Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:44 pm 

Greetings!

I am still air rifle-less and as time passes waiting for a shipment of FX air rifles to land here in Canuckistan , my mind wanders

My wobbly mind is currently wandering back to purchasing an Air Arms and their 510 carbine

I am now wondering if there are problems with some of the FX guns... Is there a quality control issue? (someone who shoots these ...please chime in)*** Would love to hear from owners

I did a quick google search and fond many unhappy owners (and lots that are exceedingly happy of course) but the issues I am finding are 2:

*Poor seals (o-rings that blow out and leak on new rifles and after a short period)
and also
* trigger issue (trigger locks up and becomes unshootable)

After doing quite a search on issues with Air Arms .... Not finding many complaints

I realize that PCP airguns are rather complicated designs, so I guess a guy might need to be stocking o-rings and parts to keep these machines running

Thanks as always from your voices of experience

Lucky...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:06 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Well right now my only issue with FX is that they take forever to ship here!
The QC issues were minor and have mostly been happening in early 2016 batches. My understanding is that the qc have since been resolved.

Air Arms HFT 500
FX Streamline laminate .22
Benjamin Discovery .22 (tuned)
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Crosman 22xx carbine (tuned)
Princess Auto Super Springer Deluxe ($34.99)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:25 pm 

CZ-Sniper wrote:
Well right now my only issue with FX is that they take forever to ship here!
The QC issues were minor and have mostly been happening in early 2016 batches. My understanding is that the qc have since been resolved.

Yes indeed ..
A few patient folks have been waiting on the FX arrivals of Crowns and Streamlines. I am so wanting to get into the PCP airgun world but just don't want to make a poor choice. The $ tied up on gun and gear are substantial to me.
When I first began researching a quality air rifle, I had no idea that this world was so immense and complex, in fact I thought a top of the line model might riun $600.00 (WOW.. was I living in the past or what)
By joining this forum and doing hours of research I have gained a lot of knowledge and come to a few conclusions.

I love the idea of a super accurate gun, and I now understand why spring driven models can be so tricky to operate. ( I never have liked the thump and twang of magnum springers, so not for me)

Oddly the only person I have talked with who owns a Streamline in Canada is on this forum and despite having bad O-rings on his first delivery, that problem was solved... Hopefully as you say, the newest Streamlines will be OK

a few of the links I found, (below) but there are many out there discussing glitches .... mostly from US & Euro sites.

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-streamline-trigger-problem

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=135461.0

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=121741.0 <<< This thread dealt with the trigger sear problem and it seems minor but maybe the newest batch will have had this part tweeked

Hopefully this coming week we might get some news on these FX's

Lucky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 am 

Don't wait, Air Arms make a fantastic product second to none, though I may be a little biased.

The way I always looked at it, I will never be able to exceed what the gun is capable of doing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 am 

Maybe send peterdulux a pm. He has a few FX rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:14 pm 

MacG wrote:
Don't wait, Air Arms make a fantastic product second to none, though I may be a little biased.

The way I always looked at it, I will never be able to exceed what the gun is capable of doing.

Haaa.. Just noticed your signature .. Seems you do like AA guns! 3 of them! They certainly do seem nice indeed!

Is your .177 in the 510 a full length or carbine??

Thanks for the post

Lucky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:30 pm 

I have the full length version.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:56 pm 

I have and had FX's and to me they are not worth the money..i have a custom QB under $600 and many hours into it and I would throw it up against any of the FX's

Steve

Walther Falcon .25
Benji XL 1100

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:37 pm 

Wow! Good to hear! Do you have some posts with pics of your QB's? Would love to see what you have done with them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:59 pm 

barbas929 wrote:
I have and had FX's and to me they are not worth the money..i have a custom QB under $600 and many hours into it and I would throw it up against any of the FX's

Steve

A Beeman QB?

Can you get 900 fps with CO2?

I just had a look at the stock QB's and they do remind me of yesteryear's Crossman's .. nice lightweight rifles.

I am finding out from this forum that people are buying from the US , and I imagine this is how one gets a custom made gun..

interesting,, but perhaps some added $ because of the import handling fees

Thanks for your imput

Lucky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:53 pm 

barbas929 wrote:

Steve

Anytime you want to have a shootout with your QB and my FX I'm game.....It really would not be fair to you though.

FX are worth every penny if you want top shelf accuracy, consistency, shot count, mag capacity, Innovation.

Comparing a QB or Crossman, or Benjamin to "any" FX is not even realistic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:21 am 

I'm saying that I don't think they're worth the money, if you're so confident in your fx I would love to have your shootout and you shouldn't have a problem playing for the rifles either then since its not even fair to me
Not sure where you live in Ontario but I'm willing to travel halfway to accept your challenge

Steve

Walther Falcon .25
Benji XL 1100

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am 

Cool! Looking forward to the results of this challenge! I got 3/8" at 50 yards for 7 shots with my Qb78 and that was just resting my arms on some cement and almost no practice at long range[emoji2]. Could be a close match!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 am 

If someone can join and make a YouTube video will be great ~ [emoji16]

Sounds like the old west duel ~

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am 

Lol! Great plan! Might need a few seconds for this duel to calm things down, especially if the fx loses! Wouldn't want it to turn into a real western gunfight!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk