Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:56 pm 

So I ordered a HPA pump from China I even paid extra for faster shipping. I did not want to wait 30 to 40 days for delivery.
I will need this for my new project I'm working on I will be using lots of air so this will be needed.
I only need to ordered one more part and it's a regulator.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/YH-30MPA-High-P ... Zn9iiqEo4A

Attachments:
pump hp.JPG
pump hp.JPG [ 172.16 KiB | Viewed 1272 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:59 pm 

I will give you a small revue on this after I have tested it.
if in 2 months I have not posted a small revue well the pump exploded and killed me. :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:06 pm 

In for following this post.

Oh and where can I subscribe for the obituary? You know just in case? 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 pm 

Lol!
Congrats! I've been looking at these Yong heng as well!
Really hard to tell which version you are getting by the pictures on the listing. Some pictures are the standard version with oil water separator and more powerful pump, and some are of the simple version. The description sounds like you got the standard version though so hopefully! Though I'm sure the other one works fine as well.
You can also buy an auto stop version that shuts off at 4500psi or a set pressure version that you can set your pressure where you want, for others that are interested. Aliexpress has some good prices as well.

Sure will beat hand pumping hey! Or having to take trips to the local scuba shop[emoji846]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 am 

I have read some threads on other sites where these pumps have met with disaster ... I'm sure there is a reason why quality high pressure pumps cost 5 times + more

Any reports on how this unit is working???

Cheers

Lucky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:13 am 

Piles of guys have bought them on the GTA forum, only problems I've seen were later found to be user error. The user manuals are reported to be lacking. Lots of info on them though available and user reviews. If you look on aliexpress you'll see hundreds of orders on some sellers stores and very high stars. Of course, buying an expensive one may give more peace of mind, though they do have burst discs built in to them, which should blow before anything's else does. [emoji846]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 pm 

I just got one.

Things to watch out for this pump are:

1. Temperature of the cylinder head.. If one has a laser thermometer to measure it while operating, make sure the temp don't go over 50C. Stop if this is reached.
2. Use teflon tape on all the connectors eg, pressure release knobs, the pressure line. To be sure there is no leak.
3. Pump provided is smallish, if this could be replaced by a higher capacity pump the better... Use ice water for better cooling system as well.
4. Make sure to use a high side filter after the supplied female connector . The high side one I used is the tuxing gold tube filled with molecular sieve and the provided synthetic "compressed cotton" material before and after the sieve. Pump will take at least 15 minutes to fill the tube since I think the sieve is highly compressed which should be to capture all moisture in the air.

I have filled my 90 ci ninja tank a couple of times from 3000 psi to 4500 psi in less than 15 minutes. Still waiting for my connectors for my SCBA and will try to fill that as well and will post here how it performs.

I just can't post pics here since the thread only accepts low resolution pictures. So far so good for a less expensive compressor alternative out there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:41 pm 

Well Even if I paid for faster shipping I will only get this pump in Jan 2018 so you guys will have to wait for a revue.

I don't have a big tank to fill only a small tank a 90 ci but I will be shopping for a 4500 psi with a regulated 3000 psi output, any ideas???
My tank is 3000 psi regulated a 2000 psi I could always run my build at 2000 psi since I have tons or air to refill it.

I will make sure too look are your safety tip list before fire-ring up this bad boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:46 pm 

Here is a 2900psi output regulator for carbon fiber bottle. You can buy carbon fiber tanks cheap on aliexpress, probably regulators as well.
http://www.oshoot.ca/gshop/en/search?co ... it_search=

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:53 pm 

Here is a regulator and 3l tank, not sure what size you wanted, this seller has various sizes. You have to specify to the seller what output you want on the regulator otherwise you'll end up with 850psi only.

2017 New hot sale regulator preset for paintball tank 4500 psi input pressure for paintball game
http://s.aliexpress.com/BN7NZrqe
(from AliExpress Android)

Air Rifle Hunting Use or Paintball Tank Carbon Fiber Cylinder with 3L and 4500 psi and light weight CE certified
http://s.aliexpress.com/myUjqY3q

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:11 am 
Supporting Member 2009

I have had the YH Compressor for a few months now and at the time paid $400 CAD shipped to my door (got here in 3 weeks). I filled up my 90 CI ninja tank from 2800 to 4500 PSI over 20 times without a single hiccup. Just watch the temperature readings and make sure you are replacing the #46 anti wear hydraulic oil every 40 min run - time.
I also have the Tuxing oil/water separator (the big golden cylinder) to filter out moisture. Also, tape all of the threads.
The Yong Heng compressor has been widely used and on the market for over a year now. Surely, if it caused some harm or exploded, we would hear about it by now. It seems to get nothing but praises online. People are probably confusing its reliability with the Tuxing compressor, which is not as good as the YH, and due to user - error, has exploded (as seen on the GTA forum).

Air Arms HFT 500
FX Streamline laminate .22
Benjamin Discovery .22 (tuned)
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Crosman 22xx carbine (tuned)
Princess Auto Super Springer Deluxe ($34.99)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:39 am 

That's a great price! Did you end up paying some customs fees at all?
Where did you buy it if you don't mind me asking? I've found a couple simple version and one hardback version for $400 shipped to Canada on aliexpress, but everything else is $500 or more it seems, especially if a person wants the set pressure version. Which version did you get? I've heard some guys give great reviews with the simple version as well, saying they pump guns and tanks really fast even though they are rated 40l/min instead of the 50l/min the regular versions state.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:52 am 
Supporting Member 2009

I paid 20 bucks customs.
Purchased Hardcover 110V from eBay seller: globeorder.
I didn't get the set version because I like to bleed out the air before switching off the compressor.

Air Arms HFT 500
FX Streamline laminate .22
Benjamin Discovery .22 (tuned)
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Crosman 22xx carbine (tuned)
Princess Auto Super Springer Deluxe ($34.99)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 pm 

Jeez he wants $532 CAD now, great you got it on sale!
Here is one just under $400 cdn for same version. About best deal I've found

110V/220V 1.8KW 40L/min 30MPa Mini High Pressure Electric Air Pump Compressor for Pneumatic Airgun Scuba Rifle PCP Inflator
http://s.aliexpress.com/IB7jMbuq

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:15 pm 

Well I think i'm in trouble the last 30 sales from my seller are all bad feed back ebay blocked him
no one got the part they ordered he is a scammer. so I'm sure I will probably get led light instead of my compressor
since it what everyone got.
here is a link to me seller.

https://www.ebay.ca/usr/reliable.deal?_ ... 2749.l2754

Attachments:
hpa comp.JPG
hpa comp.JPG [ 53.11 KiB | Viewed 949 times ]