Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:00 pm 

Minnelli is Part of a Huge Corporation, That owns Brockock , Daystate etc...
Hence why they will only deal with U.S companies, who will then supply a FEW Canadian suppliers...at the exuberant prices...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:59 am 

zuluyou wrote:
Minnelli is Part of a Huge Corporation, That owns Brockock , Daystate etc...
Hence why they will only deal with U.S companies, who will then supply a FEW Canadian suppliers...at the exuberant prices...

Can you show us a reference that confirms this? Brocock, Daystate, and MTC was acquired around 2014 by the Diana Group (not to be confused with the German airgun brand), an Italian holding company that also owns Breda and Marocchi.

As I understand it, Minelli S.p.A. mainly deal with woodworking and I don't see any reference that says it's owned by the Diana Group.
http://www.minelligroup.com/minelli_corporate_facts/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:17 pm 

I apologize and stand corrected , It is The Marocchi Family that owns the mentioned firearms and optics companies ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 pm 

S'all good. We learn new things everyday from each other.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:55 pm 

zuluyou wrote:
You Want The Top Bollocks Out Of The Box .... AirArms S510 Fac , Walnut .22. I promise that You will not be disappointed.
You may get bored of the Laser accuracy, but the Finish and Smoothness will always bring you back.......also still a British Company.
Daystate also a wicked airgun , I have old Wolverine .30 and an Air Ranger .22, 50 FPE. Both manufactured in England, with detail and Craftmanship.......since selling out to Minnelli , Their quality of wood has downgraded, the prices have increased like crazy....
Not the Quality Arms That they used to be ....IN MY OPINION.

Also Have the Weihrauch 100, also a smooth rifle, nothing that you would not expect from the Germans. Again extremely accurate, of coarse. I prefer the feel /balance of the AirArms.....

So you're saying the AirArms is on par with the HW100 accuracy, craftsmanship and finish wise? How about that trigger?
I'm still dreaming about that Weihrauch trigger.

The S510 TDR that is supposed to be coming out would be the answer to my question.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 am 

Absolutely, Without a Question......Maybe even more Accurate
Sounds crazy it actually gets a little boring to shoot, Only thing you can do is make the Target smaller at Greater Distance , just for the challenge....
but even hitting thumb tacks at 60 yrds gets lame after awhile, that is why you purchase numerous rifles. You get what you Pay for, some a little more

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 am 

Nice! That's awesome [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:45 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
zuluyou wrote:
You Want The Top Bollocks Out Of The Box .... AirArms S510 Fac , Walnut .22. I promise that You will not be disappointed.
You may get bored of the Laser accuracy, but the Finish and Smoothness will always bring you back.......also still a British Company.
Daystate also a wicked airgun , I have old Wolverine .30 and an Air Ranger .22, 50 FPE. Both manufactured in England, with detail and Craftmanship.......since selling out to Minnelli , Their quality of wood has downgraded, the prices have increased like crazy....
Not the Quality Arms That they used to be ....IN MY OPINION.

Also Have the Weihrauch 100, also a smooth rifle, nothing that you would not expect from the Germans. Again extremely accurate, of coarse. I prefer the feel /balance of the AirArms.....

So you're saying the AirArms is on par with the HW100 accuracy, craftsmanship and finish wise? How about that trigger?
I'm still dreaming about that Weihrauch trigger.

The S510 TDR that is supposed to be coming out would be the answer to my question.

I was only able to handle an HW once. Never got to launch a pellet from it though but I did dry-fire it. Nice trigger, really, but the owner already did some elbow grease treatment on it. Comparing the Teutonic pcp against its Brit equivalent (the AA S5 series), the former is a shade or 2 simpler in aesthetics and finish but it is really robust and solid.

Accuracy should be the same with probably a slight edge to the German brand due to its regulator. It has a longer barrel too.

The AA trigger is very nice. Mine improved even more when I polished its internals. I also adjusted it to get rid of the 2nd stage.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:09 pm 

zuluyou wrote:
Sounds crazy it actually gets a little boring to shoot, Only thing you can do is make the Target smaller at Greater Distance , just for the challenge....
but even hitting thumb tacks at 60 yrds gets lame after awhile

There's an easy way to up the challenge... shoot standing/kneeling/prone :wink:

It looks like the dropped the cute little back back for a hard case

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:08 pm 

sillymike wrote:
zuluyou wrote:
but even hitting thumb tacks at 60 yrds gets lame after awhile

It looks like the dropped the cute little back back for a hard case

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG that thing is gorgeous :!:

The HW100 I tried was the laminated thumbhole stock, it was gorgeous! It really wasn't "simpler" it was beautiful. But I think that TDR S510 is just perfect.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:43 am 

sillymike wrote:

Definitely. Once you have established the gun will do its part you now have a platform to gauge how well you can do yours. 10m offhand and see how well you score. Humbling in my experience. Take the scope off and throw on a diopter. Try with irons. Many challenges to be had.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:56 am 

I think one of the reason I find the TDR so interesting, is that it reminds me a take-down spy-pistol set I had as a kid

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm 

My S510 best I have ever had

HERE IS WHY :D THE center ring is dime size

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 pm 

That U.N.C.L.E. kit is so cool!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:56 pm 

abslayer wrote:
My S510 best I have ever had

HERE IS WHY :D THE center ring is dime size

Nice! Great accuracy!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk