Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:06 pm 

Does anyone know about or have used something like these.
Are you allowed a corrective lens/eye piece?

Attachments:
Shooting glasses.JPG
Shooting glasses.JPG [ 25.96 KiB | Viewed 700 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:44 am 

ezplnkr wrote:
HuskyDude wrote:
tpoof wrote:
perhaps fabricating something of this sort would be worth a try. lots of good ideas on youtube.

EyePal

Okay who's gonna try them and report back to the clan???? Image

Doesn't a small piece of black electrical tape with a 2-3 mm hole punched in the middle of it basically the same thing? Or is there more to this than meets the eye (pun intended)?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:47 am 

Hillbilly wrote:
ezplnkr wrote:
HuskyDude wrote:
[quote="tpoof"]perhaps fabricating something of this sort would be worth a try. lots of good ideas on youtube.

EyePal

Okay who's gonna try them and report back to the clan???? Image

Doesn't a small piece of black electrical tape with a 2-3 mm hole punched in the middle of it basically the same thing? Or is there more to this than meets the eye (pun intended)?
[/quote]

Yes it does the very same thing for free. Try experimenting with the hole size. The apreature increases the depth of field or the zone that is i. Focus just like a camera lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:47 am 

I need my reading glasses on trimming nails (+1.25) only...

For the fine prints that I really can't read but really need to read it, I prefer to use my cellphone to zoom in or take picture then zoom in...

But looks no problem in shooting with open sights. I learned that we can focus on only one thing. So I use the way in aiming with peep sight on every iron sights and works well.

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:03 pm 

I like the idea of the peep hole close to pupil, ordering some samples asap.
on my bows my peep apertures are about 1 MM plus minus a very small variation.
but
these small apertures can work in well light conditions the best...
Couple years ago I even wanted to do eye surgery but I've been told won't last long.
Friend of my - holding couple World titles in archery - he did the surgery, but saw him this last fall, he retired from competition, and I saw him wearing glasses again.

How is that adjustable iris mountable to a shooting frame?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:32 am 

Easiest way to make perfect holes in black tape is with a heated needle. Use match or lighter or even stove element might work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:25 am 

Daryl wrote:
Easiest way to make perfect holes in black tape is with a heated needle. Use match or lighter or even stove element might work.

I use a leather punch. I will give the needle a try. Thanks for the tip

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:05 am 

bigHUN wrote:

How is that adjustable iris mountable to a shooting frame?

On my Varga, the iris slides over the pin the hold the lens in place

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:37 am 

I went with the Lasik eye surgery. Now wearing glasses again after 10 years and regretting having it done

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 pm 

Tried wearing my reading glasses to shoot in the weekend and found I can see the sights razor sharp... But the target just blurred out and I can't even tell the rings... Looks this method is not my tea...

Farsighted is coming with age... And the other thing is the hands are not steady as before. And I found the shaking hand affects my accuracy more than the eyes...

So after I put my new red dot on my P17, I found It's useless at all... Without a shoulder stock, the dot just can't stop moving while I aim and It's worse than open sight that it always blocking where I am going to aim... But I looks being able to develop a good timing to pull the trigger now. I try my best to point the gun steadily but will let it float, not circling, float from left to right, down to up etc, and then pull the trigger at a good timing. It looks I can shoot much better through this way...

Sent from my LG mobile

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:34 pm 

Yep Yep - had I tried my regular reading glasses, I might have come to the same conclusion you did, however I knew readers were of no use for any beyond my computer screen distance, so I tried

very light magnification reading glasses of .25 and .50 not the 1.50's through 2.50's I had ended up using to read & see the computer screen.

With the .25's and .5's I found I could not only see the sights, but the target as well. What I did not like about them, was the tiny, narrow lenses.

Locally, I was able to purchase a set of larger lens .75 diopter glasses. With those the sights are iron sights crystal clear and I can see the targets just fine, right to 110 yards. They are clear enough I

can hit them every shot with my flintlock rifles, if I don't screw up my hold, as in flinch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:14 pm 

I got really lucky at the last Calgary Gun Show and picked up this clip on adjustable iris for $20! The frame is actually a pair of 3D glasses from the movie theater. I cut out the lower part of the right lens and I put some tape over the left lens to act like a blinder. I don't use them much at the moment but in another year or two I'll probably need them more. I do wear reading glasses but I can still see most open sights without any real problems. :D

Attachments:
IMG-20180111-00651.jpg
IMG-20180111-00651.jpg [ 277.07 KiB | Viewed 563 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:35 pm 

Is there the reading glasses rated as low as .25, .50 something in local stores ( like Shoppers Drugmart)?

Maybe I can try those too...

I usually don't need the glass to read cellphone, computer etc... But I was surprised that the first time I weared my glasses to play my iPad... I must say the Retina Screen is so colorful and razor sharp graphics.... [emoji29] never think it's that good without the glasses... Sigh...... Aged...

Sent from my LG mobile

~Target~