Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: WTT SodaStream
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:40 am 

New SodaStream Jet with full CO2 bottle. Was received as a gift. Would like to trade for a Dan Wesson in 6mm.
Adapters are available on eBay to refill the CO2 using a paintball tank.

Post subject: Re: WTT SodaStream
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:03 pm 

This is the nicer model that accepts the wider bottles, so you have no problems with up to 24 Oz CO2 bottles (we have two of these, one for camping/spare). I was fortunate to find someone in town selling the adaptors, as he had ordered off ebay and never got to use them. The adaptors are a must, as this company is a complete ripoff. Most people love the concept but abandon the idea once they realize this Israeli cartel is all about raping you with their proprietary CO2 bottles. Only way to go is with the adaptor and a couple of CO2 tanks. Think we have half a dozen tanks, from 20 to 24oz and they last quite a long time. Only $6.50 to refill at a paintball store.

Great concept if you can do it without bending over. Oh and stay away from their 'pop' concussions. This works great with just plain H2O (although I couldn't help but to experiment with red wine)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:59 pm 

I was thinking it would be good for homemade ginger beer if you wanted to skip the second fermentation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:54 pm 

Can't comment on beer making but one of the things I was really looking forward to was to experiment with sparkling red wine - something we often hunt for and pay a premium. Unfortunately it didn't go well. CO2 makes anything you're mixing it with acidic. I had purchased a bottle of a pretty sweet red and still it tasted horrible, what sugar was in it was gone during this chemical reaction and an unpleasant amount of acid added.

Tried next with homemade lemonade and even then it removes what natural sugar is in the mix while adding some acid to the taste. Even adding poison sugar (the crap you buy at stores) didn't help, it just made the whole thing taste weird. So now we stick to just plain H2O and love it.

Still though, a great idea and a great way to get one to drink more water. I highly recommend it - as long as you buy the adaptor and never use the proprietary bottles.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:44 pm 

I think people add baking soda to counter act the CO2 acid influx, but its been a while since I looked at anything related to home brew so I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:58 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

This sounds like whole new spin on #regifting. Trading gifts for guns, I like that idea. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:56 am 

Woody wrote:
This sounds like whole new spin on #regifting. Trading gifts for guns, I like that idea. :D

Guns as gifts would be better still.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:56 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

paddyfritz wrote:
Guns as gifts would be better still.

"You don't need another gun!" :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:33 pm 

Received a second box with a bunch of the soda mix so the wife says we are keeping it.
Still looking for a Dan Wesson in 6mm though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:07 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
Received a second box with a bunch of the soda mix so the wife says we are keeping it.

She won't be, once she tries the soda mix :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:44 pm 

Yeah, its pretty sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:22 pm 

I fizz the bottle and then add some homemade lemonade or cranberry juice with a Brita filter they make a great team. I drink more water thanks to that machine. I'm thinking of getting a second one to bring at work.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:42 pm 

I find it needs a lot more CO2 than they claim. The soda mix they sell, when used exactly as stated on the bottle, does not make as many L as they say it does. The company seems rather shady to me.

My wife likes the orange soda as she likes fountain pop that is less carbonated then real bottled or canned soda.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:31 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
I find it needs a lot more CO2 than they claim. The soda mix they sell, when used exactly as stated on the bottle, does not make as many L as they say it does. The company seems rather shady to me.

My wife likes the orange soda as she likes fountain pop that is less carbonated then real bottled or canned soda.

I'm not spending a dime on those syrup. I found not all bottles are created equal. It seems one will last about 2 weeks and another one will last over a month.
Is all CO2 created equal? I'm scared CO2 bought in any shop won't be good so I sticked to their brand.
Doesn't Crosman (or is it Daisy) put a tiny bit of oil in their CO2 so it will lube gun internals? So if I get CO2 in bulk isn't possible that it will contain additives that taste bad or are just plain toxic for us?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:43 pm 

Co2 would have to come from a gas supply place. I doubt that the bulk cylinders would contain additives.