Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:22 pm 

Joolz wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Odd because I get a reminder that my drivers license to expire. Will be getting one soon actually due to it will expired in Aug. Same as my PAL.

Not in AB, you don't. Which is a huge gripe of mine as I was caught twice with an expired DL. What would have cost under a buck to remind us about it instead turned into a few hundreds in fines. Thus my conclusion that this is a cash cow that the AB government is more than content to continue milking.

Well sounds like its a provincial problem with your DMV.

Because Nova Scotia always did, Ontario does, I'm sure NB, PEI does. Quebec does. *Edit as I find out who does*

So far BC/AB doesn't.

Also if you got caught twice with a expired license, maybe should write your own notices and reminders. Since you are an adult and they normally expire same time every 5 years.

Just saying.

Also firearm license are federal, not provincial.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:59 pm 

BC gives a reminder. As well, if you have outstanding points against your license, as in 6 of them, you get to AGAIN pay a fine for those, in an amount close to $200.00, BEFORE you can get your license renewed, which is about $75.00, I think - good for 5 years. It is cheaper now that I am officially, old, however my license had to be renewed at age 64, so cost full amount, even though I was 65 the next year. They would not sell me a 1-year license.

As well, if you have 6 points against your license with an outstanding fine owed the Government for your horrific driving of 3-5 kph over the limit, you must pay any unpaid fines before you can get your vehicle insurance renewed. When the government is running your entire life(almost) you cannot escape the #@(^@#*(.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:03 pm 

Joolz wrote:
Think you missed the point of the comment. But thanks for explaining that a car is not a firearm.

While a car is not a firearm, it does make for a formidable weapon...
:axe: