airgun is big. Only a 1 man business, only deals with replica airguns and nothing really high end. D&L is much bigger. Also C.S.S, and also scopes and ammo.

I asked a friend that owns a airgun shop in the states and showed him what required for airguns over 500 FPS and too much work for them.