Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 pm 

I dare say this has been discussed before but I don't know the reasoning for and against:
What about having an Airsoft sub-section, seems to be enough room on the interface and could sit with Powderburners in the Bar & Grill section?
I see quite a few posts where it is mentioned so there is plenty of interest among the members. I know there are separate forums for it but I left the one I joined pretty quickly as it seemed rife with an unhelpful, unfriendly clique that wasn't exactly welcoming to newbies and their questions.
Just a thought...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:47 pm 

Agreed.

And I am sure many among us owns airsoft guns too. And for myself I am willing to buy one or two ( maybe more [emoji16] ) in the near future...

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:09 pm 

Got 4 airsoft out of 13 gun's, will put one for sale next week.

I do feel uncomfortable posting about airsoft here, but having as much fun with 6mm then witk 4.5mm. Except maybe not making my metal plate, but making the ding anyway when hit...

Silentman

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:32 pm 

I know the forum you mean. I shoot Airsoft spring pistols daily at my trailer in the summer time. Zero noise for the trailers 20 feet beside me. I split bees in half in the grass when clover flowers are out on my campsite. Great fun actually. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:54 am 

DDtank wrote:
I know there are separate forums for it but I left the one I joined pretty quickly as it seemed rife with an unhelpful, unfriendly clique that wasn't exactly welcoming to newbies and their questions.

I suspect the reason for not having airsoft here is it would tend to attract exactly those types of people.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:35 am 
Supporting Member 2009

lleader wrote:
I suspect the reason for not having airsoft here is it would tend to attract exactly those types of people.

I always thought it was because we didn't want to promote pointing guns at each other, and shooting them.
Your reference to "those types of people" is not very 2018, someone will likely get offended. :axe: :axe: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:47 am 

lleader wrote:
it would tend to attract exactly those types of people.

There are undoubtedly a lot of "weekend warriors" in the airsoft community that would never pass even a rudimentary military fitness check but will still fancy they would have a chance if dropped behind enemy lines in Afghanistan. It also tends to disproportionately attract younger enthusiasts who still being in their formative years might need a little brushing up on their etiquette, especially given online anonymity. Add that to a lot of pseudo-science when it comes to discussing various aspects of the physics of the sport and I can see what you mean by "those types".

That being said, in my experience the vast majority of players are perfectly pleasant individuals who just want to run around slinging plastic at their friends, it's not fair to tar the whole community with the same brush because of some bad apples. I personally would welcome an airsoft section on this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:13 am 

I'd be good with a airsoft target shooting section. Mods, repairs, plinking info exchange. I have no interest in airsoft games.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:05 am 

No airsoft please for the love of GOD

Age 10 to 14 No thanks
Mods That make it over 500fps is rampant.
and more other things

I vote No

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:19 am 

FRANK wrote:

Over 500 feet per second with a 0.20 gram BB is still technically legal without a PAL because of the low projectile weight, in fact you can go up to 785 feet per second with such projectiles before energy levels exceed the limit.

The law is pretty clear:

Quote:
Air guns that are firearms for purposes of both the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code

These are air guns with both a high muzzle velocity (greater than 152.4 metres or 500 feet per second) and a high muzzle energy (greater than 5.7 joules or 4.2 foot-pounds).

Of course at these power levels there is real potential for injury in airsoft games, so in practice most players are limited to 350-400 fps for semi/full auto replicas and 450-500 fps for bolt action "sniper" type replicas.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:30 pm 

FRANK wrote:

Age 10 to 14 No thanks
and more other things

I vote No

I agree with Frank on this
if you make a airsoft section then you can also make a paintball section... :roll:
if your into airsoft join an airsoft forum....just saying :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:58 pm 

Ace wrote:
FRANK wrote:

Age 10 to 14 No thanks
and more other things

I vote No

I agree with Frank on this
if you make a airsoft section then you can also make a paintball section... :roll:
if your into airsoft join an airsoft forum....just saying :wink:

Make my vote no as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:27 pm 

Any chance of also running a section for marshmallow crossbows.....under 500fps....just kidding..
I vote NO to Airsoft....AND marshmallow crossbows.... :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:44 pm 

I think the idea of adding the airsoft section is NOT regarding the war games but the other infos like general discussion, tech info, equipments etc...

We say no to the airsoft guns or to the games?

Maybe It's too close between each other and ppl won't be able to not talking other things but only airsoft guns in it?!

Actually I found there are too many interesting thing in airsoft/ war game here... Not only the sniper guns, the mini-guns, there also comes everything in the war like smoking grenade etc...

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:50 pm 

Personally, I'm not in the air soft realm at all. Nothing against it, I just have no interest.
We seem to see more posts here on them lately, so maybe there should be a separate section for those of us are into them.
That said, one of the reasons I love the current Forum is that it's focused on stuff that's relevant to my Airgun interests, which are all metal-projectile based. :P
Maybe a vote among the membership would be an option...